Posts by S80_UK

I honestly don't know. Did it break because of what Apple might have done or because of some other regression, directly related or not...? Your added information about Tuneblade (that's new to me) may be pertinent. I don't use Airplay with Kodi - I was simply trying to add some background regarding the way that Apple control Airplay and how that may affect unofficial clients for which the developers have to try to figure out what changes are needed each time that Apple make a change.

Thanks guys, so the issues I experience is because that the airplay version used in latest Kodi is different from in older versions, because Kodi developers have been trying to keep up with protocol changes, introducing bugs on some none-apple devices?

I am not aware of version specifics, but it is more likely that this has broken as a result of changes to iOS from Apple (whether iOS 14, 14.1, etc. - who knows...).

Good summary. Also worth noting - Apple approved Airplay clients include an authentication chip that can only be bought from Apple approved sources after Apple has approved the product design (a complex and expensive process). As a free / open source project, Kodi has no such possibilities and like other unapproved Airplay implementations in commercial products, it may break from time to time.

I am not aware of Orbi - however, a problem sometimes seen with mesh network systems is that they try to act the same as the router and often default to providing a DHCP server, and you can't have moire than one of hose on your network (it's normally a router function). Is the Orbi set to Auto or similar? Does it have a Bridge setting? My colleagues have seen this with Eero mesh networking systems. Once Bridge mode was enabled, everything else worked correctly.

BTW, Intel will be moving the J40xx/41xx and J50xx to EOL per coming October.

I saw that too - but then I saw that they have a "refresh" range launched late last year...

Products formerly Gemini Lake Refresh

And some of those parts are starting to be used in newer products (Odroid H2+, for example) so I wonder whether they may be an option going forwards, unless Intel are pulling the plug on those as well? I may just go for the Asrock board that you have while there's one or two still around.

x86 fan here... Stlil running Braswell N3060 for the main living room TV, and before that Atom D525 / ION2. For the next upgrade I am only sitting on the fence for waiting for H265 / 4K HDR (no rush for H266 yet, obviously). Maybe J4115 next time round, but I am happy to wait in the meantime.

The Wikipedia page that the OP linked to says the Xtreamer Ultra uses the Atom D525 - that version of the Atom is 64 bit capable and since it uses ION graphics (but I think the first version) then it shouldwork, based on the report from Klojum, above. If it is the second generation Xtreamer Ultra with the Atom D2700 then that uses later Nvidia graphics and would proably run LE without issues.

There are both 32bit boxes with Intel graphics only, and 64bit boxes with an Nvidia GPU.

From here, I cannot tell which one OP's box is.

I went from the description. I looked up the Veriton VN282G - it has the D525 Atom with ION2 and the D525 is also mentioned by the OP. I have that CPU and graphics on an Asus ITX board (and I know that combination works with current LE), therefore it's highly likely this particular Acer Veriton can also work, even if it's an old platform and perhaps not supported in major updates in the future.

All I want is for this to be my NAS system It was where I had all of my external hard drives with all my movies and if I wanted to watch a specific movie I would use one of my Android box, go to that named computer pick out my movie and watch. That is all I need from this unit.

In your first message you implied that you wanted it as a player (moving from the old OpenELEC to LibreELEC). Now you seem to be suggesting a different use case where the player is an Android box of some kind, and the PC is hosting the storage for that player. Depending on the storage type, amount, number of movies, etc, that could require a different approach, and LibreELEC on the Acer box may not be the best way forwards (it's primarily a media player, not a storage manager, after all). For using the Acer box as a NAS you could look at FreeNAS or something (not that I have any experience of it), but given your apaprent lack of experience I would be reluctant to push you in that direction.

Actually, looking at the specs, the Atom D525 processor is 64 bit capable, and in this machine it is coupled with Nvidia ION2 graphics hardware. On that basis, at least, the hardware is capable of running LibreELEC perfectly well. (I have the same basic platform in my older LE machine.) However, as I read it, you really need someone on the forum to help you through the process. Personally, I genuinely don't have the time (flat out with work and part-time carer). But if successful, you should have a reasonable experience with the harwdare. It is perfectly capable of playing Blu-ray rips, for example.

Now i am not able to acces my data on my big RAID5 array.

Why not? If they are both on the same network, just set up a user account on your array and allow LibreELEC to access it using that username and password (it can be read-only if you want to be safe). I don't use RAID5, but I have a 28TB Unraid server sharing media to my network, and LE works with it just fine.

As for being shocked, I find that strange to say the least. It's a media player, and is very clearly not intended to be a protected mass storage system. Even then too many users expect too many features to be supported by the lowest price hardware they can find. Adding RAID support would only make that problem worse. I think you need to re-adjust your expectations.

Depending on the Bluetooth latency, this may sound pretty poor. You could easily have the speakers linked via Bluetooth playing their content with a noticeable delay - could be up to a few hundred milliseconds. There are low latency Bluetooth codecs that may help. Having said that, in my view, the effort needed to manage this level of complexity would be hard to justify.

That processor is relatively old. There is no way it will support HEVC software decoding at 2160p (and it lacks the necessary hardware acceleration). You will be able to play some 4k files using the AVC codec, but nothing ripped from a 4k blu-ray without re-encoding.