[7.0.3.3d] LibreELEC 7.0 for S805

• OK so we have a date, 25/08/2015, but what motherboard version is that? V1.0? v2.0? v3_1? . . .

. . . It looks like they have v2.0 motherboard which would explain why you are not seeing the v3_1 issues.
    Good news, I guess, as that seems to support the theory that this problem is confined to the v3_1 boxes

No such issue for V3_0 board.

• Hello friends,
    I'm trying to boot from SD with LibreElec 7.0.1.4 on Finless ROM 2.1 (MK808).

SD card:

• Download img.gz file from SD release folder.
    • Unpack image to you hard drive and burn it to SD card. You can read how to do it here: Installation - LibreELEC
      As a result, you should have 3 files on your SD card: aml_autoscript, KERNEL.IMG and SYSTEM.
    • To boot the system for the first time you have to use "toothpick" method. You have to do this only once. You should repeat only this step if booting from SD fails after Android reconfiguration/update. Don't worry, it won't delete your data.

I've done steps 1 and 2 ,but I don't understand what you mean in step 3, can you please explain?
    I got to the "Recovery Mode" with the "Toothpick" method, but what should i do next?

Edited once, last by staripper (June 12, 2016 at 2:10 PM).

• Not sure if it's the same as the MXQ boxes but I think it is. What you need to do is insert a toothpick or similar, nothing meta,l into the audio out socket and you should find there is a hidden button. So power off your box, insert SD card, insert toothpick into audio socket until it clicks down and then power on your box while holding toothpick in place. This should set your box up so that if the SD is in when powered on it will boot from the card.

Edited once, last by PatrickJB (June 12, 2016 at 12:48 PM).

• Not sure if it's the same as the MXQ boxes but I think it is. What you need to do is insert a toothpick or similar, nothing meta,l into the audio out socket and you should find there is a hidden button. So power off your box, insert SD card, insert toothpick into audio socket until it clicks down and then power on your box while holding toothpick in place. This should set your box up so that if the SD is in when powered on it will boot from the card.

I just tried it again, with the toothpick method i get the CWM menu. is it ok?

CWM Recovery

Edited once, last by staripper (June 12, 2016 at 12:59 PM).

• I just tried it again, with the toothpick method i get the CWM menu. is it ok?

CWM Recovery

Just reboot leaving the card in, no need to use the toothpick. If it boots to LE then you should be all set. If not then try what I wrote above again. If it still doesn't work you'll have to wait for someone with your box on this forum to help you out.

EDIT: I think you need to see the Android robot when you do the toothpick thing. If you don't see it then keep trying or wait for someone with your box to reply.

Edited once, last by PatrickJB (June 12, 2016 at 1:25 PM).

• staripper Are you sure you have burned image to SD card properly? Can you see all the files that are needed when you put SD to your PC? When you want to boot from SD, your box shouldn't boot to recovery, it should boot straight to LibreELEC. What is your SD card capacity? Can you check if it's visible in Android?

PatrickJB Thank you for sharing your knowledge and helping people!

Poida I'm looking into the MAC issue but I'm afraid my V3_1 board is not good to try different ways of reading MAC address as I've burned MAC reg when flashing some other firmware...

• Anyone using Kszaq's Retroarch build can update to the latest v. 1.34 by replacing the current binary located in /storage/.kodi/addons/emulator.tools.retroarch/bin/ with this one. It has a sweet new animated background ribbon. It ends up looking just like a PS3 dashboard.

Dont forget to run chmod +x /storage/.kodi/addons/emulator.tools.retroarch/bin/* after copying the new file.

open?id=0BxdG04mQGssLOWI2ZGFCem5nZ00

Video of the new XMB ribbon in action :

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Edited once, last by sammaz (June 12, 2016 at 8:31 PM).

• @kszaq Is there any way I can patch the box (using update.zip or SSH) with a pre-defined MAC - different to the existing generic one ?

If so, would the MAC address be overwritten with future updates ? Shouldn't really matter, if it is possible, as the patch could always be reapplied

I am currently using 6.0.1.1 on one of the boxes and static IPs, but it looks dreadful each boot / reboot with text output spilling all over the boot screen which kinda feels like I've gone backwards here LOL

Edited once, last by Poida (June 13, 2016 at 4:50 AM).

• Poida You can burn MAC address to the box using USB Burning Tool - that's why I don't see the MAC issue with my V3_1 board. I need to figure out if you can do this without flashing the whole firmware, I'll let you know if I succeeded. I am still waiting for a reply from manufacturer - I emailed them again yesterday - as they seem to use a different method of reading MAC address in their Android ROM. This is one more issue that could have been solved long time ago if they wanted to cooperate...

• Hello, I'm reporting that RKM/RIKOMAGIC MK05 works fine with LibreELEC-S805.MXQ.arm-7.0.1.4.img.gz image with toothpick method (I've pressed the button that is located on the bottom of the device with a toothpick while putting the power cord in).

This device is being sold in Croatian market in Interspar Hypermarkets. It looks like some kind of a clone of MXQ. Remote doesn't work and I'm getting CEC errors in dmesg every second or so. Turning off CEC with fw_setenv cecconfig cecf doesn't suppress the messages.

I didn't try versions for other devices. Thank you for making this :)

Edited once, last by vrodic (March 24, 2017 at 5:08 PM).

• Many thanks kszaq, for your efforts with this

Can you login to one or your boxes over SSH, execute cat /sys/class/efuse/mac and tell me if the address is equal to the sticker on the box?

This device is being sold in Croatian market in Interspar Hypermarkets. It looks like some kind of a clone of MXQ. Remote doesn't work and I'm getting CEC errors in dmesg every second or so. Turning off CEC with fw_setenv cecconfig cecf doesn't suppress the messages.

To make remote work you need to copy remote.conf from Android firmware unless this box uses a different remote driver.

All LE builds use libCEC driver and CEC can be turned off in Kodi settings. If your TV supports CEC and doesn't recognize the box, try using a different HDMI cable.

• hi everyone.
    Im running LibreELEC on a generic MXQ black box , first the pre-compiled SD and NAND from the repository,
    tonight from my own compiled. Fresh , no problem at all.
    But i wanna try to use LibreELEC with x11 , i think will expand the possibilities of use applications ahead of multimedia.
    can guide me on any clue?
    i have been modified the options file in the MXQ directory enabling the x11 and the window manager, without sucess.
    Thank you in advance and congrats for these really good work.

• Hey
    I have the same board as you and i vaguely remember something like this was caused by early release of reset button.
    Just HOLD IT IN click position for longer. Just hold it 30 second after MXQ splash logo.
    Let me know if it works. You may not even see the Android robot from what i remember.
    Black screen for up to 3 minutes after reset release. Just leave it till it boots up.

Just wanted to say thx, i did hold the reset button for about 30 sec even when the mxq logo disappeared and on the tv screen i had a message no connection, i waited for about 3 min and the box was on again.
    Thx.

• Just wanted to say thx, i did hold the reset button for about 30 sec even when the mxq logo disappeared and on the tv screen i had a message no connection, i waited for about 3 min and the box was on again.
    Thx.

Great.
    This why i always ask members to put their hardware and version in a signature as to help those with the same boards etc.
    I saw your board and responded.
    kszaq might keep this in his solved file.

• kszaq - Sure is

I will try to patch kernel to take MAC address from efuse as this seems to be the right place. I need to prepare a patch and test it on other boards to make sure it doesn't break things. This will take a few days since I'm very busy with my regular job and assembling a S905 build (preview coming soon ).

But i wanna try to use LibreELEC with x11 , i think will expand the possibilities of use applications ahead of multimedia.
    can guide me on any clue?
    i have been modified the options file in the MXQ directory enabling the x11 and the window manager, without sucess.

First of all, Mali drivers that are used in LE for Amlogic are Fbdev and for X11 you need to use a different set of libraries. You can get X11 libraries from buildroot (get it from Index of /download/ARM/filesystem) from package/opengl folder. As I never played with X11 I can't help you further but you may want to look at Hardkernel forums for hints as their Odroid-C1 uses the same SoC.