Posts by fabiobassa

goolpone

prego, you are welcome. It is a stick dongle and I remember uart pins should be exposed there.
    Any way UNFORTUNATELY for all of us enthusiastic people of these boards is veryyyy difficult debug without a uart because the steps involved in booting are a big chain and error is around the corner ( idbloader, trust_os, uboot )
    So it worths have a usb/ttl on the desk :-)

goolpone

are you try to boot from SD card or from internal storage ?
    I give for sure your android is booting fine.

Well a tricky way to have an INITIAL serial out put is connect a usb/ttl to pin 4 on sd reader counting from where the switch of sd is ( if big sd reader you must count from right to left , pin n°4 ).
    OF COURSE if you have sd inserted after a while it comes garbage from that pin , but if you boot android you will see every thing till the end.
    This my affermation could and could NOT work on your board and don't ask me why there is a serial output there, but it is, and it is very usefull.

Would you upload photos of your board somewhere, please?

Ty

gianni253

ciao gianni, buongiorno, good morning.

Trying to answer to your questions is not easy .Those rk322x boards comes in such great variety ( 3228 3238a 3229 nand emmc ddr2 ddr3 ) and each of those has a specific boot process. The "worst" ( let me use this term ) are 3228 ddr3 nand because they use a very specific idbloader ( very very first stage ) , a common u-boot and a very specific trust-os to get the dmc ( ddr scaling ) function on

knaerzche did a great great job to cover most possibilities in booting on different platforms but still evil could happen

1) yes the process tries to boot from sd first, then from usb ONLY if you use a modified uboot ( the one present in multitool ) .

And then the process take in charge kernel and his drivers that finally recognize internal nand ( with emmc is easier)
    But if you erased everything well the boot process will follow other path because your nand now is an empty container

2) grab your original android stock firmware and burn it with AndroidTool_Release_v2.67.zip ( google for it) . it is for window and it will put the right things in the right places ( idbloader, u-boot, trust etc etc ) and you will have android back on your box
    If you did a ADB backup You still need a piece called parameters.txt to " teach" the tool to put the various pieces in the right places.
    better flash WHOLE stock firmware.
    But why go back on android if you want to approach LIBREELEC ???

about point 3 I suppose jock can answer better since the early stage of the boot process is similar on armbian and libreelec

ccs1664
    when you say

"Really, an image from armbian booted "
    is exactly what I was trying to explain with my previous post , but I am sorry you didn't even read it.

Commercial names are nothing so no help indeed to say why your board doesn't start without additional infos given

If you can boot to armbian and have a shell, would you provide the output of:

lsblk
    free

hexdump -C /sys/bus/nvmem/devices/rockchip-efuse0/nvmem

cat /sys/class/devfreq/dmc/trans_stat ( probabily here no output )

Thanks

ccs1664

well sometimes reading whole bunch of a forum is annoying and timewasting , but also is a great resource to find the answers
    For example if you go to on this same forum
    [unoffical] LE-9.2/9.80-Images for RK3229/RK3228
    there is a statement exactly on mxq pro 4k that works with v88 Mars II and MK 809 IV

Now the REAL problem with this kind of board is that commercial name mean NOTHING, and when i say nothin I mean NOTHING

I have seen boards claiming to be 3229 and instead efuse revealed being 3228a , claiming have 64 giga rom and were just 16 or saying 4 gb ram and have only one

So commercial name is equivalent to say mickey mouse or goofy, thank to producers that use the first avaible chipset they have and mark with the best name they invent

In "general" any rom for lower chip ( 3228 ) and ddr 2 should boot quite every where, even on the bigger brother 3229 with ddr3 and then you can try to tune the whole thing

creited

You are able to use Linux this is great because you can try armbian starting from SD!

Take your libreelec SD and substitute all the content of fat part and rootfs ext4 part with content from armbian.

In other words, don't touch miniloader-trustos-boot of libreelec mars II and use kernel init and rootfs from Jock compilation

Give it a try

regarding remotes I found two great categories :

I call them the black one and the white/green one

If you look at upper right button , the one that in " black" ( like on the photos you posted) should mute the volume , well some boards have the same button green or white

of course they are different

shippy
    well you right , in small window the video are playing with mpv smoothly but even in small window you can't even touch the cpu heatsink and htop show cores very busy and the rest of functionality of the board very slowed

at the actual state I think is a little bit such as compare pears and apples because here on LE we have a finished work focused on media , on armbian media related stuff is work in process (still hacking all the video part) but indeed you can use armbian with great satisfaction as media server , voip server ( asterisk) samba shares, print server, mail and others and having a well reacting X11 environment too!

But even the thing could be in some way related to libreelec I still think this isn't the appropriate place and time to discuss of this, since the work on armbian is unfinished and not yet the right moment to have comparisons.

btw if you want have a try, thanks to great job made by jock2 here it goes some interesting links

Armbian 19.11.5 Ubuntu Bionic Desktop 18.04 - kernel 4.4.189

Armbian 19.11.5 Debian Buster Server Minimal - kernel 4.4.189

but be ready with ,e.g, not even boot caused by incorrect/unadapted ram speed , wrong loader blob etc etc etc:
    I am sure you have your uart always connected to easily debug problems.

For me, I will not answer more on armbian related stuff on this libreelec forum at the moment, thank you

good afternoon all

after long journey it seems many efforts are done in merging different studies into one common road of a better usable box

I wrote this ( pardon for cross posting other forum but i see also @knaerzche is trying to do some studies on armbian)

long story LINUX on rk3229 rockchip - TV boxes - Armbian forum

and also tried librelec that is running smoothly even on old devices
    hope all of us will produce a good result