List of S905/S905X Boxes that work with kszaq's build

• MXQ Pro + S905 2 GB / 1 6GB
    tested with 7.0.2.007 on USB - fully functional
    Note : my box has a problem with ethernet, I had to set ethernet port at 100 Mbit, but I think it's an issue of my box (I had the same problem with Android firmware)

Edited once, last by z3rodivide (October 18, 2016 at 12:29 AM).

• I'd like to stop this thread. If you want a hardware listing it should be in a maintained wiki page not a forum thread that very quickly becomes 20+ pages and hard to follow. I would also ask you to refrain from using the terms "to buy" and "not to buy" as forum rules ask you not to promote commercial products (and we'll extend the same idea to the wiki). I would also prefer if the eventual wiki page had a consistent maintainer who keeps the content up-to-date as LE software and vendor firmware evolves, i.e. not a free for all. Make sense?

I'm curious as to how you think someone's going to put a useful wiki page together, other than by owning a zillion different boxes or trawling through threads like this. And unclear on how it's 'a bad thing' that one person says box x works well and another that box y has particular problems. At the moment what doesn't work well today might be great next week - there are plenty of people here and on the kodi forums with buyer's regret. Hard-to-follow beats non-existent for me. So no, it doesn't make a huge amount of sense to me (as you did ask). But it's your site.

• Also the naming is a little generic for some units, ie Sunvell I have a T95m and it is NOT a T95n or plain T95, this causes issues with the tree in respect to these builds, newbies will not know and if they follow the pattern, many many posts will occur before the correct device is identified and managed. 2c

• At the moment what doesn't work well today might be great next week -

And next batch of the misleading Branding MXQ's or T95's or A95's or A95x's are not working as the previous batch.
    Most of these names are not "BRANDS" but names.
    Whatever Hardware they can get at that particular month for the "CHEAPEST" price is what you will get.
    This includes remotes, wifi chips, heat sink, thermal pads, usb, ram, tf card port, boards etc .
    It is laughable how they all claim to be "Manufacturers."
    So my problem with this thread is we will have members giving certain named boxes the OK to run on LE when in fact that is not
    100% guaranteed.
    Plus we are not test pilots for these Chinese Sellers who can't even provide a working Android Version.
    Lets all remember this LE forum is for those who want a challenge and are prepared to test and get a cheap small media box to work as best as possible. If you don't want the challenge BUY an OFFICIALLY supported device and move off.

• I suppose I'm looking at it as if I was a prospective purchaser.
    I want a cheap chinese box to play with. I can pick one at random, see if it works, throw it in the bin, rinse and repeat.
    Or I can read opinions from people who own them, take them all with a pinch of salt, apply a little reasoning - ie a no-name / unbranded box is less likely to have consistent hardware, a post from someone with 2 posts carries less weight than half a dozen posts from various people, a post from 6 months ago is trumped by recent ones, RAM seems to matter, wifi chip is kind of important, S905 vs S905x vs S912, is it worth looking for something that seems (no guarantees) to have a rev c chip...?, does a particular box shut down / start properly with the remoteetc - and increase my chances of buying something that works effectively.
    Personally option 2 sounds better. I pretty much went with option 1 the first time, and was lucky - seems to be a manufacturer that uses consistent hardware, drivers are available, chip okay, right revision, enough RAM, wifi not great but for me that's fine etc. Android? Couldn't care less tbh.
    A wiki page (or at least an effective one) isn't ever going to happen for exactly the reasons you've given.

But, as above, it's not my site. If giving my experience of my box is frowned upon I'll shrug and move on. Hey-ho.

• Also the naming is a little generic for some units, ie Sunvell I have a T95m and it is NOT a T95n or plain T95, this causes issues with the tree in respect to these builds, newbies will not know and if they follow the pattern, many many posts will occur before the correct device is identified and managed. 2c

Hi,

I have a Sunvell T95m as well but I can't seem to install LibreELEC on it. Every time I try the toothpick method it boots into the android recovery screen but says 'No Command'. I saw a post from kszaq who said:

If you see recovery screen when trying to boot from SD card it means that the card/autoscript has been not detected at u-boot stage.

I'm currently trying to install build 7.0.2.009. I guess it's the device tree that I'm struggling with, like what you said. I tried using gxl_p212_1g.dtb and gxl_p212_2g.dtb and the generic on from the .img build. But nothing seems to work.

Would really appreciate any help you could give.

Cheers.

• Im thinking of buying the Tanix TX3 Pro s905X, but some people here are saying there are problems with the remote. Can anyone confirm that LE works 100% on this box with zero issues?

Also does that box use decent hardware inside like samsung ram etc? Or is it no name crap that will die in 6 months.
    Thanks.

• Im thinking of buying the Tanix TX3 Pro s905X, but some people here are saying there are problems with the remote. Can anyone confirm that LE works 100% on this box with zero issues?

Also does that box use decent hardware inside like samsung ram etc? Or is it no name crap that will die in 6 months.
    Thanks.

Read what i wrote #22
    Then read what i have written here #2
    You will soon work out why this thread is a waste of time and can be misleading.

Edited once, last by kostaman (December 13, 2016 at 12:24 AM).

• Read what i wrote #22
    Then read what i have written here #2
    You will soon work out why this thread is a waste of time and can be misleading.

Ah so theres no what to know what youre getting. Sucks.
    I like what Tronsmart makes but its getting harder to get the S95 Pro. Might have to try the Tronsmart S95X then.

Thanks.

• Hieha Q-box 2/16GB S905

USB, LAN & WIFI tested OK, works fine with kszaq's
    LibreELEC-S905.aarch64-7.0.3.010.img + gxbb_p200_2G_1Gbit.dtb

This box is sold under countless names and could have different internals.
    On the packaging it states "TT TV BOX Q".
    Came with Android 6.01 and Kodi Jarvis 16.1 preinstalled eventhough a sticker on the packaging stated Android 5.1.

Hieha Q Box Android 5.1 Smart TV BOX Amlogic S905 Streaming Media Player 2GB 16GB

Edited once, last by hansje (December 13, 2016 at 10:39 AM).