Posts by staripper

Not sure if it's the same as the MXQ boxes but I think it is. What you need to do is insert a toothpick or similar, nothing meta,l into the audio out socket and you should find there is a hidden button. So power off your box, insert SD card, insert toothpick into audio socket until it clicks down and then power on your box while holding toothpick in place. This should set your box up so that if the SD is in when powered on it will boot from the card.

I just tried it again, with the toothpick method i get the CWM menu. is it ok?

CWM Recovery

Hello friends,
    I'm trying to boot from SD with LibreElec 7.0.1.4 on Finless ROM 2.1 (MK808).

SD card:

• Download img.gz file from SD release folder.
    • Unpack image to you hard drive and burn it to SD card. You can read how to do it here: Installation - LibreELEC
      As a result, you should have 3 files on your SD card: aml_autoscript, KERNEL.IMG and SYSTEM.
    • To boot the system for the first time you have to use "toothpick" method. You have to do this only once. You should repeat only this step if booting from SD fails after Android reconfiguration/update. Don't worry, it won't delete your data.

I've done steps 1 and 2 ,but I don't understand what you mean in step 3, can you please explain?
    I got to the "Recovery Mode" with the "Toothpick" method, but what should i do next?