Posts by Hansie

Hello,

I am trying to set up a MXR 4K box with a RK3229 chip,

I am running community build LE9.20 (Kodi 18.5)

I have a Logitech Z-5450 Speaker/amp set with Dolby Digital (AC3) and DTS support with SPDIF optical and Coax input

I also have a Samsung LCD (2011)

The problem is getting passthrough to work with my SPDIF (COAX) out.

In the audio devices I can select SPDIF and by doing so I can get stereo to work (because the Kodi transcode's the audio to PCM and with SPDIF coax that means I only get two channels (stereo)

The problem is that , at the passthrough options I can NOT select another device (greyed out) also , changing the Audio device itself does NOT change anything at passthrough.

When I enable passthrough now and use my Samsung LCD also to passthrough I can get Dolby Digital to work (goes from Kodi HDMI to my Samsung and than passthrough to the optical SPDIF from my logitech (say's Dolby Digital than)

I can sadly not use that methode for DTS because my samsung (like most TV's) wont passthrough DTS)

What could be the reason I can not select my SPDIF as an output device for passthrough ?

what would cause this to be greyed out ?

I dont think there is anything wrong with the libreelec install since my SPDIF works as normal output device, and passthrough is also working for HDMI, I just cant select any other output for passthrough :(

I am probably doing something stupid , so have fun pointing that out to me and help me out :) :) :)

thank you,

Hans

Some screenshots ;

CE Remote Repo please can you follow the instructions in which way to add to thee repo. Thanks For your contribution

Ah, but I know about that one, but it say's its for AMlogic (S905, ....)

I actualy ask in my post if there is a post like that for the Rockchip (RK3xxx) chip one's ?

Is there a post like that ?

or should I add the rockchip one in the AMlogic thread ?

Hans

Hello,

Aperantly we where working on the same problem at the same time :)

With alot of help from forum user SpikeSP87 , I was finaly able to create a working remote file for this box with libreelec.

(when I say create, I mean I just typed everything SpikeSP87 told me to type step by step :) :) )

It was alot harder than for my two other boxes that have AMlogic S905 chips.

My box and remote :

Put rc_maps.cfg in the /storage/.config folder

and put rem.txt in the /storage/.config/rc_keymaps folder

MXR4K remote.zip

reboot, and presto it works,

My box has one weird thing tho, even when not mapped to any command , when I press the blue VOL+ button my box just instantly completely shuts down :( , not even the normal "kodi shut down spinning circle first" it is just a hard power kill :(

I wonder if that is just my box or a problem with all these model boxes on libreelec ?

this is why the normal volume function in my file is mapped to the TV VOL- and TV VOL+ buttons, but you can remap this for your needs afcourse.

I hope it helps anyone,

Hans

P.S. is there a remote files depository somewhere for these rockchip boxes I can upload it to ?

I know the coreelec forum has something like that for the AMlogic boxes they use.

I told you to put the appropiate remote.conf file in the FAT partition, next to Kernel and SYSTEM files, not in the 'Storage' partition. You can do that simply without booting the system, inserting the SD card in some computer, and youl'll have something like that:

Try both remote.conf files without changing anything, don't loose anything by testing that...

Good luck.

I had also been trying that way (at this point tried alot of way's :) )

tried both, does not work, I still cant get my factory code to make one from scratch :(

ill try again with more files I find, if anyone has any extra tips on getting that damn factory code :)

thank you for all the help already,

Hans

You have a good tutorial here.

That is the tutorial I was following, but I can not seem to get the factory code :( I even copyd all the text I get after using "dmesg -c" to word to do a word search and nothing :(

Also I was copying the remote.conf file to a hidden folder /storage/.config like it say's in the tutorial, but you speak of putting it in root, so I have also tried putting it in /storage with SSH but same result it wont work, and I cant edit it since I am unable to get my factory code :(

EDIT:

I've compiled the mainline kernel branch by myself, and now it's booting the system correctly. Anyways, the wifi hasn't been recognized on my box. I have to do more testing, configure IR remote and see if it works, and more stuff.

When I try the 9.80 that are ready compiled I get a mount error on boot, any chanse you can give me a link to the 9.80 you compiled so I can try it ? mega upload or google drive link or somthing ?

would be much appreciated, I never compiled myself and I know if I start now I wont know what is wrong the image or my compile skillz :) :)

Thank you very much for your help already :)

Hans

The best way to do that, is putting the right remote.conf file in the root of the LIBREELEC partition. This always worked for me in LibreELEC or CoreELEC distros, and worked too with this compilation of LibreELEC.

Thank you for your answer,

I acutaly tought that the remote.conf methode stopped working since libreelec 9.0 ?? and that you now had to use the other methode ?

Do you maybey have a link for me to the correct way of currently making that remote.conf file ?

Also I am currently using this 9.20 build , I have tried the 9.80 build from this post also, but that dit not work (just stay's black,) ill give that 9.80 a extra try :)

EDIT : I have now been trying to get the remote.conf file methode to work,

but I dont get very far :(

I am unable to get my original remote.conf file (the android on that box is just crap :( )

I have put in a remote.conf that might work, but I can not get my factory code ?

when I use the dmesg -c command, the command works, but I never get anything about wrong factory code :(

any step by step guide for this noob is much appreciated :)

Thank you,

Hans

Hello,

For starters thanks for these working builds to put some use in my old android box :)

My question ;

Is there something special I need to do to get a custom keytable to work on these builds compared to the other libreelec releases for SMlogic chips ?

I have manualy configured a keytable to use on two of my boxes with a SMLogic S905 chip using community Libreelec 9.0.1 builds and that worked fine.

I now have a MXR4K box with a RK3229 chip in ,

I used your Libreelec9.20 build and got everything to work (including wifi :) ) thanks for that,

however the standard IR remote will not work.

When I follow the procedure I used on the boxes with the S905 chips everything seems to work I can get the button code's ,

but than at the part where I need to load the custom keytable by using a command :

Code
    1. ir-keytable -a /storage/.config/rc_maps.cfg -s rc0

I simply get nothing (usualy it should say something like deleting keycode , loading xx codes, ... )

when I run

Code
    1. ir-keytable

I get this ;

Found /sys/class/rc/rc0/ (/dev/input/event3) with:

Name: gpio_ir_recv

Driver: gpio_ir_recv, table: rc-rktvbox

lirc device: /dev/lirc0

Supported protocols: lirc rc-5 rc-5-sz jvc sony nec sanyo mce_kbd rc-6 sharp xmp imon

Enabled protocols: lirc nec

bus: 25, vendor/product: 0001:0001, version: 0x0100

Repeat delay = 500 ms, repeat period = 125 ms

Is there something else I need to do with the rockchip builds ??

Any help is much appreciated.

Hans