List of S905/S905X Boxes that work with kszaq's build

• Do you mind to explain why ? From my experience ext4 always perform better than NTFS with less CPU overhead. That changed recently ?

EXT2 will be much better as EXT4 has the added overhead of journaling. You could always disable it on EXT4 but for an external drive EXT2 will be more than ok...

• LE uses NTFS-3G which runs via FUSE (userspace) whereas EXT2/3/4 use an in-kernel driver. Differences are determined by raw CPU speed and I/O performance of the hardware/disk. On the same drive connected to the same hardware and same interfaces running the same kernel there is *no way* NTFS will outperform EXT because the data flows in/out of userspace to the device are significantly less efficient.

• LE uses NTFS-3G which runs via FUSE (userspace) whereas EXT2/3/4 use an in-kernel driver. Differences are determined by raw CPU speed and I/O performance of the hardware/disk. On the same drive connected to the same hardware and same interfaces running the same kernel there is *no way* NTFS will outperform EXT because the data flows in/out of userspace to the device are significantly less efficient.

That.

Has someone also pointed above, I should get even better performance with a non-jounaling file system like ext2.

• I bought TAP 1 Android 6.0 TV Box - 2+16G from GearBest and it works fine wit SD card configured for MECOOL M8S Pro+ - it look to be the same. but just one USB and bluetooth...

20180123_105349.jpg

20180123_110035.jpg

20180123_110041.jpg

20180123_110222_HDR.jpg

20180123_110232.jpg

20180123_110235.jpg

20180123_110333.jpg

20180123_110339.jpg

20180123_110442.jpg

20180123_110445.jpg

Edited once, last by zzzs (January 30, 2018 at 10:35 AM).

• Please forgive the nooby question, but... As I'd like to prepare one of these TV boxes for my parents to run LibreElec only, is there any chance to make them boot *always* in LE apart from flashing the internal eMMC? I noticed in other posts there's always a "tricky" combo to perform in order to make these boxes boot in LE (reset buttons, toothpicks, etc.).
    I'm not sure this could be straightforward for my old dad :) , so... can someone suggest me an easy-to-mod TV Box (S905X based, possibly) that can be converted permanently into a LE system (if any) ?

Thanks for the suggestions and for the patience...

• k4yl0rd

You only do the reset thing once, and then it'll always boot into LE, unless you select to reboot to android from LE Kodi.

Thanks, I thought it was a procedure to do on every reboot. I suppose a MeCool M8S pro+ could be a good candidate then.

Edit: after lurking on the forum, I decided to buy a tanix tx7, it seems everything just works out-of-the-box with le community builds.

Edited once, last by k4yl0rd (March 25, 2018 at 5:30 PM).

• Hi,

do the S912 builds still need the workarounds with CPU overhead because of the missing Mali drivers?

With the CPU overhead - how do the S912 boxes perform now compared to S905X boxes without the overhead,

i.e. what is currently better with LE, S912 or S905X?

Thanks!

• Hi

I'm using "MINI TV for Android Quad-core MK 808B PRO 4K Ultra HD" with LibreELEC-S905.arm-8.2-8.2.3.1.img.gz from SD successfully.

You're the best kszaq.

Thanks!

• Please note that the MXQ Pro 4K sold on many online store still advertise containing amlogic s905x but the soc now is an Rockchip rk3229, actually unsupported.

I bought one of those and sent it back, but last week a friend bought the same from a different store and had the same issue.

Note that both stores didn't corrected the title of the article so even if same days has passed they're still advertised the mxq as containing an S905x.

• anyone tried a leelbox s1?

As far as hardware goes im not sure what the wifi device is alli got is

S905X Quad core Cortex A53 Android 6.0

1GB ram

8GB Flash

100mb ethernet

WIFI 2.4GHz Only

Hdmi is able to reproduce 4k

Ill prob have a go at the weekend.

If i knew the device i would compile a specific build. But i have no idea whats on it