Nightly images for A64, H3, H5, H6 and R40 boards

• With H5 Orange PiPc 2 don't work HDMI CEC.

Sure, read first post. More info - software implementation doesn't work and hardware implementation would be hard to make it work due to missing 32 kHz crystal on board.

With Orange Pi3 ,Tvheadend crashes the system

That doesn't help at all. In general, I don't debug addon issues. However, if you upload crash log, I can take a look.

• Change spdif@1c21000 to spdif: spdif@1c21000

Indeed, I can now compile the device tree, and select spdif for audio output. Unfortunately, something else is wrong, as I get no sound (I tried GUI sounds as well as playing a movie that works well on OpenElec). I have uploaded the logs here. I am surprised to see that passthrough is not supported by this device, as it is on OpenElec. Could it be a hint ?

• Too bad, now I'm really out of ideas and I can't really help because I don't have any SPDIF receiver.

Passtrough was never properly supported, not even on OpenELEC. It really depends on receiver you have if it correctly interprets data as compressed audio or not. All metadata in missing in the side channel. Proper passthrough demo is published in another topic in this subforum, where it works on all receivers and even high bit rate compressed formats work properly. Only big issue is that it seems to work only on 1080p resolution.

• Too bad, now I'm really out of ideas and I can't really help because I don't have any SPDIF receiver.

OK I understand that it is very difficult without the appropriate hardware. Many thanks for your help anyway!

I will have a look at an hdmi extractor, as this might be the most versatile solution for me at the moment. SPDIF does not seem to be very future-proof...

Edited once, last by bmx34 (November 15, 2020 at 7:36 PM).

• Hi !

I'm trying to make my orange pi win works with libreelec.

I can't get image on tv : only a blank screen (tv says no signal)

With this forum i manage to get serial console, activate wifi and ssh but nothing more ?

months ago looks like it worked with the pine64+ images but without ethernet or wifi...

can you help me ?

• The last images for H6 Orange PI3, I get stuck. As if they go to standby after the TV is turned off and they don't restart. I have to unplug the power. I also tried to change the HDMI CEC settings. But it won't restart.

• The last images for H6 Orange PI3, I get stuck. As if they go to standby after the TV is turned off and they don't restart. I have to unplug the power. I also tried to change the HDMI CEC settings. But it won't restart.

There is no power management, once the CPU is shut down there is no way to start it again, without a power cycle. Unfortunately there is no usable implementation of the crust fw yet.

• Orange Pi Prime support?

I know it's a discontinued board, but it appears that there was a period when it was a desirable way to mine some kind of cryptocurrency, and it periodically turns up on ebay at low prices. Like currently there is a seller in Ohio who has 10 of them, new in box, for $25 shipped each.

So yeah i bought one, showed up today.

Since it largely seems to be an Orange Pi PC2 with 2gb of ram and wifi, should i just try the PC2 image?

• I'm having trouble with the latest nightlies for the Pine 64+

I can get nightly-20191226-b814aab which is based on Kodi 19.0 Alpha 1 to work fine, but any of the later builds for Alpha 2, Alpha 3 or Beta 1 don't seem to work. The splash screen flickers during startup and then consistently disappears and reappears. The logs suggest that a fatal error is encountered during the loading of the libreelec addon, something to do with loading glib. I'm assuming this is a Python 3.8 issue?

Log file

Is this a known problem? Anything I can do to try and fix this?