update emby server to latest in libreelec repo?

• Hi awiouy, I am having the same issue on Coreelec 9.2.2, emby4 does not start after reboot, or fresh power up I have posted a question on the Coreelec forum. any advice would be welcome. thanks

• Hi, Device is a X96 Max S905X2 4g/64g, running CoreELEC (official): 9.2.2 (Amlogic-ng.arm). emby4 is the latest version from the CoreElec repository 9.2.107, and the Dotnet is (I guess you mean .net Core runtime?) version is 9.2.109. I have uploaded the Dmesg | paste logfirst after boot (emby4 has not started) http://ix.io/2m9g . Below is the SSH screen output after I tried to start manually start emby4 with .kodi/addons/service.emby4/bin/emby4.start it failed! I then went back into the emby4 addon up and updated again and then it runs. journal log below the manual start up log

• Sorry had to break the message into two parts below is the output from the journal command. also had to wait to upload a second post

I have also run the journalctl -u service.emby4 as request output below

Hope the above is of some help, and thanks again for your time.

Edited once, last by Mobigeek (May 16, 2020 at 3:36 PM).

• Official Post

Hi, Device is a X96 Max S905X2 4g/64g, running CoreELEC (official): 9.2.2 (Amlogic-ng.arm). emby4 is the latest version from the CoreElec repository 9.2.107, and the Dotnet is (I guess you mean .net Core runtime?) version is 9.2.109. I have uploaded the Dmesg | paste logfirst after boot (emby4 has not started) http://ix.io/2m9g . Below is the SSH screen output after I tried to start manually start emby4 with .kodi/addons/service.emby4/bin/emby4.start it failed! I then went back into the emby4 addon up and updated again and then it runs. journal log below the manual start up log

Hello,

That log shows that Emby starts correctly but then crashes when starting LiveTV.

Try to disable LiveTV if you know how to do that.

Otherwise refer the problem to Emby support.

• Official Post

@awiouy as I'm running emby headless on my spare amd machine how can I turn off call for kodi to be started after every restart of emby?

They updating pluggins very offten and pushing to restart emby server every couple days. Then I have to stop kodi again ;)

Do you really need to restart LibreELEC?

Try stopping Emby from the Emby web UI, and it should restart and take the updates into account.

• I had the same issue today (not used in a while). Had to ssh and type 'emby4.start' to get it to run.

Before that I uninstalling and re-installed, but issue continues. Annoyingly I now need to setup emby again!

Does anyone know how to fix this? Thanks.

EDIT: After about 10 mins emby shut down, so am having to play moves outside of emby for now.

Edited once, last by a11an: Update (July 5, 2020 at 12:16 PM).

• I just tried this script and seemed to manage to update emby to 4.5.1.0 by choosing stable.

It's working and is running upon restart.

However I would like to update to the latest beta version. Is there an update to this script available?

Thanks!!

EDIT!!:

I just editted the script and changed 3.6.0.1 to 4.6.0.1 and reran the script. I'm not even sure I needed to edit it, once I ran "emby-update 4.6.0.1" it just worked. It's now running the latest beta and it runs even after a restart. This is too cool as I really do not like docker.

Edited 2 times, last by Wheemer (October 4, 2020 at 10:45 PM).

• There is a way to update with CvH script but my adjustment to work with emby4 ;)

shh into LE and type

Code
    wget -O /storage/.kodi/addons/service.emby4/bin/emby-update https://od.lk/s/OF8xNjAwNjI1MDdf/emby-update

Reboot and then emby-update from ssh again :)

ok can you explain me how i can update afer the wget, cause dpkg doesnt work with libreelec in ssh, thanks.

Edited once, last by davidscrat: i got it!! cd /storage/.kodi/addons/service.emby4/bin emby-update {version number} (January 23, 2021 at 5:56 PM).