Posts by Hansie

Thanks alot for the very fast answer,

I gues I have to use that file to build/compile the img to burn to my SD card ?

I am a major noob about that, I have been reading a bit about it, but most guides/wiki's explain the complete building of my own image's,

Is there some tool I can use to simply turn your files in to a img file for installing to SD without changing anything to the image ?

If you can point me to a very good guide to simply build the img I will try to figure it out :)

thanks alot,

Hans

Hello,

I have a old box (A95X) (got scammed when I got it a few years ago, it only has a S905(H) chip and NOT a promised S905X chip)

I have had this box working with both Libreelec (Legacy V9.2) and Also Correelec legacy works, using the DTB : gxbb_p200_1G_1Gbit_RealtekWiFi.dts

All hardware worked fine, also wifi.

However watching live TV stoped working with this box with the Widvine changes :( a while back on the old legacy builds so I stopped using it.

I now saw that with Libreelec 11 there again is official support for the S905 chips. (with some caussions but im fine with those)

I flashed the generic box image : LibreELEC-AMLGX.arm-11.0.0-box.img.gz on a SD card,

I tried adding the meson-gxbb-p200.dtb and the meson-gxbb-nextbox-a95x to the uEnv.ini file.

Like this ;

Code
    dtb_name=/dtb/meson-gxbb-p200.dtb
    bootargs=boot=UUID=2702-0914 disk=UUID=5612844c-8868-4c79-9e43-7d438fe5dbe5 quiet systemd.debug_shell=ttyAML0 console=ttyAML0,115200n8 console=tty0

At first glance all looks like its working except I dont have wifi.

Is there any dtb file I can use that is 100% like the old gxbb_p200_1G_1Gbit_RealtekWiFi.dts

I currently have no need for the wifi so its fine, but I might need it later and dont want to set everything up now if there is a way to get the wifi working before I start :)

Any help is appreciated,

thanks alot for adding the old chips back to the new release,

Hi,

How can install pvr.iptvsimple? can you share?

Those files are also in the /addon folder where you download Iilmich's image for your box,

I copy those files over to my box with SSH and than manualy install the addon from the file (I gues you can also just copy them to a USB stick and install on that way)

you have to manualy install them because they are changed versions for this specific image.

Thank you so much :) :)

again working like a charm on my box,

Thank you,

Hans

Hello,

Are there anywhere images Kodi 18 or 19 that have the latest wildvine fixes for my MXR 4K - with RK3229-2 chip ??

I have been successfully using a build made by user Iilich that was based on the Alphaboard A8 build from Knaerche.

(untill now wildvine got screwed up)

Anyone have any builds I can test ??

thanks in advance,

Hans

hello,

I again have a remote problem / question :(

I am currently using a image created by user Ilmich on my ex-android MXR4K box with a rockchip RK3229

it is the image for the A8 bases off Knaerzche's mainline 9.20 image , but with the new commits and KODI V18.9 it is stored here : Ilmich's Google Drive

It is working great on my box, remote buttons also work without me doing anything,

HOWEVER , for some reason (and all my boxes have this) when I dare touch the VOL+ button on my remote's the box just shuts down. (it does this even without a function mapped to it, its some kind of hardware problem)

So I want to do what I always do (and dit with the 9.2 builds) and I want to remap a button,

However none of the methode's I know work for some reason on the 9.80 build :(

when I do the usual ir-keytable, I get the error "no such file or directory"

Like there is no IR receiver in the box ??

so that method is no option

putting a remote.conf file on the root of the SD also does nothing,

using a kodi addon like "keymap editor" also does not work, it does nothing.

the very weird stuff is that the remote WORKS :( I just want to remap one button so I have a VOL+ function,

Can anyone here tell me how to do this with the 9.80 builds ???

(I dont mind a dirty way of just editing some keymap table somwhere with nano via SSH, but I just cant seem to find where that file is)

EDIT : I have put Knaerche's 9.2 (with Kodi 18.6) back on the box to test, and than my remote does not work, but I can simply copy over my remote.txt file and edit the rc_maps.cfg to use it and than everything works fine and I can edit the remote.txt file like I want to switch buttons.

So I dont know what the problem is that in Ilmich's build with Kodi 18.9 the remote actualy works out of the box, but NONE of the way's to edit the remote keymaps work :( :( :(

Knaerche, any chanse you can bring an updated build with 18.9 out ? (your build for the A95X works fine for my box)

I would love to start building myself but im to clueless about where to start, if anyone would have a step by step guide for me for these android boxes builds , that would be great :)

Any help is appreciated,

thank you,

Hans

I'm needing help. I'm new in this kind of tech world. May I know what (most compatible)ROM I can use for this?

Hello Hiru,

If that sticker is correct and it has a rockchip R3229 chip than I would go to Ilmich his link.

Ilmich's images

and try the HK1 mini image he has there,

Afcourse your box might have more or less RAM and different wifi, we can not see this from that sticker, so it will be a bit trial and error to find the right one.

Hi ilmich!

I'd love if you could make the build for mxq4k, I tried to build it myself but I am not able to get it, if I get some time, I'll post the problems I've run into.

Very appreciate it!

Best regards!

Julio

Hello,

If your MXQ4K box is the same as mine than it will have a S905 chip, these particular builds from Ilmich are for the Rockchip devices (like my MXR4K

I dont know if Ilmich has builds for SMlogic devices, but there are more than enough on this forum (also if you have a look at the guys over at coreelec they ONLY build for SMlogic devices, and are good at it)

Hi all,

I've updated my images with latest knaerzche commits on his libreelect-9.2 branch (kodi 18.9)

Cheers

Michele

As promised I tested it and everything seems to work except one addon that does not work

Its an addon to watch live TV from our cable provider.

when I start it, I get a kodi message "errors occurred, please check log"

Log part from this Yelo TV addon

Display Spoiler
    Code
    2020-11-19 16:45:03.126 T:2654991232   ERROR: EXCEPTION Thrown (PythonToCppException) : -->Python callback/script returned the following error<--                                             - NOTE: IGNORING THIS CAN LEAD TO MEMORY LEAKS!                                            Error Type: <class 'requests.exceptions.ConnectionError'>                                            Error Contents: ('Connection aborted.', error(104, 'Connection reset by peer'))                                            Traceback (most recent call last):                                              File "/storage/.kodi/addons/plugin.video.yelo/main.py", line 4, in <module>                                                plugin.run(sys.argv)                                              File "/storage/.kodi/addons/plugin.video.yelo/resources/lib/plugin.py", line 36, in run                                                routing.run(params)                                              File "/storage/.kodi/addons/script.module.routing/lib/routing.py", line 130, in run                                                self._dispatch(self.path)                                              File "/storage/.kodi/addons/script.module.routing/lib/routing.py", line 141, in _dispatch                                                view_func(**kwargs)                                              File "/storage/.kodi/addons/plugin.video.yelo/resources/lib/plugin.py", line 17, in main_menu                                                if yelo_player.login():                                              File "/storage/.kodi/addons/plugin.video.yelo/resources/lib/yelo/yelo.py", line 98, in login                                                self._authorize()                                              File "/storage/.kodi/addons/plugin.video.yelo/resources/lib/yelo/yelo.py", line 79, in _authorize                                                self.testing)                                              File "/storage/.kodi/addons/plugin.video.yelo/resources/lib/helpers/helpermethods.py", line 32, in make_request                                                verify=verify)                                              File "/storage/.kodi/addons/script.module.requests/lib/requests/sessions.py", line 546, in get                                                return self.request('GET', url, **kwargs)                                              File "/storage/.kodi/addons/script.module.requests/lib/requests/sessions.py", line 533, in request                                                resp = self.send(prep, **send_kwargs)                                              File "/storage/.kodi/addons/script.module.requests/lib/requests/sessions.py", line 646, in send                                                r = adapter.send(request, **kwargs)                                              File "/storage/.kodi/addons/script.module.requests/lib/requests/adapters.py", line 498, in send                                                raise ConnectionError(err, request=request)                                            ConnectionError: ('Connection aborted.', error(104, 'Connection reset by peer'))                                            -->End of Python script error report<--
    2020-11-19 16:45:03.411 T:2944656256   ERROR: GetDirectory - Error getting plugin://plugin.video.yelo/
    2020-11-19 16:45:03.490 T:3011319632   ERROR: CGUIMediaWindow::GetDirectory(plugin://plugin.video.yelo/) failed
    2020-11-19 16:45:13.651 T:3011319632 WARNING: CGUIWindowManager - HandleAction - ignoring action 107, because topmost modal dialog closing animation is running
    2020-11-19 16:45:32.103 T:3011319632 WARNING: Previous line repeats 6 times.

It installed fine and got its dependency's fine, Normaly at the first startup it should ask to install the Wildvine thing to be able to play DMR content, but it does not do this :(

Any help would be appreciated,

Today I also installed the latest coreelec with Kodi 18.9 on my other box with a S905 chip, and on this box I was able to install everything (also this addon and wildvine) so I dont think it has to do with kodi 18.9 compatibility of the Yelo TV addon.

thank you in advance,

Hans

P.S. I am using your A8 image, this worked fine with your previous build with Kodi 18.8 (including the addon)

EDIT : You can fully disregard this mail, aperantly about an half hour after I tested the telenet yelo app with the coreelec box, the entire telenet yelo / webmail, ... service went down in the entire country for the rest of the night, so afcourse that was the reason I could not get the yelo play app to work on the libreelec box !!!! how unlucky can someone get :)

So I can confirm Ilmich , everything working great on my MXR4K box using your A8 image (even the remote worked out of the box :) )

Thank you,

P.S. why is "nation-wide" a censored word on this forum ????

Hi all,

I've updated my images with latest knaerzche commits on his libreelect-9.2 branch (kodi 18.9)

Cheers

Michele

Hello,

Where could I find your builds again ? I want to test the one with kodi 18.9 , your previous one's worked nicely :)

I think you gave me a link previous time, but I dont know if you have a dedicated spot somewhere now for your builds ?

Thank you,

Hans

EDIT : I found your google drive link, I think I found the new builds with KODI 18.9 , I will let you know if they work, thank you in advance.

Yes, H6 is the best.

I tested passthrough only on HDMI, but in theory it should work also on SPDIF. It's currently enabled only on Beelink GS1 (talking about H6). I have to check if my Tanix TX6 has it...

Thank you for the info,

How big do you think my chanses are in getting a random cheap box with for instance a H616 chip to run the image you made here for the beelink ??

hello,

I have a possible stupid question,

I currently Have boxes with AMLogic chips (passthru support) and Rockchip ones (no passthru support :( )

I was thinking of getting a extra box with a Allwinner chip, so I have all flavors of boxes (looks like H6.. series is best ?)

I was wondering if this new passthru feature you are testing also works thru the boxes s/pdif (optical or coaxial) outputs ? (if they box has those ?)

Because I now use passthru on my AMlogic box with the COAX SPDIF output (my amp only has optical and coax spdif, no HDMI support)

or is this passthru you are testing now only with HDMI output support ?

thank you,

Hans

No you dont apply any update from SD card, if that happens that you see the normal android recovery (happend to me before) that means you probably dont have a correct device tree file on your SD card that fits your android box.

Can you give me some extra info about your box ? maybey I can point you in the right direction. (foto, specs according to supplyer, screenshot android hardware info, ...)

Hello,

I am in no way a expert , but if you are trying to boot from SD card for the first time, are U using your specific box's way to boot to recovery ?

for my boxes I have to press a toothpick in the AV port (there is a little button in the end) while I boot the box with the SD card in.

Than it will adjust your boot partition to always first check for SDcard or USB stick to boot from.

You should find out first how to boot to recovery with your specific box.

Hansie

looking into the log I've founded

Code
    Error Contents: 400 Client Error: Bad Request for url: https://login2.vtm.be/login/emailfirst/password?client_id=vtm-go-web

that is an http client error indicating that the addon maybe use an old api (maybe fixed with this Fix authentication due to cookie changes by michaelarnauts · Pull Request #212 · add-ons/plugin.video.vtm.go · GitHub )

Sorry, but I can't help you because is not a libreelec issue :(

I'm using netflix / amazon prime / dazn without any issue

Very weird, because the same addon (with same account data) works fine on the build with Kodi 18.5

I gues I will leave this box on the libreelec with Kodi 18.5 for now until there is a more official build with Kodi 18.8

I should realy learn to build these myself and start contributing more :)

anyone know if there is a complete noobs step-by-step guide somewhere about making your own builds ?

Also anyone know a good working guide to use ADB to pull your original device tree of your box ? I cant get ADB to recognise my android box on any USB ports (or do you also have to do something special to the box to be in download/recovery/adb mode)

Thanks alot for your builds and help.