[8.0.2e] LibreELEC 8.0 for S905/S905X

• Is Ethernet and WiFi also working on your MiniMX III II? MiniMX III II use Aigalie WiFi which just received WiFi drivers.

Yes, with the little "ugly Hack" from kszaq ( LibreELEC ) my WLAN works fine
    but WLAN Speed sucks, max speed of the box is 150 MBit and copying some files over LAN is by any means much faster

• Yes, with the little "ugly Hack" from kszaq ( LibreELEC ) my WLAN works fine
    but WLAN Speed sucks, max speed of the box is 150 MBit and copying some files over LAN is by any means much faster

Great, thanks. Hope the drivers source will be available soon and no more "ugly Hack" is needed.

• OP updated with a new build. Two Amlogic-specific issues: mem leak and a/v sync are still under investigation.

Nice, thanks.
    Will you be adding access to the Libreelec repo / PVR addons in a next build ..?

When i add a PVR addon (DVBLink) manually its complaining about missing shared resources.

Edited once, last by atreyu (November 8, 2016 at 4:34 PM).

• When i add a PVR addon (DVBLink) manually its complaining about missing shared resources.

I'm using the pvr.dvbviewer compiled by afl1 - from the first post of his thread. It's worked really well on his build and kzsaq's. No idea for dvblink, obviously, but if you've not tried the version from there it might be worth a go.

• Great, thanks. Hope the drivers source will be available soon and no more "ugly Hack" is needed.

The "hack" only involves adding a few lines to autostart.sh and you need to do this once.

Nice, thanks.
    Will you be adding access to the Libreelec repo / PVR addons in a next build ..?

Official LE addons repo is already included in both builds. I have just checked and I am getting 403 Forbidden error. Will look into this.

• I'm using the pvr.dvbviewer compiled by afl1 - from the first post of his thread. It's worked really well on his build and kzsaq's. No idea for dvblink, obviously, but if you've not tried the version from there it might be worth a go.

Thanks, but unfortunately no dice.
    [hr]

The "hack" only involves adding a few lines to autostart.sh and you need to do this once.

Official LE addons repo is already included in both builds. I have just checked and I am getting 403 Forbidden error. Will look into this.

Thanks for looking into this! Repo works fine on my weteks krypton build.
    As soon as I can use pvr on the minim8s I will definitely play with Krypton some more.

Edited once, last by atreyu (November 9, 2016 at 8:30 AM).

• Great, thanks. Hope the drivers source will be available soon and no more "ugly Hack" is needed.

Until someone ports the QCA9377 driver to compile in kernel tree, there will be the need to create the autostart.sh entries. The issue is that symbols in kernel-provided cfg80211 are different than in qca9377-provided cfg80211 and you need to load different cfg80211 depending on which wireless chip you have. I don't know a way to do this automatically and since most drivers use kernel-provided cfg80211, Aigalie chip uses will need to create that entry. You may ask why this works in Android? Because Android is built to support only one chip. My builds need to support multiple WiFi chips.

• Hi, me too don't work addons from LE. Nothing happen when i push install button. Have i reinstall build?? I want install PVR add-on and watch online streams. But , i do not know , if it is possible and working correctly?
    And, of course ,thank you very much for your time and hard work! :)
    Greetings from the Czech republic!

• Is it possible to include to image lib32 libraries to be able to run arm 32bit executable?

UPD: Confirmed problem with libreelec repository problem. HTTP 403

Edited once, last by EasySly (November 9, 2016 at 5:45 PM).

• I just noticed my update to build 1109 was not succesful. Repeted update process from build 1029. Message: missing boot or system. -- anyone help

Sent from my LG-D850 using Tapatalk

• OP updated with a new build: fixed addons and bumped Kodi to latest master.

MiniMx 1gb / 8gb s905 (non branded beelink) NAND INSTALL.
    Tried Updating from LibreELEC-S905.aarch64-8.0-devel-20161029000130-r24352-g5a0b492.img.gz

I tried to update using the files below.

LibreELEC-S905.aarch64-8.0-devel-20161109230131..> 09-Nov-2016 22:03 131861525

Index of /s905/7.0.2.009/device_trees/
    gxbb_p200_1G_1Gbit.dtb (Renamed dtb.img)

Rebooted and the normal update sequence on screen notification and box rebooted.

I looked at the version in LE and it was still 20161029000130 version (see screenshot). I did it CAREFULLY again with same result.
    I did notice during the unpacking notification on screen updating that it showed
    LibreELEC-S905.aarch64-8.0-devel-20161029000130-r24352-g5a0b492

Is there a chance there is a mixup in files or something wrong my end.

Edited once, last by kostaman (November 10, 2016 at 3:38 AM).

• See screenshot.

It looks like the update wasn't successful at all. Can you try once again, this time without putting a device tree in Update folder?
    [hr]

How difficult is add support for 912?
    And please add information ram and rom amount, maybe in image name.

I do not have plans to support S912.

Edited once, last by kszaq (November 10, 2016 at 9:57 AM).