[8.0.2e] LibreELEC 8.0 for S905/S905X

• I also experienced boot issues. I don't want to repeat what was said, Uberduke already did very comprehensive testing on his/her Minix NEO U1 a few posts back. While his/her Minix NEO boot issues seem settled down, mini doesn't.

I thought boot issue only hit 64 bit build, I was wrong. I thought it was the script files and replaced them with older script files, boot issues remained. I thought only arm builds are affected, wrong again. I tested afl1's latest build (aarch) on Mini M8S II, boot issues remain (Yeah, I tested afl1's build for K II despite I don't own that box, his build could not read the CPU temperature, so I believe it is not the cause of boot issue). When boot issue happened, it stays at the boot logo and LibreELEC logo never shown. It look likes the box was waiting for some response from the TV via HDMI to proceed.

For the Mini M8S II (S905X, 2G/8G), the only way I could make it boot is to turn the TV off (Mini M8S II will then turned off by itself because I set it in CEC), Then I turn on the Mini M8S II with the remote (while the TV remains off), then it will boot properly and turn the TV back on (as I also set it in CEC). That is, every time TV was on when the Mini M8S II boots, the latter hang.

I have a TV that doesn't support HDMI-CEC at all. I tested latest build LibreELEC-S905.arm-8.0-devel-20161223194610-r25062-g308adcf.img.gz on Beelink M18 (S905, 2G/16G) with mSD card with this TV, no matter how many time I tried, reboot or boot on power up, it boots right away. The same box, same mSD card, nothing touched, when moved to family room and tested, it just hang at the boot screen (AVR and TV both support HDMI-CEC which I have no idea to turn CEC support off)!

Hope the above information could narrow down the search for solution of the boot issues, whether it was 7.90 or 7.0.3, arm or aarch, 32 or 64 bit.

• LibreELEC-S905.arm-8.0-devel-20161223194610-r25062-g308adcf
    Latest version wont boot anymore MX Plus TV Box Android 5.1.1

I've finally upgrate to it also... Have some issue with dtb.img but after all everyrhing is ok.
    Try a few times again, for my MXQ Pro 4k boot after 5 tries (((
    [hr]

I also experienced boot issues. I don't want to repeat what was said, Uberduke already did very comprehensive testing on his/her Minix NEO U1 a few posts back. While his/her Minix NEO boot issues seem settled down, mini doesn't.

I thought boot issue only hit 64 bit build, I was wrong. I thought it was the script files and replaced them with older script files, boot issues remained. I thought only arm builds are affected, wrong again. I tested afl1's latest build (aarch) on Mini M8S II, boot issues remain (Yeah, I tested afl1's build for K II despite I don't own that box, his build could not read the CPU temperature, so I believe it is not the cause of boot issue). When boot issue happened, it stays at the boot logo and LibreELEC logo never shown. It look likes the box was waiting for some response from the TV via HDMI to proceed.

For the Mini M8S II (S905X, 2G/8G), the only way I could make it boot is to turn the TV off (Mini M8S II will then turned off by itself because I set it in CEC), Then I turn on the Mini M8S II with the remote (while the TV remains off), then it will boot properly and turn the TV back on (as I also set it in CEC). That is, every time TV was on when the Mini M8S II boots, the latter hang.

I have a TV that doesn't support HDMI-CEC at all. I tested latest build LibreELEC-S905.arm-8.0-devel-20161223194610-r25062-g308adcf.img.gz on Beelink M18 (S905, 2G/16G) with mSD card with this TV, no matter how many time I tried, reboot or boot on power up, it boots right away. The same box, same mSD card, nothing touched, when moved to family room and tested, it just hang at the boot screen (AVR and TV both support HDMI-CEC which I have no idea to turn CEC support off)!

Hope the above information could narrow down the search for solution of the boot issues, whether it was 7.90 or 7.0.3, arm or aarch, 32 or 64 bit.

How you turned off CEC? I want to try it with my box

Edited once, last by EasySly (December 26, 2016 at 3:58 PM).

• How you turned off CEC? I want to try it with my box

For AV receiver, I have no idea. For certain TV brands (such as Toshiba but not for my Panasonic), you can turn CEC off at your TV setting menu. If there's no AV receiver in between your TV and you TV box, I would suggest just turn your TV off. That's what I did in the bedroom with my Toshiba TV. In such case, I can still use the media keys (Play, Pause, Stop, FWD, BWD) on the TV remote. Functions came with the TV box remote are so limited.

Edited once, last by wkchick (December 26, 2016 at 4:30 PM).

• I can't install adaptive inputstream. Is this a known issue? (posted in the wrong thread)

The latest addon version is available in the addon repository. You may need to refresh LE repo first.

Did the Hyperion addon got removed from the repository? I can't find it anymore...

There were some issues with compiling Hyperion. It should be available now.

• Seasons greeting and a big thx in advance.

Dec 23rd build is running without boot issues on my box from SD, but:

1. 24p videos have bad stutter sometimes, several times per second, but no dropped frames according to PlayerDebug. You can see this in the attached log
    other 24p videos look alright but when looking for stutter (credit roll p.e.) you can also see the stutter (again multiple times per second, not the previous ~41s)

2. subtitles and other "overlays" like the debug messages are rendered incorrectly most of the time, they are "spotty". I tried to take screenshots, but the screenshots show the text clear, so I took photos of the screen to show it

please advise if you'd like me to provide further testing!

signature shows daily driver on NAND, this is testing from SD

Edit: both problems occur only when using HW acceleration

Edited once, last by juramusger (December 27, 2016 at 12:35 PM).

• The latest addon version is available in the addon repository. You may need to refresh LE repo first.

There were some issues with compiling Hyperion. It should be available now.

It worked! Oh my god this box is going to be soooo sweet.
    Thanks kszaq!

• Trying to figure out a couple things. I have the 32bit 7.90 alpha LE running on my s95 meta

1. I see most everything on here is 64bit. On the freaktab forum for my device they seem to lean towards the 64bit variant. Should I prefer 64bit over the 32 for my device? I saw the note regarding addons and memory usage.

2. The box will be used for kodi streaming mainly. Am I better off just running off of my 32gb uhs1 card or should I install to the internal memory? Any pros / cons to either?

As said I have the alpha installed internally now, but the boot seems erratic. It'll hang on the tronsmart logo and I'll have to pull the power a few times before going to LE. The behavior was similar on the sdcard too. Is that due to the alpha or my device?

I am curious if I should hold off on alpha LE for the time being? Could it be an issue with the 32gb card (setup with Rufus). I clean installed after flashing and wiping new Android firmware on the device.

• Wonder what the problem with Twitch is, Jarvis works fine but Krypton I have to keep spamming play on every stream and after 5-10 mins it finally plays.

i know this might be a pain but if you turn off hardware acceleration when watching twitch it's fine then just turn it back on when you want to watch tv, this is what i've been doing until it's sorted out. Also it's not just twitch the NBC sports extra addon has the same issue

• Gendo I have been testing this PR in almost every revision and while I admit that Peak3d has done a great job and many of my samples play smoothly, there are still some issues with this PR, e.g. some TV recordings not playing at all. Peak3d is in touch with both Amlogic and LE developers and I hope at some point these issues can be resolved. When this happens, I will upload a build with the patch included.

• Gendo I have been testing this PR in almost every revision and while I admit that Peak3d has done a great job and many of my samples play smoothly, there are still some issues with this PR, e.g. some TV recordings not playing at all. Peak3d is in touch with both Amlogic and LE developers and I hope at some point these issues can be resolved. When this happens, I will upload a build with the patch included.

Thanks for the explanation.. If i can help in anyway do let me know.

• I'm also having that overlay bug, took a screenshot but it didn't show up

So i had to use my phone, you can see it shifts everything to the left

(pics)

speaking about shifting to the left: I recently found out that the output is shifted one or two pixels to the left for all versions of LE I've tried so far. Again, screenshots are no use, so more photos:

now, this also only occurs with HW-acceleration on, when it's off the picture is perfectly centered.
    (accordingly?) video calibration is no use, I can set the left overscan as far as I want, it' always output the same.
    problem occurs on Krypton from the signature and 7.0.3.011 which is now on the SD card, haven't tried Dec 23rd build again (I need more SD cards for testing)

(should I post a separate thread/bug report or is it fine here?)