[7.0.3.3d] LibreELEC 7.0 for S805

• Yes, these builds should boot on most S805 boxes but I can't guarantee S/PDIF, WiFi and remote control to work. You should try running from SD card first, it is a completely safe method.

You have to be able to access the reset button to be able to boot from SD card, there is no other way to apply aml_autoscript. On the other side, if you want to flash to NAND, you can prepare an SD card with NAND installation files, boot to Android, insert SD card and execute reboot recovery in terminal - the box will reboot to flashing LE on NAND.

Ok, great. I will have a look at it tonight and hopefully get back with some success.

Thanks a lot for your reply. I wouldn't have moved without it.

• So has anyone experimented with using a thermoelectric cooling device on their board cpu? Was thinking about buy something like this and seeing how it goes. Will need a bigger psu too but if I connect onto the connector inside the case it will be cooling the whole time. Not that my box is running extremely hot but keeping cpu cool especially under high load can only help right??

Thermoeolectric cooling modules Cooler Cooler TES1-04903 20*20mm
    Thermoeolectric cooling modules Cooler Cooler TES1 04903 20*20mm-in Air Conditioner Parts from Home Improvement on Aliexpress.com | Alibaba Group
    (from AliExpress Android)

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

• Kodi log has no information on WiFi. Please collect the logs according to instruction in the first post.

kszaq, Ive tried again following the instructions on first post but each time it only captures this info. I turn the box on, connect it to my routers LAN port so I can SSH with Putty. I capture the log file by teminal "pastebinit /storage/.kodi/temp/kodi.log" then copy from explorer and Its the same capture each time? I get no WiFi signal with OE or LE but it works fine with Android. Do I need to get some info with it running on Android first? Is LE not reconizing my WiFi chip?

Please let me know if Im missing a step...

Thank you, Frank

• Hi kszaq,

My all black MXQ has shown a red LED permanently since I first flashed over the stock rom. When booting 7.0.0.2 my LED was red on the u-boot image and then it turned blue!!! When Libreelec booted the LED flickered a little and then went off. Now the LED is red when the unit is in standby and off when the unit is on. Even when powering off and re-powering the unit it now stays like this - Red standby, Off power on. Have you any ideas why my blue LED would appear on the first boot but never after that?

Thanks for the excellent work.

It seems like your LED is connected to a GPIO port that is defined for some other system device in device tree. Do you have a link to original Android firmware that makes the LED work correctly?

kszaq, Ive tried again following the instructions on first post but each time it only captures this info. I turn the box on, connect it to my routers LAN port so I can SSH with Putty. I capture the log file by teminal "pastebinit /storage/.kodi/temp/kodi.log" then copy from explorer and Its the same capture each time? I get no WiFi signal with OE or LE but it works fine with Android. Do I need to get some info with it running on Android first? Is LE not reconizing my WiFi chip?

Please let me know if Im missing a step...

Thank you, Frank

Sorry, it's my mistake: I thought that LibreELEC Wiki instructs to provide all the logs, not only Kodi log... Here's what you need to do:

• reboot your box or turn off the power completely and power the box
    • if you can access Samba shares (Windows shared folders), go to \\box_IP\Logfiles - there will be a log file that you need to give me
    • if you're unable to access the share, you can also SSH to the box, execute createlog and download zip file with logs over SFTP from /storage/logfiles

I'll update the first post accordignly. Thank you for your cooperation.

• sammaz After lots of trials and errors I was finally able to compile libcec-daemon! I needed to add log4cplus package, find libcec-daemon fork that works with libcec 3.0.1, find another fork that allows compiling with CMake (autoconf was throwing errors all the time), merge them and add a fix for the latest boost library. Lot of things learned down the way!

You can download it from here: libcec_daemon
    Source code for plugin is available at GitHub - kszaq/my-addons: A simple VNC server for OpenELEC on Amlogic

I have only verified that it works, I am not sure if key mapping are correct.

What you can do for your retroarch setup - to have CEC work all the time - is disable CEC in Kodi settings (System -> Input -> Peripherals) and add libcec-daemon -d to autostart.sh. That way you'd be able to stop Kodi by SIGSTOP and not systemctl stop and have CEC input working all the time.

Whoa! Will test this asap...just got home from a 5 day trip.

Edit : I was able to shut down the cec in setting\system and I was able to load the libcec-daemon successfully (No cec controll in Kodi though). When retroarch is running it does not see the new udev CEC device as an input. Have you been able to get CEC recognized in retroarch with this?

Edited once, last by sammaz (May 11, 2016 at 9:22 AM).

• Edit : I was able to shut down the cec in setting\system and I was able to load the libcec-daemon successfully (No cec controll in Kodi though). When retroarch is running it does not see the new udev CEC device as an input. Have you been able to get CEC recognized in retroarch with this?

If there's no control in Kodi, it means that libcec-daemon was not able to connect over CEC. Turning off CEC adapter in Kodi does not always work for me without a reboot, can you try doing that?

• I'm currently running OpenELEC on my OTT MXQ box with the following board ID:
    MXQ-S805-V1.2 20150520

The only issues I have had with the OE HD18q build on my MXQ was that the blue LED is constantly on. WiFi works 99% of the time.

My question is which LE ROM should I use to update my box from OE to LE based on the above? The HD18q or the MXQ build?

Thanks!

• If there's no control in Kodi, it means that libcec-daemon was not able to connect over CEC. Turning off CEC adapter in Kodi does not always work for me without a reboot, can you try doing that?

When Pulse8 CEC is disabled and I have this as my autostart.sh :

(
    libcec-daemon -d;
    )

I do not get any CEC control in Kodi.

My dmesg looks like this:

LibreELEC:~ # dmesg |grep daemon
    [ 9.952179@1] input: libcec-daemon as /devices/virtual/input/input2

and if I run the command manualy in terminal :

LibreELEC:~ # libcec-daemon
    INFO - Opened /dev/uinput
    INFO - Created uinput device
    INFO - Openning /dev/AmlogicCEC
    Failed to open adapter
    LibreELEC:~ # libcec-daemon -l
    [0] port:Amlogic path:/dev/AmlogicCEC
    Failed to open
    LibreELEC:~ # libcec-daemon -d

• My question is which LE ROM should I use to update my box from OE to LE based on the above? The HD18q or the MXQ build?

Thanks!

The same that worked for you with OE releases. There are 2 differences between all the builds: device tree and remote.conf. Everything else is the same.

When libcec-daemon is already running or CEC adapter is active in Kodi, running libcec-daemon will fail as there can only be one connection with CEC kernel driver at the time. With libcec-daemon running in background, I am getting the same results as you do, yet there is a "LibreELEC" device available on the list from my TV and I'm able to control Kodi when I select it. Keys are mapped a bit differently, that needs some adjustment...

• It seems like your LED is connected to a GPIO port that is defined for some other system device in device tree. Do you have a link to original Android firmware that makes the LED work correctly?

I don't have access to the original firmware. I must have tried dozens of different firmwares but none of them show my blue LED. This is the closest I've been to working correctly, the LED is red when it should be red and off when it should be blue.

• Sorry, it's my mistake: I thought that LibreELEC Wiki instructs to provide all the logs, not only Kodi log... Here's what you need to do:

• reboot your box or turn off the power completely and power the box
    • if you can access Samba shares (Windows shared folders), go to \\box_IP\Logfiles - there will be a log file that you need to give me
    • if you're unable to access the share, you can also SSH to the box, execute createlog and download zip file with logs over SFTP from /storage/logfiles

I'll update the first post accordignly. Thank you for your cooperation.

Ok cool I think I have what you need, I have added all the logs that were in the folder. I have "Blue" MXQ_S805_V3_1_20151230 and the box is currently running M201D SD 7.0.0.2 IMG. I do not see any wireless connection in the connections tab under LibreElec. Looking at my board my WiFi chip is labeled SV60510_TUB5T_4S41, eMMC chip SKhynix_H27UCG8T2ETR_BC_612A. Please let me know if you need anyhting else.

• I don't have access to the original firmware. I must have tried dozens of different firmwares but none of them show my blue LED. This is the closest I've been to working correctly, the LED is red when it should be red and off when it should be blue.

The only thing I can say is that I found a bug that doesn't turn the LED back on for "costdown" boards. I'm not able to help any further. To support all the LEDs, I'd need to make a separate build for every board there is.

Ok cool I think I have what you need, I have added all the logs that were in the folder. I have "Blue" MXQ_S805_V3_1_20151230 and the box is currently running M201D SD 7.0.0.2 IMG. I do not see any wireless connection in the connections tab under LibreElec. Looking at my board my WiFi chip is labeled SV60510_TUB5T_4S41, eMMC chip SKhynix_H27UCG8T2ETR_BC_612A. Please let me know if you need anyhting else.

Thank you for the logs. You seem to have an unknown SDIO WiFi chip that doesn't even show in the logs. Can you tell me what is the Realtek chip you have on your board? And can you also give me a result for cat /sys/bus/sdio/devices/*/device && cat /sys/bus/sdio/devices/*/vendor? I think you may have 8189FTV chip and there's no driver for it in my builds (yet).

• Thank you for the logs. You seem to have an unknown SDIO WiFi chip that doesn't even show in the logs. Can you tell me what is the Realtek chip you have on your board? And can you also give me a result for cat /sys/bus/sdio/devices/*/device && cat /sys/bus/sdio/devices/*/vendor? I think you may have 8189FTV chip and there's no driver for it in my builds (yet).

Ok here are some photos. Ill get the other files next...

Thank You!

• So has anyone experimented with using a thermoelectric cooling device on their board cpu? Was thinking about buy something like this and seeing how it goes. Will need a bigger psu too but if I connect onto the connector inside the case it will be cooling the whole time. Not that my box is running extremely hot but keeping cpu cool especially under high load can only help right??

Thermoeolectric cooling modules Cooler Cooler TES1-04903 20*20mm
    3aaeAzqy
    (from AliExpress Android)

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

Never used one for anything like this, but I know a bit about them. First point is that they aren't really coolers, at least, not by themselves - they are heat pumps. They take power from an external supply (which means they generate heat) and they use what is known as the Peltier effect to create a temperature difference between the two sides. So, you have to also add a nice big heatsink, which will you mount on the hot side of the device, such that it can perhaps limit that side to maybe 50 or 60 degrees, then the cooler side will be able to take some heat from the chip you put it on and cool it to about 30 to 40 degrees. The down side is that for trying to cool chips in small media players, the heat pump would generate several times more heat than the whole player gave out in the first place, so it's not really that great an idea.

Edited once, last by S80_UK (May 12, 2016 at 12:16 AM).

• Is there any chance that one of these builds can install on Odroid C1+?

Or can you add C1+ to your support devices?

ps. I'm now using wrxtasy's OpenELEC build from here but seem not updating for a while.

• Ok here are some photos. Ill get the other files next...

Thank You!

Very nice photos! I have bad news and good news: bad news is that this is a very new WiFi chip with no official drivers from Amlogic. Good news is that I was able to find a driver on GitHub and I might be able to compile it. You need to give me a few days.

Is there any chance that one of these builds can install on Odroid C1+?

Or can you add C1+ to your support devices?

ps. I'm now using wrxtasy's OpenELEC build from here but seem not updating for a while.

I'm afraid my builds won't work with Odroid C1(+). While on Kodi side things should work - it's also S805 - I think Odroid may need a different kernel image and different u-boot. I don't have Odroid C1 and I won't be able to build for it. You can ask Wrxtasy to share his sources and it should be quite easy for you to port them for LE build.

• I'm afraid my builds won't work with Odroid C1(+). While on Kodi side things should work - it's also S805 - I think Odroid may need a different kernel image and different u-boot. I don't have Odroid C1 and I won't be able to build for it. You can ask Wrxtasy to share his sources and it should be quite easy for you to port them for LE build.

Thanks for info.