7.0.2.008 build for S905/S905X

• i have tried the latest version with my 95x nexbox and it still won't go off of the nexbox splash screen when trying to boot... I have also tried changing dtb file to the one in the device tree then it boots to an error screen about debugger started. anyone else have this problem

• All seems to be up and running and working nicely with my Mini MX III. Wifi Appears to be working but not 100% as I'm wired but I can see the wireless access point on the device. I used gxbb_p200_2G_1Gbit_RealtekWiFi.dtb.

Edited once, last by Hans Gruber (October 14, 2016 at 10:23 AM).

• i have tried the latest version with my 95x nexbox and it still won't go off of the nexbox splash screen when trying to boot... I have also tried changing dtb file to the one in the device tree then it boots to an error screen about debugger started. anyone else have this problem

Did you read this #22

I think you should because we have no idea what chip you have and no idea of your ram.

• All seems to be up and running and working nicely with my Mini MX III. Wifi Appears to be working but not 100% as I'm wired but I can see the wireless access point on the device. I used gxbb_p200_2G_1Gbit_RealtekWiFi.dtb.

Does suspend work for you?

• Hi kszaq finally all is fine for me but FYI i have to do the following things: (on mini mx 1GB/8GB)
    1 The "back" button opened the epg guide instead of simply go back. I have to remap it to

Code
    <key id="61509">Back</key>

2 Once update following your update instruction audio was Not fine as kostaman also said. So i redownload the dtb and manually update it with

Code
    dd if=dtb.img of=/dev/dtb bs=256k

After reboot all seems fine and no more audio/video buffer problem with live tv thanks
    of course i need more time to test deeply
    Again thanks

• Have v007 installed and working 100% on NAND on my Beelink MX64 - (S905 CPU, 2gb RAM and 8gb FLASH - 1gb ethernet and ap6330 wifi module with OTG port)

Downloaded v008 img.gz and used rufus v2.11.995 to load on to 32GBmicro SD card. Then downloaded new device tree from v008 folder (gxbb_p200_2G_1Gbit_OTG_Port.dtb and renamed it to dtb.img and copied this to SD card.) This is what I did for v007 previously (but using the v007 folder instead).

When performing toothpick install, I get error :-

"Error in mount flash: mount_common: could not mount LABEL=BOOT"
    "starting debugging shell... type exit to quit"
    "ssh: can't access tty: job control turned off".

BOOT is the label of my micro SD card.

I have tried re-applying aml_autoscript on blank sd card with toothpick and then tyring to install v008 again, but still get the above error.

I think I have followed the install steps correctly !?

Any ideas?

Cheers.

EDIT: After reading the 'Update' instructions further I realized that I should update my SD card version v007 of LE using the '.Update' folder method by copying the v008 img.gz file and the new dtb.img to the '.update' folder within LE. I tried this and it worked. I was so used to installing a new version on the SD card (until v007) that I did not notice this method. This method of using the '.update' folder is much easier. Thanks again kszaq!!

Edited once, last by ukmark62 (October 14, 2016 at 11:29 AM).

• 2 Once update following your update instruction audio was Not fine as kostaman also said.

I have just had the issue with MiniMx g or whatever this thing is known by. S905 2gb/16gb. All black no Beelink branding.

I had the same stuttering BUT i put the files a second time into UPDATE folder and rebooted .
    Now 48000hz streams work. No idea what is going on here,
    I tried doing the same thing with the MiniM8sPro S905 BUT that didn't fix it.
    I will try your method and report back.
    [hr]

kostaman @anthonex Do you have LE installed on internal memory?

Yes

Edited once, last by kostaman (October 14, 2016 at 11:15 AM).

• Have v007 installed and working 100% on NAND on my Beelink MX64 - (S905 CPU, 2gb RAM and 8gb FLASH - 1gb ethernet and ap6330 wifi module with OTG port)

If you already had LibreELEC installed why didn't you just use the update method?
    Update method worked great on my A95X ;) thanks kszaq!

• Help me out with this command Please.
    I copy dtb.img to backup folder as an example.
    So the command is ?
    I am not too good with paths in command. :huh:

Of course :) you have to connect to the box through ssh and then going in the directory in which you have copied the dtb so:

Code
    cd backup #or cd Backup i don't remember if it has uppercase 
    dd if=nameofdtb of=/dev/dtb bs=265k

nameofdtb is the name of the dtb file that you have downloaded for example if you downloaded "gxbb_p200_1G_100M.dtb" put if=gxbb_p200_1G_100M.dtb or simply rename it as you like

• If you already had LibreELEC installed why didn't you just use the update method?
    Update method worked great on my A95X ;) thanks kszaq!

Thanks for the heads up!

I was so used to installing new SD card versions via the toothpick method that I did not notice this way. This method of using the '.update' folder is much easier!

I've modified my original post with this finding.

Cheers.

Edited once, last by ukmark62 (October 14, 2016 at 11:28 AM).

• Help me out with this command Please.
    I copy dtb.img to backup folder as an example.
    So the command is ?
    I am not too good with paths in command. :huh:

I wouldn't be using the 'dd' method if you're not familiar with using linux, also last time I used it, it didn't update the devel version correctly....
    For windows users you want to use putty to ssh into your box......linux ssh is built in :D

• LE v008 installed on K2pro sdcard. All working. I have experiened the error mention above when using LE v007. what i done, don't releash toothpick during installation untill box running, bootlogo,reboot,bootlogo then kodi jarvis logo. at this point you can releash press reset button usin toothpick...thanks

Edited once, last by qashaf (October 14, 2016 at 11:51 AM).

• I wouldn't be using the 'dd' method if you're not familiar with using linux, also last time I used it, it didn't update the devel version correctly....
    For windows users you want to use putty to ssh into your box......linux ssh is built in

I use Mac and SSH using Terminal. Never had any issues installing except when my command was incorrect so i am very careful.

Of course :exclamation: you have to connect to the box through ssh and then going in the directory in which you have copied the dtb so:

Code
    cd backup #or cd Backup i don't remember if it has uppercase 
    dd if=nameofdtb of=/dev/dtb bs=265k

nameofdtb is the name of the dtb file that you have downloaded for example if you downloaded "gxbb_p200_1G_100M.dtb" put if=gxbb_p200_1G_100M.dtb or simply rename it as you like

Whoah. Kind of got it. Worked it out. Below.
    LibreELEC (community) Version: 7.0.2.008LibreELEC:~ # dd if=/storage/backup/dtb.img of=/dev/dtb bs=256k0+1 records in0+1 records out38311 bytes (37.4KB) copied, 0.047250 seconds, 791.8KB/s

Guess What ? It worked.
    44000_Hz live streaming Working.

So something has gone amiss with the device tree loading during update.
    kszaq

• I use Mac and SSH using Terminal. Never had any issues installing except when my command was incorrect so i am very careful.

Whoah. Kind of got it. Worked it out. Below.
    LibreELEC (community) Version: 7.0.2.008LibreELEC:~ # dd if=/storage/backup/dtb.img of=/dev/dtb bs=256k0+1 records in0+1 records out38311 bytes (37.4KB) copied, 0.047250 seconds, 791.8KB/s

Guess What ? It worked.
    44000_Hz live streaming Working.

So something has gone amiss with the device tree loading during update.
    kszaq

Nice to hear ;)

• Upgraded my 2 boxes, the Nexbox A95X (1/8GB) and KIII (2/16GB) on USB. Both successful!

On my Nexbox A95X, connected to a Sony TV, the RGB issue (fixed output_rgb that forces RGB output) returned, which was resolved on the .007 versions.

Great job btw making the available to the community!