PI4 and 3D mvc not working

• 3D MVC on build 9.2.8 behaves just like 9.2.6.

Display is okay but sometimes there are difficulties with misaligned .sup subtitles which looks like an old misbehaviour of some Kodi versions.

In the past I've used an RPI2B but I wanted something beefier so I got the RPI3B+ because the RPI4 doesn't do 3D MVC (yet).

• Just thought i'd ask because this Thread has been open for some time now.
    Since apparently there is no roadmap to fix/implement this on the pi 4 i will have to assume that it will not happen anytime soon.
    I know that 3D Stuff at home is not the largest market and declining and such implementations are therefore not a priority.

Still would have been nice to be able to play my 3D Videos on the pi4.
    Guess I will have to try using a small pc with vlc player or something like that.
    Thanks for the Update and the great work you guys do with libreelec :)

• Hi. I have a Pi 400 and a projector with 3d capabilities. Reading about I see that 3d isn't high in the priorities list (somehow understandable). I want to ask if the issue of Pi 400 not been able to play 3d is due to some limitation on hardware or software? Can I install an older version of Libreelec on Pi 400 that will allow me to play 3d videos? Thanks.

• Still would have been nice to be able to play my 3D Videos on the pi4.

Agreed. Right now I use a Vero-4K+ for my main TV to play both 4K and 3D-MVC. It would be nice to be able to use a Pi4....since I have several of them....to connect to my other TV's.

For commercial streaming services I still rely on my Roku, Shield and other streaming devices because of all the encryption limitations.

• Can I install an older version of Libreelec on Pi 400 that will allow me to play 3d videos? Thanks.

It's a software issue, not hardware. You might be able to run the older LE9.2 image (which supports 3D). I have fuzzy memeory there may be newer iterations of the 400 that need firmware newer than what's shipped in the 9.2 image. I could be confusing it with RPi Zero2 though? (easiest way is to image an SD card and test).

• It's a software issue, not hardware. You might be able to run the older LE9.2 image (which supports 3D). I have fuzzy memeory there may be newer iterations of the 400 that need firmware newer than what's shipped in the 9.2 image. I could be confusing it with RPi Zero2 though? (easiest way is to image an SD card and test).

Has there ever been support for 3D MVC decode and Frame Packed HDMI output on the SoC used in the Pi 4B and Pi 400? I thought it was only implemented for the SoCs in Pi3B+ and earlier?

• noggin the RPi4 SoC is basically an RPi3B+ with faster clock speed and an extra IP block for 4K HEVC, so 3D works on RPi4 under the older LE9.2 codebase as nothing really changed, but support needs to be reworked for the newer GBM/V4L2 pipeline.

• It's a software issue, not hardware. You might be able to run the older LE9.2 image (which supports 3D). I have fuzzy memeory there may be newer iterations of the 400 that need firmware newer than what's shipped in the 9.2 image. I could be confusing it with RPi Zero2 though? (easiest way is to image an SD card and test).

Nice, thanks. I'll give a go at 9.2 and see if it works.

• Nice, thanks. I'll give a go at 9.2 and see if it works.

I tried it with Pi400 and it doesn't boot at all. In case we never get 3d support, is making a LE9.2 compatible with Pi4 an option, is that possible, would it require a lot of work? Not that I'm watching every day 3d movies, just would be nice to have the option once in a while.

• Just keep an older RPi 2/3 board around for occasional 3D use. It's probably not impossible to make an LE 9.2 image with support for newer hardware but all time spent on making/testing something that ultimately few people will use is just a distraction from LE11 and encourages people to remain on LE 9.2 (when we'd generally like them to be on newer things) so I don't see staff making the effort. It's all open-source though so nothing to stop "the community" making the effort.

• noggin the RPi4 SoC is basically an RPi3B+ with faster clock speed and an extra IP block for 4K HEVC, so 3D works on RPi4 under the older LE9.2 codebase as nothing really changed, but support needs to be reworked for the newer GBM/V4L2 pipeline.

Sorry to resurrect this old thread, but.....are you saying that if I download this:

https://releases.libreelec.tv/LibreELEC-RPi4.arm-9.2.8.img.gz

And load it on a Pi4 it will play 3D-MVC? I realize it would be an older build, but I ONLY use this for playing 3D.

I just downloaded the RPi3 version to put in a temp 3D player when I saw that comment.