FiveNinjas Slice LibreELEC preview build

• noggin The server is down (or just no longer on the interweb) at the moment - will be back as soon as we can locate someone to fix it!

Thanks Milhouse
    [hr]
    Don't suppose anyone has a recent build stored locally they could provide a link to do they? Would love to try my CM3 in my Slice. No worries if people don't have time, or if this isn't 'the done thing'.

Edited once, last by noggin (January 27, 2017 at 12:55 AM).

• chewitt

Is there a way to stress the CPU(s) without playing a movie? I just want to test the heatsink for a while. On the 'Pi I use# time echo "scale=3000;4*a(1)" | bc -l & IS there a way in Libre / Kodi?

Thanks
    Roger

• chewitt

Is there a way to stress the CPU(s) without playing a movie? I just want to test the heatsink for a while. On the 'Pi I use# time echo "scale=3000;4*a(1)" | bc -l & IS there a way in Libre / Kodi?

Thanks
    Roger

Something like this should work.

External Content gist.github.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• Something like this should work.

Thanks, the for loop has a bug but the command works fine and setting 4 of them off warms my Slice nicely but after 1 hr I could not get it to go above 50 Dec C. Without heatsink, inside a minute it will start to throttle back the clock at 80 Deg C. Of course I know my heatsink is overkill here #162 but it does the job nicely.
    Thanks
    Roger

• hi chewitt

I see you have updated the download page with a ...95.2 and a 95.3

Is there anywhere you show that these have been updated and a change log. That way we can test for you ;)

thanks
    Roger

• Slice/Slice3 builds are 99.99% the same as RPi/RPi2 so you can follow the normal LE release notes and GitHub for changes. The sole differences in these builds are the handful of patches for the Slice audio overlays and LED driver. Unless something breaks I intend to spend as little time as possible on them because (being a pi in disguise) Slice is VERY reliable and requires almost zero effort/maintenance :)

• Slice/Slice3 builds are 99.99% the same as RPi/RPi2 so you can follow the normal LE release notes and GitHub for changes. The sole differences in these builds are the handful of patches for the Slice audio overlays and LED driver. Unless something breaks I intend to spend as little time as possible on them because (being a pi in disguise) Slice is VERY reliable and requires almost zero effort/maintenance :)

Hi Chewitt,

Please could you explain what the -noobs.tar file in Index of /slice/ is for?
    The other two I'm fine with, but I'm particularly interested in the noobs one, will it actually give a noobs instalation, so I could also insatall Raspbian on a CM3? (I realise that there is almost no spare room in the 4GB flash, so I have in the past moved Raspbian to the hard disk).
    If so how do I go about using it. Do I need to get a working Libreelec/Kodi and place it in the update folder?
    LibreELEC-Slice3.arm-7.95.3-noobs.tar
    Thanks,
    Kevin.

Edited once, last by bleep42 (February 15, 2017 at 5:26 PM).

• When will LibreELEC (Krypton) v8.0.0 RELEASE be released for the Slice Media Player as I am eagerly waiting for it becuase when i went to the available versions there were no new available versions to choose from so please tell me when the Slice will be able to update to 8.0.0

Thank You

• When will LibreELEC (Krypton) v8.0.0 RELEASE be released for the Slice Media Player as I am eagerly waiting for it becuase when i went to the available versions there were no new available versions to choose from so please tell me when the Slice will be able to update to 8.0.0

Thank You

It's been out for almost a week now. The link is in the first post

• It's been out for almost a week now. The link is in the first post

Sorry for the basic questions, but the last several updates were available via the 8.0 channel on the slice menu (i.e. 7.95.1 and 2), why would 8.0.0 not show up there?
    So we must download the 8.0.0 from link and install manually? like I first did with LibreElec.
    Cheers