FiveNinjas Slice LibreELEC preview build

• I've seen a couple of reports (on other builds, it's nothing Slice specific) where people aren't seeing 8.0.0 in the lists of available manual updates. This can only be an issue with mirror servers as the JSON file queried by the settings add-on is 100% correct on our servers.

I see, Thanks; Will the mirror issue be resolved at some point, so wait for the update to show in the list of available updates? (since I'm not in a rush)

• ...and we have no idea which mirror you're talking to.

Nor do I; ..BUT in the meantime, my Slice locked up for some reason so I had to reboot (i.e, pull the plug), and upon reboot I had a version 8.0 (and 7.95.3) listed as available update! Either the mirrors happened to fix themselves at just the right time ..or.. a reboot was needed to get the updates to show up.
    Cheers

• I've seen a couple of reports (on other builds, it's nothing Slice specific) where people aren't seeing 8.0.0 in the lists of available manual updates. This can only be an issue with mirror servers as the JSON file queried by the settings add-on is 100% correct on our servers.

Agree - I have seen this on the Pi versions also.

What I found was that if you enabled 'Show Custom Channels' and then disabled again then 8.0.0 showed up.

• My official slice branded RF remote fails to work with LibreElec v8.0.1. Any ideas?

In windows it work as a wireless keyboard.

HID Keyboard device
    HID\VID_4710&PID_4910&REV_0001&Col01
    HID\VID_4710&PID_4910&Col01
    HID_DEVICE_SYSTEM_KEYBOARD
    HID_DEVICE_UP:0001_U:0006
    HID_DEVICE

• It's hard to comment. My Slice CM3 box died (suspect kids or wife plugged the wrong PSU into it) so I cannot test anything, but I never had issues with the RF remote before. It's not a general issue - else other users would be flagging the problem.

broken hardware. the device works 7/10 in the single USB port and 1/10 in the double usb port. I think the dongle is on it last legs. from the slice forums I hear nothing but back news about the remote.

thanks for the speedy reply matey.

• I need help with the CM3 upgrade. I've tried both the automated and manual (Windows, Cygwin) methods and both result in a "failed to write correct length, returned 0" error.

Furthermore, the automated method identifies the CM3 board as a Microsoft XBox controller Type S. The manual Cygwin method does get the proper device entry, but again returns the "failed to write correct length, returned 0" error.

Thanks!

SOLVED. Use a USB 2.0 port, not 3.

Edited once, last by cenotaph: Posted solution. (May 30, 2017 at 11:59 PM).

• Hi chewitt

Thanks very much for your latest 8.0.2 build it is working great. :)

I've been following the Kodi 18 - LibreELEC Testbuilds and the improvements they have managed to achieve playing h265 (HEVC), I was intrigued to notice that your latest build seems to be almost as good at playing higher resolution 1920x1080 (1080p) and quality h265 as the Kodi 18 test build? is this because the improvements are mainly in the kernel and you are using the latest kernel, or have you been able to sneak them in somehow?

Whatever the reason I'm very happy. :) Thank you.

Regards,

Kevin.

• This is a LibreELEC image for the FiveNinjas "Slice" box based on the standard RPi and RPi2 image(s) with patches to support the CS4265 audio DAC and WS2812 LED ring in the Slice box. Other features like lirc disable and log submission have been incorporated into the main LibreELEC image. As the original SliceOS skin was never updated for Krypton (and has font licensing issues) the image uses Estuary. To achieve a more Slice-blue look set the "midnight" colour scheme.

GitHub sources for the images are normally up to date here: GitHub - chewitt/LibreELEC.tv at slice-8.0

Instructions for updating SliceOS and clean-install images for CM(1) and CM3 cards are on the website: downloads – LibreELEC

NB: Please post all questions to this thread. I will not answer PM messages!

Enjoy :)

Hi there

I am trying to flash a new CM3 in my Slice - and can't find an img.gz file to download on the LibreElec downloads section - just a manual .tar update file?

Am I missing something? Is there a way of flashing a clean new install with the .tar file?

**EDIT - Phew, found the image in this blog post : LibreELEC (Krypton) v8.1.0 BETA – LibreELEC **

Would be useful if the Slice option on the main LibreElec download page included it too :)

• If you use the USB/SD creator app all you need to do it point/click in the GUI ..

Yep - in hindsight I didn't check that, partially because I was using Windows to flash the CM and I was doing the rest of it in MacOS on my Mac...

• Hi Chewitt,

I've installed 8.1.0 all seems to be good except LED patterns, some work, others like fast rewind and the shutting down red pattern do not, all of the .png patterns seem to be present in /usr/share/kodi/addons/service.slice/resources/media/ledpatterns/ although I thought they used to be in /usr/share/kodi/media/ledpatterns ?

Any ideas?

Thanks for your time.

Regards,

Kevin.