Posts by robertoj

You could also load the latest Kodi in your rockchip sbc, add the tools-ffmpeg addon, then run:

ffmpeg —hwaccels (you will also see the ffmpeg version, and the ./configure options)

ffmpeg —decoders (looking for v4l2_request)

And if you build the whole libreelec (latest) in your PC, you might find evidences of the pre compilation options used, in the Makefile, and the patches that were applied.

I didn’t read your logs, and I think that the kernel patching is not your problem, maybe.

what do you get with:

ffmpeg —hwaccels

ffmpeg —decoders | grep h264… then v4l2… and request

Hello

I am trying to do the same thing with Allwinner H3 OrangePi zero, which works with the latest Kodi.

One thing you can do to test success of your linux patch is:

v4l2-compliance --device /dev/video0

v4l2-ctl --device /dev/video0 -all

If you don't see references to h264 abilities, maybe the linux patches don't work for you.

The latest Kodi works with linux 6.1.19... maybe you should try that.

I didnt think of applying the drmprime patch... that seems important... I will try it.

People, :)

I have been working on CVBS for the orange pi zero, based on the 0036 patch from this project. Details about my experience:

Orange Pi Zero LTS TV-OUT in 2022?
    Hello. I have a problem with Orange Pi Zero LTS. I also have an expansion board and the required 3.5-jack cable. I have read many different forums and sites…
    forum.armbian.com

If anyone wants to try it and comment about what is missing, comment here or there, and I will share my 3 patches.

Please, I need armbian to have all the power I have seen in Kodi+Orangepizero:

* cvbs (working with overscan, but I set the Kodi interface zoom to -10% 😹)

* splash graphic at boot

* text console at boot, not just for login prompt (probably this is some kernel argument)

* hardware h264 (I have not tried this yet)

* shaders (and probably 3d).

Can anyone confirm whether the H3 _analog_ audio out is working with Kodi v10 or v11?

For audio, these steps might or might not be needed

Orange Pi Zero (Problem With Onboard Soundcard)
    Hi Srs! I have problem in using Armbian 14 with orange pi zero .. I already used the Armbian system in my OrangepiZero. However, I reinstalled everything again…
    forum.armbian.com

But definitely, turn up the volume from within the audio/video player.

LE already supports CVBS output on H2+, H3 and H5, it's just not enabled by default. That can be done by enabling appropriate DT TVE overlay in extlinux.conf. Currently overlays for enabling TVE exists for H3 and H5, but it would be trivial to add overlay for H2+ too. Note, H2+ is not officially supported in LE.

Thank you :) I see that you were the author of the armbian orange pi zero patch :)

Yes. Kodi also works with it :)

If you do that skip the Orange Pi Zero (H2+), since the composite out support is missing in mainline (unless someone with the knowledge wants to work on that of course).

I have posted instructions to enable composite cvbs tv signal from the orange pi zero with 5.15.93:

Maybe it can be included in libreelec?