Nightly images for A64, H3, H5, H6 and R40 boards

• If board is powered on, it should bring up power menu, where you can select power down. If board is powered down, it will power it up. But note that it also depends on U-Boot and Crust firmware. If you have problems, test it first on freshly written image to SD card.

• Latest master is broken on Beelink GS1: kernel is booting but no MMC devices are detected, resulting "Could not mount" error and drop to debug shell.

Rather painful bisecting session of download/flash/boot nightly images points to regression between LibreELEC-H6.arm-11.0-nightly-20221008-0af4c55-beelink-gs1.img.gz and LibreELEC-H6.arm-11.0-nightly-20221008-1d2cd1d-beelink-gs1.img.gz

My wild guess is this commit could cause it "3ed35a87b6 (jernejsk/aw_atf) Allwinner: atf: update power patch"

• Also, Beelink GS1 gigabit ethernet is still unstable and timeouts under load. I'm using heartbeat shell script to reload driver on connection loss, but it messes up CIFS mounts and Kodi.

Any way to report it upstream, without going through mailing lists?

• offbeat can you check board version? Test on 1.0 didn't show any issues. From what I've been told, there is also 2.0.

Regarding network issue - It seems that other dwmac based drivers also experience it based on quick google search, but that doesn't necessarily mean that the issue is in common code.

While there is kernel bugzilla, I'm not sure how much is used by netdev people. ML is still best way to go.

• This week I installed LibreELEC-H3.arm-10.0.3-orangepi-pc since I haven't messed with it in a while. the CEC problems I described (and bisected) in march 2021 are solved. I briefly read through the posts, and it looks like jernej had messed with a fix and gave up? Well if he did something, it worked. if not, something else fixed it.

• Can somebody explain, how the widevine work on libreelec on Tanix TX6? As far I know, there is no arm64/aarch64 support for widevine. Nevertheless, I see that kernel is for aarch64, but netflix works perfect with widevine installed via the inputstream Kodi plugin.

Code
    LibreELEC:~ # uname -a
    Linux LibreELEC 5.10.146 #1 SMP PREEMPT Fri Oct 14 21:11:50 UTC 2022 aarch64 GNU/Linux

How it can be possible? What mechanism or tricks do you use?

• If your device has Google Chrome support, then Widevine library will be extracted from there. That's closed source code, but it works.

Mmm, not sure. I installed archlinuxarm on TX6 compiled against aarch64 architecture, but widevine library doesn't work with kodi. It says that it doesn't compatible. That is why I asked my question.

• Mmm, not sure. I installed archlinuxarm on TX6 compiled against aarch64 architecture, but widevine library doesn't work with kodi. It says that it doesn't compatible. That is why I asked my question.

It probably has an incompatible kernel. Compiling a kernel includes many options. Search for a Linux with Google Chrome.

• tested latest LibreELEC-H6.arm-11.0-nightly-20221203-164bd92-beelink-gs1.img.gz, still unable to boot, same error.

Sorry for late response, but obviously I took some time off LE. I'll surely work on this issue before stable is released.

Is openvfd module included in kernel for Tanix TX6 in development release?

No, but I2C bus is exposed and you can write script to drive display. I have some python script example, but it wasn't tested on LE. I can provide it to you as example, if you want.

Do the nightly images for the H6 include phy ethernet driver support for the Orange Pi 3 LTS?

No.

How it can be possible? What mechanism or tricks do you use?

Simple. While kernel is really 64-bit, userspace in 32-bit. In fact, widevine is the only reason why we release all ARM images with 32-bit userspace.