Optimized Logitech Harmony remote with Libreelec

• Just curious who else may be working on this. I have been struggling with getting just the right settings to work with a harmony 650. I think having to load Microsoft Media Player and Media Player SE keyboard settings and then futz with all the settings to try to get it to control kodi the way you want it is a bit antiquated. I have been working on a Raspberry-Kodi device type and hope that logitech will pick it up and put it in their library. Then that would be all you need to install. I know, a pipe dream.

Anyone else doing anything similar? I have been moderately successful.

Thanks!

• I'm pretty sure that you are not the only one ;)

I use Harmony Elite and Harmony Ultimate remotes with Libreelec but i use them with bluetooth instead of ir.

works flawless and are very fast in response.

Both devices are setup as MCE keyboard.

• The raspberry Pi is in the harmony database, but you need an IR adapter.

Samsung RU7400 Onkyo HTX22HDX Nvidia Shield HD Homerun Duo (Living Room)

Samsung UE40ES5500 H96 Pro, X96+, Fire TV 4K Stick (Bedroom)

Synology DS414 Plex Pass

:)

• I have a Harmony ultimate hub and use Microsoft Kodi. It has *most* of the controls but you still need to correct a number of buttons.

• I have a Harmony ultimate hub and use Microsoft Kodi. It has *most* of the controls but you still need to correct a number of buttons.

I have checked the harmony database, the 650 is not supported for kodi the hub is.

Device Compatibility

Samsung RU7400 Onkyo HTX22HDX Nvidia Shield HD Homerun Duo (Living Room)

Samsung UE40ES5500 H96 Pro, X96+, Fire TV 4K Stick (Bedroom)

Synology DS414 Plex Pass

:)

• Ahh 650 is not BT then.

Once they are setup correctly, they are a joy to use.... but setting them up is a real pain. It would be nice if they had an Raspberry Pi/Kodi default setup, so you only need to set RGY & B to your preferences.

• Sanity Harmony in LibreELEC (Linux) works as a keyboard via HUB and BT only, but it does not work as a keyboard via IR.

• Ahh 650 is not BT then.

Once they are setup correctly, they are a joy to use.... but setting them up is a real pain. It would be nice if they had an Raspberry Pi/Kodi default setup, so you only need to set RGY & B to your preferences.

Yep and $60-$70 is a lot easier to eat than the cost of the BT versions. I am working on the Raspberry Pi/Kodi setup, hence this thread.