Posts by hansje

Afaik netflix uses indeed inputstream adaptive.

But without the cache settings in advanced settings, many movies are unwatchable as the video freezes all the time while sound remains ok. The difference really is night and day here. Same freezing behavior is observed when requesting HEVC in the netflix plugin.

Koboltzz, I hear you, and would be more then happy to do some tests or traces tomorrow to find out more (late here, am in bed right now).

Just let me know what you think makes sence to check.

Having recently purchased my second Android box, a M9C max (S905X, 2/16GB), I can report that Netflix runs great at 720p with the 8.90.4 alpha.

Apart from installing the Netflix plugin and widevine.sh, importing Cryptodome seemed also needed to fix a dependency error.

After this, Netflix ran at 720p, but barely watchable. Thankfully, I read a tip from Gismo112 in the Kodinerds forum on cache settings in advancedsettings.xml. With these, there hasn't been a single hiccup so far (with HEVC disabled in the Netflix settings)!

I have tried all sorts of movies and TV shows, with various frame and refresh rates, and am impressed with picture quality.

The quality is really much better compared to the Netflix app running on stock Android 6.0.1 that came with the box.

It is connected to a rather old 1080p Samsung 5-series TV. Dependent on the Netflix movie, it always displays 1080p, but at various refresh rates like 24, 50 or 60 Hz. Typing "o" on the wireless keyboard shows Netflix streaming at 720p. CPU usage is pretty high though, with one or more of the cores hitting 100% at times. Still, the picture plays flawlessly :)

Below's a log of what I did to get it working :

LibreELEC2:~ # wget getwidevine.sh

Connecting to nmacleod.com (212.23.8.80:80)

getwidevine.sh 100% |*******************************| 2130 0:00:00 ETA

LibreELEC2:~ # sh getwidevine.sh

Detected ARCH: arm

Download directory: /storage/.kodi/cdm

Downloading: libwidevinecdm.so for arm...

######################################################################### 100.0%

Successfully installed libwidevinecdm.so!

LibreELEC2:~ #

LibreELEC2:~ # python

Python 2.7.14 (default, Feb 13 2018, 01:44:00)

[GCC 7.3.0] on linux2

Type "help", "copyright", "credits" or "license" for more information.

>>> import Cryptodome

>>>

Add below data to the advancedsettings.xml in /storage/.kodi/userdata:

advancedsettings.xml:

<advancedsettings>

<cache>

<buffermode>1</buffermode>

<memorysize>157286400</memorysize>

<readfactor>20</readfactor>

</cache>

<loglevel>1</loglevel>

</advancedsettings>

LibreELEC2:~ # reboot

Interestingly, I also tested the KEY_DELETE earlier, but that didn't do anything here either :(

The other issue I have right now is that the KEY_HOME and/or KEY_HOMEPAGE don't do anything (tried both).

Shouldn't this bring you back to the Kodi home menu regardless of where you are?

I'm not an expert, and still very much learning... Thank you for the tip with the Keymap editor, will check that out!

redsquirrel87, didn't see you posted earlier regarding the M9C.

I started this morning to get the M9C max remote working. This is the keymaps.xml I'm using.

Am testing right now, seems to work.

By the way: I also recommend using Notepad++. Make sure you have only LF (line Feeds) between each command, there should be no CR (Carriage Returns). One can also fix this using the "replace" option and play with /n and /r.

M9C:

# table M9C type: NEC

0x40404d KEY_POWER

0x404043 KEY_MUTE

0x404017 KEY_VOLUMEDOWN

0x404018 KEY_VOLUMEUP

0x40400b KEY_UP

0x404010 KEY_LEFT

0x40400d KEY_ENTER

0x404011 KEY_RIGHT

0x40400e KEY_DOWN

0x40401a KEY_HOME

0x404045 KEY_MENU

0x404042 KEY_BACK

0x404047 KEY_CONTEXT_MENU

0x40400c KEY_BACKSPACE

0x404000 KEY_0

0x404001 KEY_1

0x404002 KEY_2

0x404003 KEY_3

0x404004 KEY_4

0x404005 KEY_5

0x404006 KEY_6

0x404007 KEY_7

0x404008 KEY_8

0x404009 KEY_9

rc_maps.cfg

# Keymaps table

#

# This table creates an association between a keycode file and a kernel

# driver. It can be used to automatically override a keycode definition.

#

#

# Format:

# driver - name of the driver provided via uevent - use * for any driver

# table - RC keymap table, provided via uevent - use * for any table

# file - file name. If directory is not specified, it is first looked up

# in /storage/.config/rc_keymaps, then /usr/lib/udev/rc_keymaps

#

# For example:

#

# driver table file

#

# gpio-rc-recv rc-streamzap streamzap

# gpio-rc-recv * justboom

# * rc-rc6-mce rc6_mce_new

# * * hauppauge_new

# table tanix, type: NEC

meson-ir * M9C

Hieha Q-box 2/16GB S905

USB, LAN & WIFI tested OK, works fine with kszaq's
    LibreELEC-S905.aarch64-7.0.3.010.img + gxbb_p200_2G_1Gbit.dtb

This box is sold under countless names and could have different internals.
    On the packaging it states "TT TV BOX Q".
    Came with Android 6.01 and Kodi Jarvis 16.1 preinstalled eventhough a sticker on the packaging stated Android 5.1.

Hieha Q Box Android 5.1 Smart TV BOX Amlogic S905 Streaming Media Player 2GB 16GB

I have a Q-Box too, I didn't use this device tree and used the default one. I'll try this and see if it works better (I have random freezes at boot).

Why don't you install LibreElec to NAND by the way? Is it because you really need to have a browser on the box and need to access Android?

Haven't yet installed it to NAND because I thought to test a bit more, but so far it works quite well booting from USB.

This device tree thing is confusing. I only tried the gxbb_p200_2G_1Gbit.dtb one, which was a bit of a gamble as I haven't opened the devive to check in detail what chips are used. I purchased the q-box from Amazon, and according to the specs it should have an S905 and 1Gbit LAN port. Still not sure about the WIFI chip used, but tested WIFI and it works fine.

I haven't found much reliable info on the internals of these Q-boxes. But I'm impressed with what you get for the money. The performance is much better then my old AMD based HTPC. But that one has 5.1 audio, and for the Q-box I ordered a separate USB 5.1 audio interface. That should arrive tomorrow, curious how things will work.

Funny thing is that on a packaging-label it states Android 5.1, but the device came with Android 6.01 and Kodi Jarvis 16.1 preinstalled. Didn't work well intially, had to delete a lot of annoying apps and reinstall Kodi...

Just want to give a thumbs up for Kazaq's libreelec 7.0.3.10 build, posted this also in the kodi forum.

It runs fine on my newly purchased S905 2/16GB Q-box.
    Burned the LibreELEC-S905.aarch64-7.0.3.010.img build with the gxbb_p200_2G_1Gbit.dtb device tree on an old USB stick using Rufus.
    After some messing and retrying (unplugged USB-remote-control stick and LAN, Rufus USB stick in the first USB port on the left), the Q-box booted libreelec using the toothpick method!

A cheap S905(X) box is IMO clearly the way to go if you want Kodi on a budget, while skipping all the noise and trouble that comes with Android.

The only thing I'm missing is a decent normal web browser in libreelec...

Thank you Kodi team and Kazaq!