[8.0.2e] LibreELEC 8.0 for S905/S905X

• afl1 How did you get media_build to work? When V4L2 is compiled in kernel image - and that's a condition to have hardware decoding work - media_build modules won't work. Have you tried using any of them?

Edited once, last by kszaq (December 3, 2016 at 9:51 AM).

• afl1 How did you get media_build to work? When V4L2 is compiled in kernel image - and that's a condition to have hardware decoding work - media_build modules won't work. Have you tried using any of them?

It is miracle!

And I can't repeat it.

I found very interesting testing build with following combination kernel buildin modules:

Code
    kernel/drivers/media/v4l2-core/videodev.ko
    kernel/drivers/media/v4l2-core/v4l2-common.ko
    kernel/drivers/media/v4l2-core/v4l2-dv-timings.ko
    kernel/drivers/media/v4l2-core/videobuf-core.ko
    kernel/drivers/media/v4l2-core/videobuf-res.ko
    kernel/drivers/media/v4l2-core/videobuf2-core.ko
    kernel/drivers/media/v4l2-core/videobuf2-memops.ko

But I am unable to create linux config for following set of buildin modules:

This build is based on your latest build replacing kernel.img with old one.

Edited once, last by afl1 (December 3, 2016 at 10:06 AM).

• Thanks for reminding me to RTFFP :D
    Then I have the same client not working issue, and no compatible addon even after repo refresh.
    Like others before me.

At least eastuary becomes a little more polished.

• LibreELEC 7.90 (alpha) with the latest DVB and Media drivers from media_build:

I can confirm that a Mygica T230 DVB-T/T2/C and a Edision Optimuss DVB-C/T/T2 are working great with this build and Tvheadend Server 4.2. While PVR addon support seems to be missing as well TV can't be watched locally but on another client.

Audio is not working for me. Audio output device in settings is greyed out an bluetooth is selected. I'm using the gxl_p212_2g.dtb device tree from .009.

Tested on a Mini M8S II 2GB/16GB with a clean install.

• Boom! We have tv again!
    Perfect - Many thanks.

yup, thanks a lot kszaq, this version the most stable of all LE for amlogic releases, the memory stays above 500mb after running around all channel, before this, everytime i switch to fashion 4k always freezes the system, now i've been running almost an hour the system keeps running :) superb!

could you build truecrypt addons, i don't see it on the list the link you gave me
    unofficial-addons/addons/system/truecrypt/source at master · OpenELEC/unofficial-addons · GitHub
    thanks again

• kszaq, maybe you have contact with codesnake. Few days ago he released LE8 dev build for Play2 with fixed dvb driver. TV or videos works nice now but hd audio passtrough does not work , sometimes there are ocassionally pops/clicks. Would be nice to add your latest fixes for hd audio passtrough, pops/clicks and for show temperature ;)

• afl1, with your build work wetek play2 internal tuner (dvb-s2) ?

No internal tuner support.
    [hr]

I can confirm that a Mygica T230 DVB-T/T2/C and a Edision Optimuss DVB-C/T/T2 are working great with this build and Tvheadend Server 4.2. While PVR addon support seems to be missing as well TV can't be watched locally but on another client.

Audio is not working for me. Audio output device in settings is greyed out an bluetooth is selected. I'm using the gxl_p212_2g.dtb device tree from .009.

Tested on a Mini M8S II 2GB/16GB with a clean install.

For Tvheadend is included new compatible version pvr.hts 3.4.10.
    Only digital audio, no analog.

Edited once, last by afl1 (December 3, 2016 at 6:26 PM).

• kszaq, maybe you have contact with codesnake. Few days ago he released LE8 dev build for Play2 with fixed dvb driver. TV or videos works nice now but hd audio passtrough does not work , sometimes there are ocassionally pops/clicks. Would be nice to add your latest fixes for hd audio passtrough, pops/clicks and for show temperature ;)

New DVB driver for WP2 and temperature measurement will be included in upcoming LE 7.90.009 official alpha release. Audio-related issues - both HD Audio and clicks/pops - are due to recent changes in LE kernel and it's a work in progress: sound/soc/aml/m8: work-in-progress by Kwiboo · Pull Request #23 · LibreELEC/linux-amlogic · GitHub

I would build a release with WP2 drivers but my buildserver is down. :(

• Fresh install of 2016-12-01, TVHeadend backend (service) addon installed fine, USB receiver working fine, but, TVHeadend frontend plugin (client) refuses to install. Dependencies not met
    Is there a trick to install it?

EDIT: Just seen previous post, about manual download location. MANY thanks guys, you are wonderful, thank you, thank you! :)

PS First impressions: VERY smooth operation! Cheers! :)

Edited once, last by infoalter (December 3, 2016 at 10:24 PM).

• Fresh install of 2016-12-01, TVHeadend backend (service) addon installed fine, USB receiver working fine, but, TVHeadend frontend plugin (client) refuses to install. Dependencies not met
    Is there a trick to install it?

PS First impressions: VERY smooth operation! Cheers! :)

Are you trying to install from the repo (which won't work) or from kszaq's link a few posts back?

• Audio is not working for me. Audio output device in settings is greyed out an bluetooth is selected. I'm using the gxl_p212_2g.dtb device tree from .009.

afl1: Same for me audio is not working (settings is greyed and set at bluetooth). I'm using gxbb_p200_2G_1Gbit_OTG_Port on M18 with a clean install. Do I need a newer device trees than 7.02.009?

Thanks.

I finally found linux config for building media_build support. Main issue is the build-in kernel module dvb-core.ko conflicts with media_build drivers. They need own dvb-core.ko.
    We also need /dev/video10 driver for Krypton. /dev/video10 need following modules:
    kernel/drivers/media/v4l2-core/videodev.ko
    kernel/drivers/media/v4l2-core/v4l2-common.ko
    kernel/drivers/media/v4l2-core/v4l2-dv-timings.ko
    kernel/drivers/media/v4l2-core/videobuf-core.ko
    kernel/drivers/media/v4l2-core/videobuf-res.ko
    In linux config is necessary to allow "Device driver -> Multimedia support". Default setting for multimedia support allows also building dvb-core.ko. And magic is in disabling all option instead of "AM/FM radio receivers/transmitters support". I tested this config and found two issues:
    1. gpu-aml conflicts with this config;
    2. latest kernel (d7e124d) has modules load problem, but previous (ffa3f8c) is correct.
    [hr]

afl1: Same for me audio is not working (settings is greyed and set at bluetooth). I'm using gxbb_p200_2G_1Gbit_OTG_Port on M18 with a clean install. Do I need a newer device trees than 7.02.009?

Thanks.

Sorry, my build is not fully compatible with kszaq's dtb's. You can try gxbb_p200_2G.dtb. My build is only evidence for possibility to build media_build support. You have to wait for kszaq's official build.

gxl_p212_1g.dtb
    gxl_p212_2g.dtb

Edited once, last by afl1 (December 4, 2016 at 9:28 AM).