Mame 2010 vs 2015 Plugin - Joystick Issues

• Hi,

Not sure best place to ask this.

I've been looking at getting MAME working on my LibreELEC to play old classic games. There seems to be a number of MAME emulators available in the official LE repo. However, I am having the following issue.

LebreELEC has support for games controllers, and this work very well within LE itself. You can add as Bluetooth or Dongle based controller of most kinds and they work great. Getting all buttons and sticks to work is pretty easy, so well done to here! :)

However, although adding a controller with anlog joysticks (standard ps3/xbox clone for example) works well, and you can wizz about the kodi menus just fine, they joysticks do not work in the MAME emulators which is where you want them to work most!! :)

Well, they work in MAME 2015, but not MAME 2003 or MAME 2010. This is a real disapointment, as many of the ROMS/Games will not work on 2015, as it was not reliable release. But the games work great on 2010, but on this you have no joystick, just cursor buttons.

Is there a way to get the joysticks to work properly in either 2010 or 2003, as it does in 2015, so support for games can be better?

I hope so!!!

Mame 2010 with a working joystick would be perfect! :)

• We are just using whatever Kodi provides and build/pack it for our distribution. If it works at 2015 but not 2010 its likely a mame issue or some issue with the kodi addon. So I would try the mame forum first. If there are anything that needs rebuilding/testing (patches ...) we can assist if needed.