Nightly images for A64, H3, H5, H6 and R40 boards

• Nope, Olimex released image for it some time ago. However, you can open pull request on github for it. Not much needs to be added...

Hello from the past !

I successfully compiled the GitHub - LibreELEC/LibreELEC.tv: Just enough OS for KODI repo (latest) with the 10 commits from GitHub - OLIMEX/LibreELEC.tv: Just enough OS for KODI.

I had to resolve some conflicts but nothing hard.

It is booting and working like a charm on olimex A64 :)

• jernej !

I have a problem with my Orange pi 3 and Pine H64. All my 1080P contents (movies and episodes) are jerky (not smooth). The only workaround I found is to put devices to 2160p and whitelist only 2160p resolution. That way all my contents play well.

Do you have this problem on your side ? This problem doesn't exist on my raspberry pi 4, orange pi PC and Orange pi PC2.

Edited once, last by mike2002 (May 5, 2021 at 4:10 PM).

• Hi everyone!I have tanix tx6 4/32 dual wifi,i install official 9.95.2,but i don't see any wifi connection,on android all works.Can somebody help me?

p.s. sorry for my bad English

• Hi jernej !

I played with my Orange pc2 and I can confirm that my PC2 work as well as my Orange pi PC.

I found a way to help my Orange pi PC2 and my Orange pi PC to stop freezing because of low memory, I enable the swap file, I set the swap file to 512MB and that help. No more freeze at all, some slowing down when the device access the swap file but overall that help a lot.

It's sad that we can't enable Zswap, it's a lot better dans the swapfile. I use Zswap that on other devices at home and that work really great. For device with 1 GB memory Zswap can do a huge difference.

Zswap is a battle that I can't win, other people tried before witout success. Anyway, in my case I play with these devices only for fun of testing.

• jernej !

I have a problem with my Orange pi 3 and Pine H64. All my 1080P contents (movies and episodes) are jerky (not smooth). The only workaround I found is to put devices to 2160p and whitelist only 2160p resolution. That way all my contents play well.

Do you have this problem on your side ? This problem doesn't exist on my raspberry pi 4, orange pi PC and Orange pi PC2.

Yup, playing content at native 24/25/30 Hz is still broken on Kodi+H6, very jerky.

I even bothered to compile and test in mpv, using same drmprime path on H6, play silky smooth there.

Playback is also OK on H3 board, using both Kodi and mpv.

Its somehow related to the combination of Kodi stopping rendering GUI/OSD during playback and panfrost on H6.

Workaround is to force Kodi to render GUI even when hidden, set algorithmdirtyregions to 0 in advancedsettings.xml. Of course power consumption/temperature rises a bit.

• jernej can you remind me the "echo" command to set to performance ?

I try this :

echo performance > /sys/devices/system/cpu/cpu0/cpufreq/scaling_governor

But it doesn't work

-sh: can't create /sys/devices/system/cpu/cpu0/cpufreq/scaling_governor: nonexistent directory

• Can you test if using performance governor helps? That's only conceivable difference between H3 and H6 that could make a difference.

Actually performance governor instead of schedutil makes it even more visible and easy to repeat, at least for 30FPS content on 30Hz.

I've made a short clip of how it looks on display, will send PM.

• Hi guys!

I cant open menu Libreelec Configuration.

LOG:

locale output:

How to fix it ?

• Dear friends, as I tried the nightly omage for my Pi Plus 2E Chinese board, it gives this via debug TTL line:

And it stucks after that, i.e. hangs. What am I doing wrong?

• offbeat your samples plays fine with my two monitors, one full hd and another 4k. It stalls only once at the beginning but after that it plays normally. Tested on PineH64 model B.

Hmm, did you have "Adjust display refresh rate = on" set?

Playing everything at default 60 FPS most displays have in EDID is fine, jerkyness only appers when Kodi switches output HZ to match content FPS.

• Auto refresh rate switching is one of the major selling points of LibreElec, could even be enabled by default IMHO.

Many of Android TV boxes can't do that, since there was no such API until recently.

It gives user ability to play 24/25/30Hz content on TV without forced convertion to 60Hz. As well as ability to use TV provided motion interpolation, some hate it, some love it, but its a big deal anyway.