7.0.2.008 build for S905/S905X

• for the remote mapping i recommend to use priority 1.remote.conf on root of boot partition 2. remote.conf internal nand, 3. remote.conf amlogic universal :exclamation:

The current priority is as follows:
    1. remote.conf in Configfiles folder
    2. remote.conf on root boot partition
    3. remote.conf in SYSTEM partition (if present) - there is no "universal" one, unfortunately.

@kszaq....thought it polite to give you an update on my saga with my beelink min mxiii. Thanks to your help I managed to get it to work again using the (fresh install) 2.0.8 fix.img via sd card and then installtointernal........works a treat except the issue with the back button not working but fixed that with keymap editor. i then did exactly the same with my new A95X Nexbox 1gb/8gb and it again works great except for the back button issue but that is now sorted. I just wanted to ask if anyone else has noticed that the wifi with the original device tree on the A95X Nexbox is very very poor. Has anyone tried it with one of kszaq's device trees and if so does the wifi work well?

Thank you for an update. Back button has been fixed in development version, it will also be available in next "official" build. For your Nexbox you should try "Realtek" device tree - if you have S905 and not S905X inside. You should also test WiFi close to your router first. Some of the boxes have poor antennas - I'm not calling Nexbox here, I don't know how they are built. An example: in the same spot I'm getting 150Mb/s negotiated rate with my WeTek Hub (good external antenna), while a box with poor quality internal antenna is only 12Mb/s.

Edited once, last by kszaq (October 23, 2016 at 5:23 PM).

• The current priority is as follows:
    1. remote.conf in Configfiles folder
    2. remote.conf on root boot partition
    3. remote.conf in SYSTEM partition (if present) - there is no "universal" one, unfortunately.

Thank you for an update. Back button has been fixed in development version, it will also be available in next "official" build. For your Nexbox you should try "Realtek" device tree - if you have S905 and not S905X inside. You should also test WiFi close to your router first. Some of the boxes have poor antennas - I'm not calling Nexbox here, I don't know how they are built. An example: in the same spot I'm getting 150Mb/s negotiated rate with my WeTek Hub (good external antenna), while a box with poor quality internal antenna is only 12Mb/s.

Thanks kszaq, I have the S905x so will just keep it hard wired .....it works great. Many thanks.

• When Kodi freeze/crash there is a lot of free memory, my test install is minimal : only one add-on (artetv from kodi repo), no lib and nothing else...
    The same stream works perfectly on kodi+android.
    I can use kodi on android it is not so bad on my NexBox but I prefer LE (at least on i86/64 until now).

I have found that using GUI in browsing add-on files and library files in the home network etc, causes available memory to get down to under 180mb available and then a freeze.
    It is no big deal for me just an observation on when it happens.

Can you please test a new development build I've just uploaded? I have added a patch for EGL rendering that supposedly fixes some GL-related leak. I'm not able to reproduce it and I'd be greatful if you can tell me whether things are improved or not. This is the build: LibreELEC-S905.aarch64-7.0-devel-20161023234951-r23404-g0b27f28.img.gz (when upgrading from .008 you don't need to include a device tree in your update process)

This build also has the same approach to a/v sync as 2016-10-18 devel as this was so far the best one. VQ drops to ~0% but I don't notice any stuttering because of this.

• Can you please test a new development build I've just uploaded? I have added a patch for EGL rendering that supposedly fixes some GL-related leak. I'm not able to reproduce it and I'd be greatful if you can tell me whether things are improved or not. This is the build: LibreELEC-S905.aarch64-7.0-devel-20161023234951-r23404-g0b27f28.img.gz (when upgrading from .008 you don't need to include a device tree in your update process)

This build also has the same approach to a/v sync as 2016-10-18 devel as this was so far the best one. VQ drops to ~0% but I don't notice any stuttering because of this.

i'll try this build and will report back after 24 hours, I find the more i use the box the more it fills up since i leave the box on 24/7. With the last devl release after 2 days it has used 36% RAM. 15 days was the longest one of my boxes had survived being on at which point RAM was about 55% used, had to reboot because i wanted to upgrade from 007 to 008.

I hardly have freezing since 007 the 2GB really makes a difference.

Will 009 still be using Kodi 16.1? I'm in no rush to upgrade and rather have the bugs fixed. Krypton will case me some headache with sql and skins, always have to be careful with major releases.

Edited once, last by JonSnow (October 23, 2016 at 11:40 PM).

• Hi kszaq

Compiling from git my "ok" button not works anymore

For your reference this is my remote conf, version .008 is working fine

Rollback to this version works for me.

Can you please explain a little bit the problem with the "sed" command? maybe I can help.

BTW The issues tab is disabled on your github repo. Should be a good idea enable it to track development issues.

Edited once, last by CGarces (October 24, 2016 at 12:35 AM).

• I have found that using GUI in browsing add-on files and library files in the home network etc, causes available memory to get down to under 180mb available and then a freeze.

Can you please test a new development build I've just uploaded? I have added a patch for EGL rendering that supposedly fixes some GL-related leak. I'm not able to reproduce it and I'd be greatful if you can tell me whether things are improved or not. This is the build: http://kszaq.libreelec.tv/s905/devel/201...f28.img.gz (when upgrading from .008 you don't need to include a device tree in your update process)

Well done kszaq.
    Massive improvement.
    I punished this test build by going 1 hour of randomly going through the GUI , playing videos for 1 minute or so, stopping playback and flying through my network library playing files and stopping them at random.
    This behaviour is not real world for a normal user but i did it to see what would happen.

I got the memory down to 124mb available but the important thing is the box did not freeze as before.
    I cannot get it to freeze.
    I tried very hard to freeze it with the above testing but i could not do it.
    Worth noting also is the box did not show performance decline even when i got to only 124mb free memory.

Tested using A95x S905 Nexbox 1gb ram / 8gb

I will leave it on and start back on it later to see if i can freeze it.

• I've tried 2016-10-18-vq and 2016-10-23 builds (NAND).. lip sync seems off for me on movies (the only content I have), so I manually set the delay to -225ms which seems to improve things although its a delicate art to find whats right. Beelink MiniMx 2G here.

When a movie starts, audio starts playing first then about a second later the picture kicks in.. is that usual? Maybe its just my TV taking a second to change to 24hz mode.

Last time lipsync was good for me was in version "006 + 4K FIXv5" aka LibreELEC-S905.aarch64-7.0-devel-20160823000938-r23288-gae76525.tar

Edited once, last by RowanDDR (October 24, 2016 at 1:48 AM).

• Can you please test a new development build I've just uploaded? I have added a patch for EGL rendering that supposedly fixes some GL-related leak. I'm not able to reproduce it and I'd be greatful if you can tell me whether things are improved or not. This is the build: LibreELEC-S905.aarch64-7.0-devel-20161023234951-r23404-g0b27f28.img.gz (when upgrading from .008 you don't need to include a device tree in your update process)

Hi,

I tested the build yesterday night. The good: TVheadend channels now start very quickly (2-4s) with SD, HD and 4K all the same. The bad: When playing videos from files, a bit of the picture is missing at the start. Also, it failed playing a specific mkv smoothly that worked fine with the version before (a movie that I had started earlier and wanted to finish). I will check that file again this evening.

• Hi, i'm on build 007. I can't seem to play this video avi correctly. I can hear the sound but i dont see any video. Instead if i use vlc all is okay. I uploaded an excerpt of this video. It's about 18 mb. I wonder if the build 008 is able to play it correctly.
    1fichier.com: Cloud Storage
    To download it more easily you can use jdownloader.

Edited once, last by Leonxy69 (October 24, 2016 at 11:00 AM).

• that file is 1920x1080 MSMPEG4 video. Amlogic MPEG4 hardware decoding works reliable for only a limited range of encoding options and settings.

That is an old Microsoft MPEG4 version 2 licensed codec.
    Don't even worry about getting this to work.
    VLC on my mac played it but not real good quality.

• Hello...

I have an Android TV box, Mini M8S II with Amlogic S905X and i have erased Android and installed in NAND the latest version of LibreEELC 7.0.2.008 with Kodi Pulse CCM latest version (fresh install)...

Everything is alright and working fine (CEC, passthrough, remote etc.) except that the box freezes at random times...

I have tried to check if the temperature is the reason for this with no effect... I changed the thermal pad, i even opened the bottom of the box so the heat goes out more easily with no results...

Every time i see an episode of 50 minutes the box will freeze at least once (two times is very rare)... The odd thing is that it does not happen at the start but from the middle to the end of the episode, that is 30+ minutes after the start... Also sometimes (again rarely) this happens when i am in Kodi menu...

Does anybody has any idea why this is happening? Is it LibreELEC or the box itself?

I do not use any addons, videos are stored in a NAS and played from Kodi library and the samea happens when running from SD Card instead of NAND...

Also i attach Kodi logfiles...

Thank you in advance for your help...

Best regards...

• I do not use any addons, videos are stored in a NAS and played from Kodi library and the samea happens when running from SD Card instead of NAND...

You asked the same question in link above and were asked to post a log by DaVu , Who Clearly advised you "Be aware, that we don´t support video streaming addons that provide pirated content." see below.
    Be straight with us when asking for help as we can't be misled with what you have loaded on your box and then try and help you which is a waste of time.
    It's a waste of time because looking at your logs , what you have installed on that box is guaranteed to make it run like a pig.