Posts by ccs1664

Hello,

I am in no way a expert , but if you are trying to boot from SD card for the first time, are U using your specific box's way to boot to recovery ?

for my boxes I have to press a toothpick in the AV port (there is a little button in the end) while I boot the box with the SD card in.

Than it will adjust your boot partition to always first check for SDcard or USB stick to boot from.

You should find out first how to boot to recovery with your specific box.

Hello,

I am in no way a expert , but if you are trying to boot from SD card for the first time, are U using your specific box's way to boot to recovery ?

for my boxes I have to press a toothpick in the AV port (there is a little button in the end) while I boot the box with the SD card in.

Than it will adjust your boot partition to always first check for SDcard or USB stick to boot from.

You should find out first how to boot to recovery with your specific box.

Hansie

Thanks meanwhile, I had not do it before. Insert the SDcard and go to option to be select is "Apply update from SD card"? Unfortunately, the keyboard and mouse neither works under this recovery mode. I will be trying with bluetooth or remote control.
    Anyway, one more step...

ccs

I don't really what you intend for "TRUST image", this is a thread about Libreelec on rk322x, all the images and instructions are in the first page, just grab the image for your particular board, burn it on an sdcard (maybe using a proper image writer like balenaEtcher, which does verification too), plug the sdcard and turn the thing on.

As ilmich also said, try different images before giving up. But still, everything is already explained in the first page of the thread.

If you're looking for android images for your box, you're in the wrong place.

If you're looking for linux on your box, search for armbian (the exercise to find the forum and the right thread is left to you)

jock2

you described perfectly ....., "just grab the image for your particular board, burn it on an sdcard (maybe using a proper image writer like balenaEtcher, which does verification too), plug the sdcard and turn the thing on." but it not works with any image that I had tested based in rk322x ....

It is my reason of my sadness and complain. I tried 3 or 4 different images in any of them boot from SD card. I flashed them using dd, balenaEtcher and LibreElec flasher ... my SD card has 4 Giga and built an image correctly.

But unfornately, anyone them boot in my TVBOX ... 4 Ram and 64 ROM 4-core ... I can not simply throw way by the window ... I am trying to give a new live for this TVBOX.

Really, an image from armbian booted ... but I LibreElec brings KODI natively ... it was my reason.

Which an image repository updated?:):):)

Thanks in advance...
    :thumbup::thumbup::thumbup:
    Claudio

Jock2

Sorry, can not identify such "answers". There is a discussion around RK3229 but nothing precisely about the last firmware, where is it, if works or no.
    Please, let me know again about my worries.
    Give again such answers.... I have ever the same problems reported here ... I can not boot under RK3229 ... with such RAM and ROM described.
    Do you have some success on it?

cc

Hi Everyone

I am new in LibreELEC but it seems a great Linux distro trying to rescue for new live for odies TV BOX or TVBOX wih quality doubted.

The most famous and sold in Brazil is the MXQ PRO RK3229 (ARM V7 - 4 core), 4 G RAM and 64 ROM

Unfortunately, I have one, ;(;( MXQ PRO RK3229 (ARM V7 - 4 core), made in China, tis box is very SLOW becoming
    an impossible action like to run a KODI ...

in addition many times it crashed (stricked) without reason.

So, I want to install another OS and/or firmware to become it useful for me, at least as a Linux console.

I read many threads but anyone or none of them brings my requests such:

Someone, could give a TRUST image to flash in a SD card and run it
    What is the image that you used? Where is it? the board is a rk30board. RockSHIP(T)
    How did you flash it?

Normally I use

# dd if=IMAGE_FILE.img of=/dev/mmcblk0 bs=4096 status=progress conv=fdatasync

for a SD-CARD.

is any difference for LibreELEC.USB-SD.Creator.Linux-64bit.bin ?

Someone could you give all the steps in detail?:):):):)

Thanks indeed for all

Claudio

Hi Matynet

Please, I have one MXQ PRO RK3229 (ARM V7 - 4 core), made in China, but this box is very SLOW so it is impossible to run a KODI ...
    in addition many times it crashed (stricked) without reason.

So, I want to install another OS and/or firmware to become it useful for me, at least as a Linux console.

Interesting that this TV BOX :

is a best seller in Brazil, a product of low quality. :evil::evil::evil:

So, give me the steps how did you get install a linux in SD card and run it.
    What is the image that you used?
    How did you flash it?
    Normally I use

# dd if=IMAGE_FILE.img of=/dev/mmcblk0 bs=4096 status=progress conv=fdatasync
    for a SD-CARD.

Could you give all the steps in detail?:):):):)

Thanks

Claudio