[7.0.3.3d] LibreELEC 7.0 for S805

• Hey people,i have MXQ S805 Android tv box,and i would like to boot LibreELEC from a SD card,i've followed the instructions,flashed my 4gb sd card with LibreELEC and all that kind of stuff.. the problem is that device is not booting from the sd card..i've tried different versions of LibreELEC but the problem is still the same...I'm using toothpick and turning device ON at the same time and all i get is Amlogic S805 logo and that's all,no actions anymore.also i've tried to wait for about 15 minutes and still the same thing )

What should i do ? will be happy and thankful if somebody will reply ) thank you!

• I have buy a clone of this s805 boxes

NEXBOX MXQ TV Box

And tested with one SD img. LibreELEC-S805.HD18Q.arm-7.0.1.4.img.gz

-Wifi works ok
    -IR remote not works (I need to replace the config file from stock ROM)

But I have one problem. Sometimes my 2.5" external HDD get disconected and conected again after few seconds.

This only happends on LibreElec not on Android.

How can be fixed? is maybe something related to the voltage regulator? I need to compile a new kernel or test another version diferent than HD18Q?

Edit.

Looks the same box than NEXBOX A85 based on the description by  jnnuzzo, the PBC has one sticker with MXQ-S805-V3.2
    [hr]

I think I will make this button suspend the box, that is work like "Power" key. I don't think you will be able to wake it with the remote as that a task for u-boot - something out of my control.

What is the build date for Android firmware? Can you wake the box with IR remote after you put it to sleep in LE?

I think that I have the same PBC.

Sleep/wake up under Android 4.4 works fine. Ping me if you need something from the stock ROM

Edited once, last by CGarces (July 4, 2016 at 12:20 PM).

• Kszaq can you make a "ludicrous" build where you remove the thermal profiles and go full 1.5Ghz without throttle? I want to test something...I have an extra stick that I put some heatsinks on and I want to run some load tests on it ...stess it for a few days ect.

You can try this (at your own risk!):

Code
    echo disabled > /sys/devices/virtual/thermal/thermal_zone0/mode
    echo performance > /sys/devices/system/cpu/cpu0/cpufreq/scaling_governor

Ahh, did I hear S905 build happening ? :) I have the mini-MX

PM me for details.

Hey people,i have MXQ S805 Android tv box,and i would like to boot LibreELEC from a SD card,i've followed the instructions,flashed my 4gb sd card with LibreELEC and all that kind of stuff.. the problem is that device is not booting from the sd card..i've tried different versions of LibreELEC but the problem is still the same...I'm using toothpick and turning device ON at the same time and all i get is Amlogic S805 logo and that's all,no actions anymore.also i've tried to wait for about 15 minutes and still the same thing )

Have you tried the m201d build?

Sleep/wake up unther Android 4.4 works fine. Ping me if you need something from the stock ROM

I need u-boot source code so that it can be compiled correctly.

A note to everyone: Please don't post links to eBay/e-shops. Let's not advertise and discuss the builds instead.

Edited once, last by kszaq (June 26, 2016 at 9:06 PM).

• kszaq Why is it that the Android builds of the v3_1 boxes can wake using the power button, but the LE builds cannot?

I know that you have mentioned it is a u-boot.bin bug, so are the Android builds not using u-boot.bin? or is it really complex and not easily explained to the layman?

Edited once, last by Poida (June 27, 2016 at 7:40 AM).

• @kszaq Why is it that the Android builds of the v3_1 boxes can wake using the power button, but the LE builds cannot?

I know that you have mentioned it is a u-boot.bin bug, so are the Android builds not using u-boot.bin? or is it really complex and not easily explained to the layman?

Android on V3_1 boards do not turn off the box, it only turns off the screen. It's a bit similar to what smartphones do: they keep working when you press the power button. When you press the power button again, screen is turned back on.

My LibreELEC builds use a proper way to sleep - "deep sleep" or "u-boot sleep". In that mode kernel puts system components to sleep and tells u-boot to suspend. From that point only u-boot is able to bring the box back to life. This is a standard feature of Amlogic u-boot which has been somehow turned off or not compiled in by V3_1/V3_2 boards manufacturer. I cannot change that behaviour without having their u-boot source code as u-boot compiled from Amlogic source does not boot.

To make "V3_1 Android way" work on these boards I would have to do 2 things: enable WAKELOCK in kernel config and write code to make Kodi aware of "suspend" with wakelock. Unfortunately enabling WAKELOCK breaks kernel for some other boards so this is a no-go.

I have sent multiple requests to the board manufacturer to either share u-boot source code or compile it to be able to wake from u-boot and all I got in response is silence.

• kszaq - Thanks for your hard work, I have Libreelec 7 running on a MXV but I still have to have the USB cable going from port 1 to 4 or else the box powers down. I think its because I originally flashed an MXQ image (I get an MXQ logo when booting up) which contained bootloader and recovery. Do you know how I would go about fixing this? should I re-flash an Android image with the burning tool, then flash libreelec?

Thanks.

• To make "V3_1 Android way" work on these boards I would have to do 2 things: enable WAKELOCK in kernel config and write code to make Kodi aware of "suspend" with wakelock. Unfortunately enabling WAKELOCK breaks kernel for some other boards so this is a no-go.

Thanks for taking the time to enlighten me on this. Do you know if the same problem exists with the S905 boards?

• kszaq - Thanks for your hard work, I have Libreelec 7 running on a MXV but I still have to have the USB cable going from port 1 to 4 or else the box powers down. I think its because I originally flashed an MXQ image (I get an MXQ logo when booting up) which contained bootloader and recovery. Do you know how I would go about fixing this? should I re-flash an Android image with the burning tool, then flash libreelec?

Thanks.

Please try doing that. Use MXQ build as this one is reported to work on MXV. I don't have MXV box and can't help much.

Thanks for taking the time to enlighten me on this. Do you know if the same problem exists with the S905 boards?

No idea, actually. I have only 2 S905 boxes and they don't have such an issue. There are so many S905 boxes on the market right now that I can't say for every single one. I think we will have reports when my builds go public. All things considered, I will always advise against buying cheap S905 boxes and get a quality one instead (WeTek Hub).

• Please try doing that. Use MXQ build as this one is reported to work on MXV. I don't have MXV box and can't help much.

No idea, actually. I have only 2 S905 boxes and they don't have such an issue. There are so many S905 boxes on the market right now that I can't say for every single one. I think we will have reports when my builds go public. All things considered, I will always advise against buying cheap S905 boxes and get a quality one instead (WeTek Hub).

So is the Hub out for sale? I can't see it anywhere in the UK and with the state of the pound after Brexit I doubt I'll be buying it from America!

So we have been warned not to buy cheap boxes but around £30, possibly £40, would be OK for me. Perhaps I'll just stick with my S805's until the verdic is out on the LE ROM and hardware etc. My credit card is getting out of control again so I need to sort that out some how! Anybody need some gardening done?

Edited once, last by PatrickJB (June 27, 2016 at 4:05 PM).

• You can try this (at your own risk!):

Code
    echo disabled > /sys/devices/virtual/thermal/thermal_zone0/mode
    echo performance > /sys/devices/system/cpu/cpu0/cpufreq/scaling_governor

Perfect. It really helps with micro-stutter that I was seeing durring cpufreq transitions. Even when scaling between 1.25 and 1.5Ghz you could tell when it makes the transition. With these "ludicrous" settings I am getting smooth 1.5Ghz and 60degrees C after 8 hours...so I think I will leave it.

How can I put these 2 lines into my autostart.sh? What should the syntax be?

Thanks so much!

Edited once, last by sammaz (June 27, 2016 at 7:51 PM).

• So is the Hub out for sale? I can't see it anywhere in the UK and with the state of the pound after Brexit I doubt I'll be buying it from America!

You can preorder it from WeTek Website.

How can I put these 2 lines into my autostart.sh? What should the syntax be?

You can simply add these 2 without anything extra around - these are simple commands that don't start any process that would need to be put to the background.

• You can simply add these 2 without anything extra around - these are simple commands that don't start any process that would need to be put to the background.

Thanks! I was able to add them to my retroarch start script so that it only goes into "ludicrious" mode when retroarch is started.

• Got to say that my first instinct was to update to the upcoming Wetek hub S905. Then I acknowledged to myself that I have 2 cheap s805 boxes that are lovely thanks to kszaq and will be supported by him in future so I can't see why I should be daft enough to buy again for my home that only has two tellys that don't do cec let alone 4k.

I'll remain ( I'm an old brexiter JB) interested but for the time being I've decided to be content with what I've got. I have to control the urge to buy when it come to kodi boxes though.

Thanks kszaq for the reminder in your pm. Unless YOU tell me there are benefits in the s905 that will wow me, I'll be sticking with beelink S805.

• Kszaq .... First off thanks for all your amazing work man!

I currently have 3 MXV Boxes running LibreElec 7.0 HD180Q SD Image. All in all they work very well other than the following minor issues.

1. Each box will usually lockup a 3 or 4 times a week on me. I have to unplugg it and then press the power button to power it back on. I'm not sure if this is only happening with MXV or if it also happening with the MXQ with red stripe as well. Im guessing it probably just the MXV since its not really supported by you. I haven't grabbed a error log file from it afterwards but I will the next time it happens. Can I post it or send the log to you when it does?

2. The remote arrow keys have a tendency to stop responding whenever you double click the up or down arrow key very quickly. I'm not sure if this is just becuase of the double click or a physical flaw the remote design itself and it acuatlly hits the mouse pointer button because of the board is bowing inside the remote case. However it may be a combination of both or could it be the remote config file causing the problem. The workaround for whenever the remote arrow keys stop responding is to just press the mouse pointer button once and the arrow keys will start working again. Does anyone else have this same issue with the MXV remote?

3. The home button doesn't work. I tried using the Keymap editor addon to fix this issue but it will not fix the problem. So I am wondering if I can manually edit the remot.config file to fix this issue? If so do you have a link on configuring and editing the remote config files? Or does someone already have a remote config file for the MXV that has the Home button working?

4. I can not reboot the MXV from the homescreen but I can shutdown the MXV from the homescreen. Before I upgraded to Librelec I believe you had gotten it to not only shutdown but to also reboot. You of course fixed the usb male to male cable in port 1 and 4 issue..... Which was Awesome BTW!

Any advice would be appreciated

Thanks