LibreELEC (Leia) 9.2 ALPHA1 with Raspberry Pi 4B Support

• I just installed 9.1.002 fresh on my RPi4. It has issues accessing Windows Network (SMB) fileshare server. No matter how many times I try to put in the correct password, it is unable to access it properly. It's accessible from other Windows and Android machines on my network.

• do you encounter wifi problem to negociate ssid ?

i enter wifi password and nothing, it negociate and blank the wifi listing access point.

Edit: well after x reboot of the pi4 i can log authentificate to wifi

Edited 2 times, last by grouik1er: update (July 26, 2019 at 9:08 PM).

• I haven't checked the temperature for my RPi4. To the touch, it's somewhat hot even under idle. However, I haven't actually seen the thermometer symbol in Kodi at any time under load. Does that mean that the temperature is under safe limits and I can continue to use it?

I'm also getting minor random stuttering on HEVC videos. I feel like I didn't get this problem initially when I first got it. I'm still on 9.1.001 so I have to update and see. For some reason it hasn't auto updated on its own.

• Hi together,

so finally my Rpi4 arrived and I installed 9.1.002. Audio runs fine, but I don't get any Video to run. I just get the sound but no Video. Tried this on my Monitor and also on my TV.
    Video files which are showing no video at all are MPEG, AVI and also MKV.

Any idea what can cause this behaviour?

On my Rpi3 and also RPi1 those videos are running without any codec license.

Edited once, last by Nagash (July 27, 2019 at 2:56 PM).

• > Audio runs fine, but I don't get any Video to run.

Have you tried both of the video outputs on the RPi4? IIRC video is currently only available on the one closest to the power port.

• I haven't checked the temperature for my RPi4. To the touch, it's somewhat hot even under idle. However, I haven't actually seen the thermometer symbol in Kodi at any time under load. Does that mean that the temperature is under safe limits and I can continue to use it?

I'm also getting minor random stuttering on HEVC videos. I feel like I didn't get this problem initially when I first got it. I'm still on 9.1.001 so I have to update and see. For some reason it hasn't auto updated on its own.

If you're never seeing the thermometer symbol then you are below 80C.

Although this is 'safe', many users desire to keep temperatures below 60C for longevity purposes and to avoid throttling.

I do not know the throttling behaviour of Pi4.

Pi3B+ does a 200MHz downclock at 60C (they call it 'soft limit' and user can change to 70C if he wants).

Then at 80C it begins to do heavy throttling.

I do not know if Pi4 has this 'soft limit' behaviour. If it does not currently, I suspect it will be added soon due to the reports of high temperatures.

• After using bcmstat.sh it seems my RPi4 idles at 65-70c. Even while playing a 1080p x265 video the temp stays almost the same or increases only by 2C or so.

It has been running continuously at this idle temperature for several weeks as I never bothered to turn it off. How much of a problem will this be?

Also even after 9.1.002 update there still seems to be a very minor amount of stuttering on a 1080p x265 video. Is there any way to generate a report on this and upload it here?

• After using bcmstat.sh it seems my RPi4 idles at 65-70c. Even while playing a 1080p x265 video the temp stays almost the same or increases only by 2C or so.

It has been running continuously at this idle temperature for several weeks as I never bothered to turn it off. How much of a problem will this be?

Also even after 9.1.002 update there still seems to be a very minor amount of stuttering on a 1080p x265 video. Is there any way to generate a report on this and upload it here?

So I found the details: currently Pi4 does not have the 'soft limit' of Pi3B+

Raspberry Pi Documentation

This means you are will not experience any downclock until 80C. Therefore if you are having stuttering it is unrelated to temperature.

65-72C operating temperature is not a problem. Personally I would like it cooler (for longevity) but I would not lose any sleep.

If you were using the Pi for something else (eg using it for daily duties via Raspbian) then I think your temperatures would be a problem because for sure you will sometimes do things that cause the processor to throttle.

• Also even after 9.1.002 update there still seems to be a very minor amount of stuttering on a 1080p x265 video. Is there any way to generate a report on this and upload it here?

A debug log might help. Enable debug logging in Kodi, reboot your RPi, play that file until you see the stuttering, then stop it and use the logfile upload function in LE settings and post the URL here.

See Provide Log File [LibreELEC.wiki] for details

so long,

Hias

• I have a strange behavior when i use the Simple Iptv client.

First the FPS from the Stream is at 50, after 2sec i goes to 25 and after additionally 2sec i goes to 12,5.

Im on the newest Alpha Build.

When i come home i will attach an log.

• Hi,

Tried both builds i could find;

LibreELEC-RPi4.arm-9.1.002.img.gz

Works mostly, but missing inputsteams support so netflix won't work.

and tried this master build;

libreelec-rpi4.arm-9.80-milhouse-20190704033230-#0703-g8a6f8a3.tar

which is latest i could find.

input streams work so netflix works. but

it will not switch HDMI modes. It says it switches to 1080p 50hz. but it actuallly does nothing and the TV stays at 1080p 60hz.... 9.1.002 switched fine.

Any news when a new build might be out? Netflix working and 50hz, would at least make it usable for me

oh.. and can the nightly rpi2/3 builds run on the rpi4, or does it require it's own build?

• inputstream.adaptive is available in the LibreELEC addon repository - just install it.

RPi2/3 builds won't work on RPi4. Stick to LE 9.x for now, there won't be any RPi4 testbuilds for a while.

so long,

Hias

• Hello,

i use Libreelec 9.1.002 with the new Raspberry.

I need 4K@60Hz.

I add hdmi_enable_4kp60=1 to my config.txt but i doesnt work.

Is there a specific field where I have to insert this?

I have the SD card connected to my Windows 10 computer and in the config.txt

Has anybody an idea?

-> I use an HDMI 2.0 cable with HDMI Micro adapter.