Posts by lintopwan

I can't wait for this to be fixed! :)

I'm totally stuck on 9 until it is fixed. 95% of my use is 1080p TV on RPI4's around my house. Despite some comments here, it really is annoying unwatchable with software deinterlacing. If it wasn't I'd be using it, not reverting back to 9.

Is there any, every very rough, timeframe when this might be back working again in 10?

This works fine

But is it possible for it to drop back to a default source when the Bluetooth one can't be found?

Be nice if I could turn the speaker on to listen to music, but when I turned it off it just dropped back to SDIF/HDMI for tv.

Maybe slightly off topic, idk...

but the standard libreelec will "mostly" work with the Mame game emulators for me. although it could do with a basic starter process for playing a game, without having to pick play from the context menu of the zip rom file, then choosing the emulator to play it with each time. Just a bit clunky. A more friendly was in standard LE would be good.

but my main issue is game controllers. the joysticks dont work in Mame 2003 or 2010, just Mame 2015. But game support in 2015 is a bit crappy as a lot that work in 2003/2010 will crash on 2015. bummer.

A: does this fork have better controller support than the standard LE plugin way.

B: can the standard Mame 2003/2010 be made to support controller joysticks, like 2015 does?

Thanks

Hi,

I got this far too. You are almost there!! :)

Instead of just clicking the zip file (which opens it to explore it) long press to get the context menu. from there you will get a Play option, when you pick that is should give you a choice of emulators you installed. from there you can pick Mame2003/2010/2015, or what you installed.

This works for me. But you need to make sure the Rom is right for the version of mame.

I have not found a good way to have you just click and game and have it run with the correct emulator though??

My probs from here and getting the game controller to work. It only seems to work with the joysticks on controllers if you use 2015 mame, which less games work with :(

Mame 2010 vs 2015 Plugin - Joystick Issues

Hope that helps.

Hi,

Not sure best place to ask this.

I've been looking at getting MAME working on my LibreELEC to play old classic games. There seems to be a number of MAME emulators available in the official LE repo. However, I am having the following issue.

LebreELEC has support for games controllers, and this work very well within LE itself. You can add as Bluetooth or Dongle based controller of most kinds and they work great. Getting all buttons and sticks to work is pretty easy, so well done to here! :)

However, although adding a controller with anlog joysticks (standard ps3/xbox clone for example) works well, and you can wizz about the kodi menus just fine, they joysticks do not work in the MAME emulators which is where you want them to work most!! :)

Well, they work in MAME 2015, but not MAME 2003 or MAME 2010. This is a real disapointment, as many of the ROMS/Games will not work on 2015, as it was not reliable release. But the games work great on 2010, but on this you have no joystick, just cursor buttons.

Is there a way to get the joysticks to work properly in either 2010 or 2003, as it does in 2015, so support for games can be better?

I hope so!!!

Mame 2010 with a working joystick would be perfect! :)

I thought the Advanced Emulator Launcher plugin was for where you have an "external" mame installed, not the ones that are build into the LibreElec core games repo? The AEL needs configured and told where the mane binary is and so on. I dont think there is onr on the standard libreelec mame install, just a build in .so

If that is the way to do it, is there a guide for libreelec? as I dont think it's as simple as normal.

Hi,

Is there a guide for installing this on LibreElec? I have search a few different things and tired a few, but I can't seem to find one that works.

A step by step guide for a fresh install of 9.2.x LebreElec would be soooo handy :)

Update:

I have manged to install to install Mame 2010 (it seems to be a background install, as there is no gui interface element i can see?), I can browse to the file that is a game rom using the file explore, if I long press on that I get a context menu with play (if i just press it, it open the zip file for browsing!), when I pick play it opens a dialog to pick a emulator and an I pick mame 2010 in that list and it works.

Nothing appears in the main Games menu from the from home menu. Just the option to add a plugin or remove this menu.

I think I am missing the element to display the available roms, as games, in the from end gui somewhere. And have the system "know" that zip need played with the mame-2010 plugin.

Advise?

Hi,

Tried both builds i could find;

LibreELEC-RPi4.arm-9.1.002.img.gz

Works mostly, but missing inputsteams support so netflix won't work.

and tried this master build;

libreelec-rpi4.arm-9.80-milhouse-20190704033230-#0703-g8a6f8a3.tar

which is latest i could find.

input streams work so netflix works. but

it will not switch HDMI modes. It says it switches to 1080p 50hz. but it actuallly does nothing and the TV stays at 1080p 60hz.... 9.1.002 switched fine.

Any news when a new build might be out? Netflix working and 50hz, would at least make it usable for me

oh.. and can the nightly rpi2/3 builds run on the rpi4, or does it require it's own build?