Posts by knedlyk

I still don't understand. From previous answer I have understood that in case of TX6 Libreelec uses 64 bit kernel for aarch64 architecture and 32 bit userspace for running 32-bit widevine library needed fo netflix/amazon etc. Am I right?

Not sure what you want to know. It's only difference of building LE

I'm curious how to use widevine with pure aarch64 kernel and system. The purpose is very simple: I want to do the same for archlinuxarm TX6 project. They released 6.1 aarch64 kernel and uboot which run quite well on Tanix TX6. The only one problem that kodi can't run widevine with "Unsupported 64-bit userspace found. User needs 32-bit userspace on arm64".

Can somebody explain, how the widevine work on libreelec on Tanix TX6? As far I know, there is no arm64/aarch64 support for widevine. Nevertheless, I see that kernel is for aarch64, but netflix works perfect with widevine installed via the inputstream Kodi plugin.

Code
    LibreELEC:~ # uname -a
    Linux LibreELEC 5.10.146 #1 SMP PREEMPT Fri Oct 14 21:11:50 UTC 2022 aarch64 GNU/Linux

How it can be possible? What mechanism or tricks do you use?

WG support is ultimately all about what's in the kernel (and WG is there) so there's techincally nothing that prevents LE being used to host a server, but there is no plumbing to facilitate that in the GUI or in ConnMan, which is client focussed (and no intent to add anything) so you'd have to self-create whatever scripts are needed to create interfaces and do things on boot, etc.

It is enough for me to know that no additional resources needed to start WG server.

After a few days I managed to solve default route issue. Below there are my scripts with descriptions.

WG configuration:

/storage/.config/wireguard/wg0.conf

Code
    [Interface]
    ListenPort = <port>
    PrivateKey = <privkey>

[Peer]
    PublicKey = <publkey>
    AllowedIPs = 0.0.0.0/0
    Endpoint = <endpoint hostname>:<port>

Wireguard startup script:

/storage/.config/wgconnect.sh

Stop Wireguard connection:

/storage/.config/wgdisconnect.sh

Bash
    #!/bin/bash
    ip link set down dev wg0

Systemd service:

/storage/.config/system.d/wireguard.service

Then all traffic routes via default eth0 interface and several ip's via wg0. Routes look as follows:

At least, it works for me.