Nightly images for A64, H3, H5, H6 and R40 boards

• The OPi Lite image compiled and boots. But WiFi doesn't show up. Any hints for places to look for?

I read a post about RAM shortage on H6/64 bits. I'll look at previous posts too.

When I have a working network on my OPi Lite I'll be able to report back on RAM usage/shortage, and hopefully contribute a PR.

• jernej I did testing on my Orange Pi PC. Playback no problems (h264 and h265), ethernet and usb works, suspend works but need to be sure I'm doing it right. After pressing suspend in the power menu, lights on the board goes out and after pressing power button on the board it resumes, this is the right procedure? Regarding deinterlacing I don't have any content to do the testing, is there any big buck bunny type of video for testing deinterlacing?

• Check closed PRs at LE repo and first post here. Each contain reason why it was rejected (and your PR will be rejected too if you'll include it).

I meant where should I look to enable wifi on OPi Lite builds. Is it a matter of dts/dtb? A missing driver? I found nothing related to this question in closed PRs on github.

• Mostly driver, but maybe dts too. I didn't check if wifi is already described in DT.

My plan was to start with a PC Plus build and make the needed changes for Lite, but I just discovered that WiFi on PC Plus doesn't work neither, and I see no issue about it. Am I missing something?

• I have OPI PC 2 (which i have tested several months ago briefly) and OPI Prime here that i briefly tested a couple months ago with the PC 2 build and was working, but no wifi. I may be able to get some testing done in the next few days on those.

Oh, I also have PCDuino 4 Nano, which i understand is identical to the NanoPi M1, but it's deep inside the control box for one of my 3d printers. It could happen, but . . . .

• Am I missing something?

Not sure if you read first post in this topic in details:

- wifi modules without mainline driver are not supported (mostly Realtek - RTL8189ETV, RTL8189FTV, RTL8822BS, etc.)

we don't want to maintain a ton of out of tree wifi drivers. As I said - you can make your own build with wifi, but driver won't be accepted in official repository.

• we don't want to maintain a ton of out of tree wifi drivers. As I said - you can make your own build with wifi, but driver won't be accepted in official repository.

Sorry, I didn't expect LE to go as far as dropping wifi support, but I understand the reason.

It looks like 9.2.6 still supports OPi Lite. I'll stick with it for now.

But I'll keep an eye on master. Thanks again for your help <3

• I have an H3 orange pi pc. CEC works at first, but if I change input sources and return, or turn off the TV (samsung), then CEC doesn't come back until I reboot. Everything else looks good, though. I used nightly 20210320 and the stable release 9.95.1.

I have 9.2.6 on a Rpi3 that doesn't have this problem.

• CEC doesn't come back until I reboot

As Kodi is detecting the HDMI devices at start, perhaps just restarting Kodi should be enough instead of rebooting whole LibreELEC:

systemctl restart kodi

As a temporary workaround I would then map this command to some unused IR Remote key.

• As Kodi is detecting the HDMI devices at start, perhaps just restarting Kodi should be enough instead of rebooting whole LibreELEC:

systemctl restart kodi

As a temporary workaround I would then map this command to some unused IR Remote key.

Yes, that was sufficient. I'm not sure I know how to implement that workaround, as all the remote communication is handled by the TV, and that's where the issue is. I have a workaround though, just using my Rpi for the time being.

• Взаимодействие с другими людьми

Not sure if you read first post in this topic in details:

we don't want to maintain a ton of out of tree wifi drivers. As I said - you can make your own build with wifi, but driver won't be accepted in official repository.

Can I find out which Wi-Fi chips are supported?

• dropping wifi support

I don't remember having relevant driver present at any time.

It looks like 9.2.6 still supports OPi Lite.

This version has plenty of problems, that's why it was never released as stable for Allwinner. Also no fixes were backported to this version.

Can I find out which Wi-Fi chips are supported?

I don't think there is a list of supported wifi drivers. In short, all USB wifi dongles (and few SDIO) which are supported in mainline kernel should work. LE adds few more wifi drivers - LibreELEC.tv/packages/linux-drivers at master · LibreELEC/LibreELEC.tv · GitHub (RTL8*). List of commercial dongle names would be far too long to list.