RPI4 / LE9.2 / Issues with 1080p playback

• Hi guys

I am experiencing some issues with 1080p playback on my RPI4 (LE 9.2, latest version from a coupe of days ago: LibreELEC-RPi4.arm-9.2.0.img.gz)

I enabled debug logging, restarted and then played first an episode (S02E01) of Dragon Ball Z, Season 2 which works flawlessly

Then I played an episode (S03E01) of Season 3, which has issues on playback: low FPS, audio and video are not in sync

In the debug overlay I also saw that the CPU usage on the season3 file is way higher.

The log: http://ix.io/23in

The episode of Season 3 works without problems when playing on my desktop or phone, so I can say that the file is not corrupt or something.

Both files are the same format as far as I can see:

Mediainfo on S02E01:

External Content pastebin.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Mediainfo on S03E01:

External Content pastebin.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

They are even from the same release group:

Dragonball Z 040 1080p BluRay x264-DHD-AsRequested

Dragonball Z 075 1080p BluRay x264-DHD-AsRequested

I saw some threads where people mentioned audio settings, dynamic refresh rate, etc. I played around with different settings, but nothing seemed to work.

I also tried temporarily reducing my resolution from 4K down to 1080p, but still. Same problem.

I even reinstalled my system and did not restore my usual backup. Still, same issue.

Does anyone have any ideas on what could be causing this?

Thanks

• I think it's a deinterlace issue as I m having it on my 1080p recordings too on Rpi2...also I m getting the lightning bolt since updating to 9.2...can you try change deinterlace setting to BOBx1?

• The log:

Kindly first remove the various video piracy crap add-ons that you have installed on your LibreELEC device before seeking support on the LibreELEC or the Kodi forums. As per forum rules, support will only be provided to users with 'clean' Kodi setups. You can see the problem entries here colored in orange: hastebin

And by the looks of the other addons/scripts/modules, the orange selection is not even complete in your case.

also I m getting the lightning bolt since updating to 9.2.

The lightning bolt indicates that your power adapter is not up-to-par.

It's probably some cheap adapter that boasts more than it delivers.

• Changing the deinterlace settings does nothing for me. By BOBx1 you mean "MMAL - Bob", right?

No flash symbol for me. I am using the orignal raspberry pi power supply.

• I hope you didn't simply "forget" to read my reply to you about piracy add-ons.

Otherwise this thread will be simply closed.

Sorry about that, no I didn't forget. I removed all of these addons and then some more. Didn't use them anyway.

Still, that did not resolve the issue sadly

• New log file: http://ix.io/23k0

I again played S02E01 first. In the debug overlay it showed a value of about 30% for CPU-KODI. The video played fine.

Then I played S03E01. CPU-KODI was at over 100%. CPU #1 was at 100%. The playback was laggy, ran at about 18FPS and video/audio were out of sync.

• In the debug overlay I also saw that the CPU usage on the season3 file is way higher.

I'm guessing that the RPI gpu is not well-suited for High 10@L5 video, thus software decoding will likely kick in.

I don't know the exact details of the new RPi GPU, and I'm no video expert, but Anime files have always been a handful for Raspberry devices.