LibreELEC build for S905/S905X with Kodi Krypton

• Thread is closed. Continue on [WIP] LlibreELEC 7.90 (alpha) builds for S905/S905X

Testing build LibreELEC with Kodi Krypton 17.0 beta 4

LibreELEC-S905.aarch64-8.0-devel-20161028074842-r0006.img.gz

SD card version base on kszaq's build 7.0.2.008.
    For installing use corresponding device tree blobs: device_trees

Release notes.

r0006:
    - execute permission for FW AP6356 wifi modul

r0005:
    - audio passthrough fix for pvr's;
    - added pvr's zattoo and mediaportal.tvserver;

r0004:
    - update to Krypton 17.0 beta 4;
    - fix for realtek wifi chip;

r0003:
    - latest patches from 7.0.2.008;
    - minor fixes in Video Rendering Manager;

r0002:
    - fixed broken mpeg2 hw decoding, but my recommendation is to use mpeg2 hw decoding only for HD;
    - patch for Geniatech HDstar DVB-S;

r0001:
    - small fixes;

r0000:
    - initial release;

Kodi Addons repository for Krypton is still incompleted.

For testing - Addons - pvr compiled by me.

Edited once, last by afl1 (October 30, 2016 at 11:27 AM).

• Testing build LibreELEC with Kodi Krypton 17.0 beta 3

LibreELEC-S905.aarch64-8.0-devel-20161016162512-r0002.img.gz

Release notes:
    - latest patches from 7.0.2.008
    - minor fixes in Video Rendering Manager

Kodi Addons repository for Krypton is still incompleted. For testing TVHeadend download pvr.hts.
    pvr.hts has issue: no AC3 audio passthrough, workarround: set audio channels 2.0 and enable AC3 transcoding.

Thanks for sharing. Is this build includes patches for S905X device? I meant, would it support 4K VP9?

• Yes, it is build on the latest kszaq"s build.

afl1, tested your build on M18 (MX64), CEC is working now! Thanks.

I haven't tested playback of any 4K video contents yet. I guess you already did a lot before you release it. I focused on the claim of audio out of sync on kszaq 008 build on the same device. ukmark62 specifically pointed out the exact case that it happened and I could repeat the same problem. I found no audio out of sync problem with your build, at least for the specific condition mentioned by ukmark62. That means, I watched the same episode twice on the same day.

• Testing build LibreELEC with Kodi Krypton 17.0 beta 3

LibreELEC-S905.aarch64-8.0-devel-20161016162512-r0002.img.gz

Release notes:
    - latest patches from 7.0.2.008
    - minor fixes in Video Rendering Manager

Kodi Addons repository for Krypton is still incompleted. For testing TVHeadend download pvr.hts.
    pvr.hts has issue: no AC3 audio passthrough, workarround: set audio channels 2.0 and enable AC3 transcoding.

Good job.
    All right so far.

• afl1 Thank you for sharing you build.

I will start posting mine soon, I want to have it sorted out properly git-wise.

Okay, this is only test build without any ambition to fork your builds.

Edited once, last by afl1 (October 17, 2016 at 9:01 AM).

• Okay, this is only test build without any ambition to fork your builds.

Thanks afl1, btw do you intend to bake Libreelec Extended (escalade) version which support retroplayer? as far nobody build retroplayer for amlogic devices yet
    way to go buddy :)
    ps: i'm using vuplus/enigma2 addons, can i use the jarvis version?

Edited once, last by 2ami (October 17, 2016 at 11:25 AM).

• Thanks afl1, btw do you intend to bake Libreelec Extended (escalade) version which support retroplayer? as far nobody build retroplayer for amlogic devices yet
    way to go buddy :)
    ps: i'm using vuplus/enigma2 addons, can i use the jarvis version?

Jarvis pvr-s are incompatible with Krypton, but I can compile versions for Krypton.

Edited once, last by afl1 (October 17, 2016 at 1:26 PM).

• can we Update from kszaq le 702008 to this krypton version using update folder method?

You can, but it's not a great idea to go to krypton and then back to jarvis.
    Image your sd card, write the image to another sd card or usb stick, 'upgrade' running the copy and you're safe.

• after trying, i upgraded from lwidiff LE Krypton,
    -boot from 1gb took 8 sec till on menu
    -i found out ps3 sixais doesnt do anything although paired and connected
    -watching tv from enigma box through bouquette m3u :
    sd channel = sometime ok, sometime black screen only audio
    4k ch hevc 2160 = i swear it is so smooth but hd ch 1080p x264 = buffering and stuttering and sometime stuck when bufferring
    [hr]
    its awesome to have so many talented programmer involve in developing LE, where ia amlogic? they should financialy support these guys, without them i believe htpc user won't migrate to small box

Edited once, last by 2ami (October 17, 2016 at 7:06 PM).

• Jarvis pvr-s are incompatible with Krypton, but I can compile versions for Krypton.

If it's not too much trouble I would love to have the mythTV pvr compiled for Krypton. I copied my Jarvis to another SD card and upgraded to your Krypton test build. Very nice! Thanks for posting.

Sent from my One using Tapatalk

• Well done for getting a test up with Krypton.

I installed this version today on my MiniMx 1g / 8g on Nand. Straight over from kszaq .008 build.
    Copied your file plus my working .008 dtb into update folder and re booted.
    Waited 45 minutes for the Kodi Add-on Migration screen to finish.
    I pulled out power and replugged. That was as long as i was going to wait HA!
    Powered up all good to estuary skin. I left my jarvis add-on build on there just to see what happens.
    My App/TV skin hasn't ported to Krypton yet so off i went with estuary.
    First impressions of the skin were it is not bad until i started finding my way around the GUI.
    After an hour "I tossed it". Looks too much like a Tablet Interface and too many clicks getting around to nowhere.

Playback so far has been pretty good with no real issues i have seen.

The one and only real problem is that Live Streams that buffer in the first 5 seconds of start up will
    never recover to normal playback. If a stream buffers , playback will freeze and stopping playback is the only option or i get throw outs.
    The buffer wheel in the middle of the screen may or may not show up. If it does, it shows 63% then 0% without the playback ever resumed. Something messed up there. This could be a Kodi Issue.
    I will keep this box on Krypton to test down the track.
    For those reading this post and only have one box for Kodi. "DONT RUSH FOR KRYPTON" as there is nothing worth jumping to. Very BETA.
    :)