7.0.2.008 build for S905/S905X

• Help please!
    First of all can I say what great work on getting LE to run so well on these boxes.
    I have a nexbox a95x with the 905x and everything is working well except the remote. I have found a conf file and put it in . config folder but the remote still doesn't work am I doing something wrong?

• Help please!
    First of all can I say what great work on getting LE to run so well on these boxes.
    I have a nexbox a95x with the 905x and everything is working well except the remote. I have found a conf file and put it in . config folder but the remote still doesn't work am I doing something wrong?

I have similar problems - on my A95X (S905 non X) on 008, the OEM remote is working with a few annoying quirks (back button starts Live TV etc.), but my Mele M10 Deluxe air mouse remote does not work at all. Is someone with the knowledge and/or experience kind enough to help?

Where did you get the conf file?

• I have similar problems - on my A95X (S905 non X) on 008, the OEM remote is working with a few annoying quirks (back button starts Live TV etc.), but my Mele M10 Deluxe air mouse remote does not work at all. Is someone with the knowledge and/or experience kind enough to help?

Where did you get the conf file?

My sumvision air mouse works fine, having a USB dongle, it the standard remote that is the problem. I found the conf file at freaktab. I have attached the zip file

• I also add 4K 60FPS HEVC file which has same problem.
    Can you try below?
    1. Open and Play any 4K 60FPS HEVC file.
    2. Push home button on your remote.
    3. Extract Full Screen.
    4. Check syncing problem.

The ts file played perfectly. When just watch.
    Only when I go to home screen, then is noticeable out of sync.
    But why need to go home menu?

• Hum, on mi mini m8s II I got all 3 issues:

1) back key not working anymore on remote
    2) wifi slow... it's 650Kb/sec while before I was above 1200
    3) h265 black frames/fade to black desync issue (after 15 seconds, I press left on the remote rewinding 10 seconds and getting in sync again...)

• Hum, on mi mini m8s II I got all 3 issues:

1) back key not working anymore on remote
    2) wifi slow... it's 650Kb/sec while before I was above 1200
    3) h265 black frames/fade to black desync issue (after 15 seconds, I press left on the remote rewinding 10 seconds and getting in sync again...)

Welcome newbie
    Please advise and confirm your chipset. S905 or S905x
    Ram 1gb or 2gb.
    Version of LE and SD card or Nand Internal.
    The device tree you used.

Edited once, last by kostaman (October 18, 2016 at 9:48 AM).

• T95m - 2/100
    SDcard install, OK and working
    NAND done and working

But I have noticed that the actual quality of my videos (various) looks a little poor, has there been a new player/codec used on this build? the actual screens look 'grainy' All settings as standard, same unit as tested before. I also have the return of the missing few seconds of video playback, and I have checked the audio settings etc.

AGAIN note that this is not a complaint, merely observations for others to check or advise.

Cheers mate

• You could trying creating the image to a usb or sd card, then ensuring you have the correct dtb, try rebooting. the usb or sd

I know you will have lost your settings, but it will prove if the dtb is the correct one. Make sense?

I think some people have had trouble, with read write access to there box. I did, when using coreftplite

Luckily, I did not have to install everything from the scratch
    (and lose all my settings/data).

I just copied several device tree files and renamed it to dtb.img
    to the SD card until I had the right one. :D

With gxbb_p200_1G_100m OR gxbb_p200_1G_100m_RealtekWiFi
    it worked/booted up fine. I cannot remember, with which I ended up.
    The 1Gbit files did not work for me. I do NOT use WiFi, just Ethernet.

This is for the Otterbox Nexbox MXQ Pro 4K, just in case someone
    else has this problem, too.

[hr]

I have the same issue with the back button, too,
    BUT I found out, the back button on the lower end
    of the remote works instead. It looks like a delete/back
    button.

Something like this:

<x

just in a square (the x). There must be a mix-up or
    so.

Edited once, last by sYCO (October 18, 2016 at 11:12 AM).

• The ts file played perfectly. When just watch.
    Only when I go to home screen, then is noticeable out of sync.
    But why need to go home menu?

I've found it during test.
    kszaq's former devel version works fine.
    High bitrate HEVC file has same problem.(24fps, 60fps, not 30fps)
    I can't share High bitrate HEVC file because it's too big(over 40GB) and copyright.
    And I'm not sure that is related out of sync.
    But Clearly it is problem.

• Next idea on audio/video sync to test: LibreELEC-S905.aarch64-7.0-devel-20161017222824-r23391-g1d4bb98.img.gz

The same things as with previous test build apply:

• this build has not been tested at all since I'm not home - it's an idea to test
    • if you're updating from earlier than .007, update device tree according to first post

[hr]

What happens when you select HDMI output? Does optical work at that point?

Hi kszaq,

No change I'm afraid :(

The file that wkchick provided in post #196 (LibreELEC) gives the evidence. The part I test starts at 16 mins 45 seconds - there's a scene where the the winnebago reverses from a crowd and then the scene transition goes black (intentional). Then the out of sync occurs on the next speaking part at about 17 mins 35 seconds. Just skip to that part and hopefully you will see the problem.

When using 007 these scene transitions don't cause an issue, whereas in 008 the black screen lasts a couple of seconds longer. As wkchick points out, it appears to be something to do with 'black screen' scene transitions - they are 'stretched out' and run longer by a couple of seconds using 008 (causing the sync issue), whereas in 007 all is fine.

Thanks for your efforts!!

UPDATE: Just tried watching Westworld S01E03 (web download) using 008 and the sync problem again starts at a 'black screen' scene transition. I also notice that immediately before the screen goes black during the transition, that the video momentarily (but noticeably) starts to slow down (this happens maybe 1-2 seconds before the scene transition starts). With this specific video the problem starts at 20 minutes in. However, there is an earlier black screen scene transition (a shorter transition) and I had to delay the audio by 0.250 seconds after that transition to get a/v back perfectly in synch. So there does appear to be a general problem caused by black screen scene transitions which causes the audio to get ahead of the video. It will get progressively worse the more black screen scene transitions there are.

All works fine on 007.

Edited once, last by ukmark62 (October 18, 2016 at 1:18 PM).

• Can someone please tell me if the "mouse" on the remote control for Mini-MX and/or Mini-MXiii is supposed to work on Libreelec ? I have only had it working on android. Thanks.

• Can someone please tell me if the "mouse" on the remote control for Mini-MX and/or Mini-MXiii is supposed to work on Libreelec ? I have only had it working on android. Thanks.

Why do you even want to use that on LE? I see zero benefits from using the mouse on the IR remote.

If you get a proper RF air mouse i know that works, i suspect the IR will as well but i purposely disabled the mouse in LE.

• I've found it during test.
    kszaq's former devel version works fine.
    High bitrate HEVC file has same problem.(24fps, 60fps, not 30fps)
    I can't share High bitrate HEVC file because it's too big(over 40GB) and copyright.
    And I'm not sure that is related out of sync.
    But Clearly it is problem.

Hi. I switched to 008 and tested with both 4k HEVC DBV-S2 streams and local files that I encoded myself (8 MBit/s FHD HEVC Main and Main10 profile) and cannot trigger the bug with them. I did not download that ominous file from mega.

What are your audio settings? Maybe there is a difference.

• Why do you even want to use that on LE? I see zero benefits from using the mouse on the IR remote.

If you get a proper RF air mouse i know that works, i suspect the IR will as well but i purposely disabled the mouse in LE.

In some builds/addons you need to click on things that the remote doesn't get to otherwise and I dont want yet another 'remote' it would just be nice if the pre-existing functionality was available. It doesn't work here on either of my boxes and would like it to.