Nightly images for A64, H3, H5, H6 and R40 boards

• Not sure what you want to know. It's only difference of building LE with PROJECT=Allwinner ARCH=arm DEVICE=H6 UBOOT_SYSTEM=tanix-tx6 make image for 32-bit and PROJECT=Allwinner ARCH=aarch64 DEVICE=H6 UBOOT_SYSTEM=tanix-tx6 make image for 64-bit. This only changes compiler and adjust compiler flags, so 32-bit compiler is used instead of 64-bit.

• I still don't understand. From previous answer I have understood that in case of TX6 Libreelec uses 64 bit kernel for aarch64 architecture and 32 bit userspace for running 32-bit widevine library needed fo netflix/amazon etc. Am I right?

Not sure what you want to know. It's only difference of building LE

I'm curious how to use widevine with pure aarch64 kernel and system. The purpose is very simple: I want to do the same for archlinuxarm TX6 project. They released 6.1 aarch64 kernel and uboot which run quite well on Tanix TX6. The only one problem that kodi can't run widevine with "Unsupported 64-bit userspace found. User needs 32-bit userspace on arm64".

• From previous answer I have understood that in case of TX6 Libreelec uses 64 bit kernel for aarch64 architecture and 32 bit userspace for running 32-bit widevine library needed fo netflix/amazon etc. Am I right?

Yes.

I'm curious how to use widevine with pure aarch64 kernel and system. The purpose is very simple: I want to do the same for archlinuxarm TX6 project. They released 6.1 aarch64 kernel and uboot which run quite well on Tanix TX6. The only one problem that kodi can't run widevine with "Unsupported 64-bit userspace found. User needs 32-bit userspace on arm64".

You can't use 32-bit widevine with pure 64-bit system. You would need to build or install 32-bit Kodi and all needed libraries by Kodi and their dependencies and so on, down to glibc. So in short, you would have 32-bit system along 64-bit one. Under Linux, you can't mix 32-bit and 64-bit apps and libraries. Same thing is true on x86.

No, but I2C bus is exposed and you can write script to drive display. I have some python script example, but it wasn't tested on LE. I can provide it to you as example, if you want.

Hello Jernej,

I could use a nudge to to understand how to get VFD working on Tanix TX6. I understood openvfd is not an option for LE anymore.

• Nightly img file has been uploaded: https://test.libreelec.tv/11.0/Allwinner/orangepi-3-lts/

That's a very good news!

I tried it... overall it works very well for a first shot. I've been able to boot, access my Nas, play a 2160p file, sound on hdmi...

It boots crazy fast!

Some issues :

1/ Randomly at reboot (the very first one after resize for instance), I get an error :

I tried two tf cards, just to be sure...

Also reproduced when rebooting from Kodi.

2/ Analog audio output not available. Not such a big deal for me, my video projector has also an analog output.

3/ You warned for it, no WiFi, no BT.

Just for my understanding, if the WiFi chip get supported in the mainline Linux kernel in the future, should it be supported by LE?

Many thanks!

• put the nightly into the emmc on my OrangePi 3 LTS and so far working great with the onboard ethernet.

it plays all the same videos as my RPi4, boots faster, and it only cost $43 (with shipping) from ali-e!

Thank you Jernej!

• I could use a nudge to to understand how to get VFD working on Tanix TX6. I understood openvfd is not an option for LE anymore.

I suggest that you take a look at this snippet:

External Content pastebin.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.
    and read following conversation: https://oftc.irclog.whitequark.org/linux-sunxi/2021-06-16#30012323 and maybe check openvfd code for FD650 commands (chip used in Tanix TX6). Note, above example was never tested in LE. I don't know if above libs are included, most probably not. Last but not least, it's not completely standard I2C communication. For each transmission you have to set "Ignore ACK" or similar flag.

Randomly at reboot (the very first one after resize for instance)

I hoped nobody will experience that. I got such issues when RSB bus was clocked at 4 MHz. I lowered that to 100 kHz and never observed such issue again. I guess I could lower it still. I'll prepare test dtb file, which you can just replace on SD card for testing purposes.

Analog audio output not available.

It's stated in OP that H6 image doesn't support analogue audio. Driver is missing. I wrote one, but due to configuration issues, I never PRed it. I guess it's LE12 material.

Just for my understanding, if the WiFi chip get supported in the mainline Linux kernel in the future, should it be supported by LE?

Yes, but chances for that are low.

• offbeat can you provide first 50 MiB (zipped) of your eMMC, assuming Android is still there ? I'm trying to find out which regulator is causing issues and set it properly in DT, so this ATF hack won't be needed anymore.

• LE already supports CVBS output on H2+, H3 and H5, it's just not enabled by default. That can be done by enabling appropriate DT TVE overlay in extlinux.conf. Currently overlays for enabling TVE exists for H3 and H5, but it would be trivial to add overlay for H2+ too. Note, H2+ is not officially supported in LE.