[unoffical] LE-9.2/9.80-Images for RK3229/RK3228

• ccs1664

well sometimes reading whole bunch of a forum is annoying and timewasting , but also is a great resource to find the answers
    For example if you go to on this same forum
    [unoffical] LE-9.2/9.80-Images for RK3229/RK3228
    there is a statement exactly on mxq pro 4k that works with v88 Mars II and MK 809 IV

Now the REAL problem with this kind of board is that commercial name mean NOTHING, and when i say nothin I mean NOTHING

I have seen boards claiming to be 3229 and instead efuse revealed being 3228a , claiming have 64 giga rom and were just 16 or saying 4 gb ram and have only one

So commercial name is equivalent to say mickey mouse or goofy, thank to producers that use the first avaible chipset they have and mark with the best name they invent

In "general" any rom for lower chip ( 3228 ) and ddr 2 should boot quite every where, even on the bigger brother 3229 with ddr3 and then you can try to tune the whole thing

• Jock2

Sorry, can not identify such "answers". There is a discussion around RK3229 but nothing precisely about the last firmware, where is it, if works or no.
    Please, let me know again about my worries.
    Give again such answers.... I have ever the same problems reported here ... I can not boot under RK3229 ... with such RAM and ROM described.
    Do you have some success on it?

cc

I don't really what you intend for "TRUST image", this is a thread about Libreelec on rk322x, all the images and instructions are in the first page, just grab the image for your particular board, burn it on an sdcard (maybe using a proper image writer like balenaEtcher, which does verification too), plug the sdcard and turn the thing on.

As ilmich also said, try different images before giving up. But still, everything is already explained in the first page of the thread.

If you're looking for android images for your box, you're in the wrong place.

If you're looking for linux on your box, search for armbian (the exercise to find the forum and the right thread is left to you)

• It works Thank You...

But is one big problem unfortunally - Libreelec Add-ons repository not works - I have message "could not connect to repository". It's worked in previous knaerzche's version....

So I can't install PVR Mediaportal add-on :(. Any help please?......

I was having the same issue.

The problem seems that the Libreelec Add-ons repository is pointing to a non existent place.

You gotta change the addon.xml from the repository, from "RK322x" to "RK3328".

• Glad to know it was useful :D.

However I'll forgot to mention that I've only builted(and shared) knaerzche repo with latest commits. Nothing more, nothing less :)

Hi again,

I have run in to a problem with this build,

I am not able to install the inputstream.adaptive dependency on this build :(

To test I have build another SD card again with my previous build with Kodi 18.5 and there it will still install the inputstream.adaptive add-on.

Is there a way I can install this with a zip file ? or manualy add a repository ? or is there something missing in the build you have to fix and make a new build ??

any help would be appreciated.

Thank you,

Hans

• pigwoz  Hansie

this is an unofficial port of libreelec (for now).

This would mean that there is no official libreelec addons repository for rk3228/rk3229.

I think that knaerzche builds works with some hack(maybe pointing another libreelec addons repository) that is not present in the source code.

I'll try to fix my builds.

• Could you please explain me how to overclock the cpu?

• pigwoz  Hansie

this is an unofficial port of libreelec (for now).

This would mean that there is no official libreelec addons repository for rk3228/rk3229.

I think that knaerzche builds works with some hack(maybe pointing another libreelec addons repository) that is not present in the source code.

I'll try to fix my builds.

Ah,

that is weird, because all other addons just work, (I can for instance just get (without adding repository's) the TV app for my country "VTM GO" , but when I try to install it , it only fails installing the inputsteam.adaptive addon :(

Is there any way I can get this addon in a zip file to install from a zip ? (same way I install the jellyfin addon repository from zip)

or manualy add the repository needed for the inputstream addon ?

Thank you,

Hans

• I've updated my builds, now for libreelec addons it points to the official one for rk3328 (thanks to d-rex ).

For my needs works fine (I've tried some emulators)

Thanks alot :)

still two issues (that I find) on my MXR4K box

I previously used your A8 build and everything worked, but with this new build, my wifi does not work anymore ?

I than tried your new build for the HK1 mini and than I have wifi :) (but im 100% sure I had wifi with your previous build for the A8)

the addons and dependencies now all install (on both A8 and HK1 build)

however when I try to show a lifestream with the Telenet Yello app, it just flashes half a second and stay's on the channel select page.

When I try to show a lifestream with the VTM GO app, same thing happens and it say's "error, see log for more info"

I am not that exprienced with logs, and I dont find a seperate log for VTM Go, but I do find this in the general libreelec LOG

Display Spoiler
    Code
    2020-10-02 11:09:35.493 T:2573304704   ERROR: EXCEPTION Thrown (PythonToCppException) : -->Python callback/script returned the following error<--                                             - NOTE: IGNORING THIS CAN LEAD TO MEMORY LEAKS!                                            Error Type: <class 'requests.exceptions.HTTPError'>                                            Error Contents: 400 Client Error: Bad Request for url: https://login2.vtm.be/login/emailfirst/password?client_id=vtm-go-web                                            Traceback (most recent call last):                                              File "/storage/.kodi/addons/plugin.video.vtm.go/plugin.py", line 18, in <module>                                                plugin.run(sys.argv)                                              File "/storage/.kodi/addons/plugin.video.vtm.go/resources/lib/plugin.py", line 218, in run                                                routing.run(params)                                              File "/storage/.kodi/addons/script.module.routing/lib/routing.py", line 130, in run                                                self._dispatch(self.path)                                              File "/storage/.kodi/addons/script.module.routing/lib/routing.py", line 141, in _dispatch                                                view_func(**kwargs)                                              File "/storage/.kodi/addons/plugin.video.vtm.go/resources/lib/plugin.py", line 51, in show_channels                                                Channels(kodi).show_channels()                                              File "/storage/.kodi/addons/plugin.video.vtm.go/resources/lib/modules/channels.py", line 24, in __init__                                                self._vtm_go = VtmGo(self._kodi)                                              File "/storage/.kodi/addons/plugin.video.vtm.go/resources/lib/vtmgo/vtmgo.py", line 278, in __init__                                                self._authenticate()                                              File "/storage/.kodi/addons/plugin.video.vtm.go/resources/lib/vtmgo/vtmgo.py", line 288, in _authenticate                                                token = self._auth.get_token()                                              File "/storage/.kodi/addons/plugin.video.vtm.go/resources/lib/vtmgo/vtmgoauth.py", line 89, in get_token                                                self._token = self._login()                                              File "/storage/.kodi/addons/plugin.video.vtm.go/resources/lib/vtmgo/vtmgoauth.py", line 130, in _login                                                response.raise_for_status()                                              File "/storage/.kodi/addons/script.module.requests/lib/requests/models.py", line 940, in raise_for_status                                                raise HTTPError(http_error_msg, response=self)                                            HTTPError: 400 Client Error: Bad Request for url: https://login2.vtm.be/login/emailfirst/password?client_id=vtm-go-web                                            -->End of Python script error report<--
    2020-10-02 11:09:35.587 T:2628776832   ERROR: GetDirectory - Error getting plugin://plugin.video.vtm.go/channels
    2020-10-02 11:09:35.619 T:3010580496   ERROR: CGUIMediaWindow::GetDirectory(plugin://plugin.video.vtm.go/channels) failed
    2020-10-02 11:09:54.148 T:3010580496   ERROR: Control 1000 in window 13000 has been asked to focus, but it can't

I am 100% sure login credentials are correct (otherwise it would fail earlyer) and it all still works on the previous builds with Kodi 15.5

Any Idee what still might be causing this ??

Hans

• I don't really what you intend for "TRUST image", this is a thread about Libreelec on rk322x, all the images and instructions are in the first page, just grab the image for your particular board, burn it on an sdcard (maybe using a proper image writer like balenaEtcher, which does verification too), plug the sdcard and turn the thing on.

As ilmich also said, try different images before giving up. But still, everything is already explained in the first page of the thread.

If you're looking for android images for your box, you're in the wrong place.

If you're looking for linux on your box, search for armbian (the exercise to find the forum and the right thread is left to you)

jock2

you described perfectly ....., "just grab the image for your particular board, burn it on an sdcard (maybe using a proper image writer like balenaEtcher, which does verification too), plug the sdcard and turn the thing on." but it not works with any image that I had tested based in rk322x ....

It is my reason of my sadness and complain. I tried 3 or 4 different images in any of them boot from SD card. I flashed them using dd, balenaEtcher and LibreElec flasher ... my SD card has 4 Giga and built an image correctly.

But unfornately, anyone them boot in my TVBOX ... 4 Ram and 64 ROM 4-core ... I can not simply throw way by the window ... I am trying to give a new live for this TVBOX.

Really, an image from armbian booted ... but I LibreElec brings KODI natively ... it was my reason.

Which an image repository updated?:):):)

Thanks in advance...
    :thumbup::thumbup::thumbup:
    Claudio

• Hansie

looking into the log I've founded

Code
    Error Contents: 400 Client Error: Bad Request for url: https://login2.vtm.be/login/emailfirst/password?client_id=vtm-go-web

that is an http client error indicating that the addon maybe use an old api (maybe fixed with this Fix authentication due to cookie changes by michaelarnauts · Pull Request #212 · add-ons/plugin.video.vtm.go · GitHub )

Sorry, but I can't help you because is not a libreelec issue :(

I'm using netflix / amazon prime / dazn without any issue

• Hansie

looking into the log I've founded

Code
    Error Contents: 400 Client Error: Bad Request for url: https://login2.vtm.be/login/emailfirst/password?client_id=vtm-go-web

that is an http client error indicating that the addon maybe use an old api (maybe fixed with this Fix authentication due to cookie changes by michaelarnauts · Pull Request #212 · add-ons/plugin.video.vtm.go · GitHub )

Sorry, but I can't help you because is not a libreelec issue :(

I'm using netflix / amazon prime / dazn without any issue

Very weird, because the same addon (with same account data) works fine on the build with Kodi 18.5

I gues I will leave this box on the libreelec with Kodi 18.5 for now until there is a more official build with Kodi 18.8

I should realy learn to build these myself and start contributing more :)

anyone know if there is a complete noobs step-by-step guide somewhere about making your own builds ?

Also anyone know a good working guide to use ADB to pull your original device tree of your box ? I cant get ADB to recognise my android box on any USB ports (or do you also have to do something special to the box to be in download/recovery/adb mode)

Thanks alot for your builds and help.

• Hello,

I am in no way a expert , but if you are trying to boot from SD card for the first time, are U using your specific box's way to boot to recovery ?

for my boxes I have to press a toothpick in the AV port (there is a little button in the end) while I boot the box with the SD card in.

Than it will adjust your boot partition to always first check for SDcard or USB stick to boot from.

You should find out first how to boot to recovery with your specific box.

• ccs1664
    when you say

"Really, an image from armbian booted "
    is exactly what I was trying to explain with my previous post , but I am sorry you didn't even read it.

Commercial names are nothing so no help indeed to say why your board doesn't start without additional infos given

If you can boot to armbian and have a shell, would you provide the output of:

lsblk
    free

hexdump -C /sys/bus/nvmem/devices/rockchip-efuse0/nvmem

cat /sys/class/devfreq/dmc/trans_stat ( probabily here no output )

Thanks

• Hello,

I am in no way a expert , but if you are trying to boot from SD card for the first time, are U using your specific box's way to boot to recovery ?

for my boxes I have to press a toothpick in the AV port (there is a little button in the end) while I boot the box with the SD card in.

Than it will adjust your boot partition to always first check for SDcard or USB stick to boot from.

Hello,

Hansie

Thanks meanwhile, I had not do it before. Insert the SDcard and go to option to be select is "Apply update from SD card"? Unfortunately, the keyboard and mouse neither works under this recovery mode. I will be trying with bluetooth or remote control.
    Anyway, one more step...

ccs