Nightly images for A64, H3, H5, H6 and R40 boards

• Hi Jernej! I am testing (using) your image and nightly updates for the whole summer on my Orange Pi Plus 2e. What I still don't understand is some sort of pretty heavy video lagging when navigating the menus while there is video playing at the background. I hoped that some nightly images would solve this issue but I have installed many of them till the current version and that lagging is still present, unfortunately.

Perhaps this is just due to the board's CPU/GPU limitations (too weak for Kodi 19/LibreELEC 9) and that would be never solved on these boards? Could you tell me some words about this issue, please? Thanks for your great work!

I had a similar lag and got pointed to the requirement of the tv refreshrate being twice the video refresh rate, so better 1080p60 than 4k30. I guess it was in the hw deinterlacer thread

• I had a similar lag and got pointed to the requirement of the tv refreshrate being twice the video refresh rate, so better 1080p60 than 4k30. I guess it was in the hw deinterlacer thread

Lumpi, I've got an only Full HD old Pioneer Kuro plasma TV and Kodi is set to just 1080p50Hz.

• levitsky86 To be honest I don't use playback in background and don't care about that much. First of all, what lagging means? Is GUI rendered slower than when there is no video playback in the background? You should play a bit with different playback settings to see if there is a change. Also try videos with different fps.

There are several possibilities - GBM version of Kodi is currently lacking some features which may exhibit something like that but it could be also some driver problem or even HW capability. Hard to say anything.

lumpi you misinterpreted requirement. Only requirement is that display refresh rate is same or higher than video fps, ideally integer multiplier. If it's lower it means A/V sync issues, at least currently. This is known issue but nobody works on it actively.

• levitsky86 To be honest I don't use playback in background and don't care about that much. First of all, what lagging means? Is GUI rendered slower than when there is no video playback in the background? You should play a bit with different playback settings to see if there is a change. Also try videos with different fps.

There are several possibilities - GBM version of Kodi is currently lacking some features which may exhibit something like that but it could be also some driver problem or even HW capability. Hard to say anything.

lumpi you misinterpreted requirement. Only requirement is that display refresh rate is same or higher than video fps, ideally integer multiplier. If it's lower it means A/V sync issues, at least currently. This is known issue but nobody works on it actively.

Dear Jernej, thanks for kind reply!

I use Kodi for IPTV watching. I've got a PVR IPTV Simple Client installed in Kodi. When I switch on any channel the video is playing smooth as it should with no problem. But just as I turn on the menus and start navigating them (scrolling TV channels list) both playing on the background channel video and the menu scrolling is very tough. It starts to lag like the CPU is not able to handle it. When I stop scrolling the TV channels list the video (channel) playing on the back ground quickly accelerates to get to the current position. In other words, if I want to avoid this issue I need to stop playing the current TV channel and then navigate the menu and set the other desired channel to play. Sorry for my bad English. Hope you understood what I mean. Anyway, I can film a short video for you to show this issue.

• What kind of wifi dongle you're using?

Fenvi FV-N700, I guess this one: FV N700 300M Wireless LAN Network USB 2.0 Adapter WiFi Dongle 2.4G 5G For Samsung Smart TV WIS12ABGNX WIS09ABGN Fit Desktop PC|wifi dongle|network usbadapter wifi - AliExpress.

Given that nightly images are updated often, I'll make a post when it's worth to update with short changelog.

Thank you, I will be waiting for your post before testing it again.

• Hello everyone. I can confirm that the WIFI issue on OrangePi Lite2 still exists with the latest builds. If it helps:

LibreELEC-H6.arm-9.80-nightly-20200905-89c7562-orangepi-lite2.img.gz -> WiFi works fine

LibreELEC-H6.arm-9.80-nightly-20200919-1fcfe6a-orangepi-lite2.img.gz -> WiFi doesn't work

Probably somewhere between 05.09 and 19.09 something changed (upstream?).

PS: I can provide logs, just let me know what exactly and where to find it.

• ilyaigpetrov  Gass  StaticallyLinked Kodi and LE settings addon were just updated, please re-try next nightly image. LE settings addon has some fixes in it, which may help, but can't say for sure. I'll check commit history to see what could cause that issue.

EDIT: If kernel is really ok, I would bet on Python update (from 3.7 to 3.8). LE settings addon has some fixes for that.

• ilyaigpetrov  Gass  StaticallyLinked Kodi and LE settings addon were just updated, please re-try next nightly image. LE settings addon has some fixes in it, which may help, but can't say for sure. I'll check commit history to see what could cause that issue.

EDIT: If kernel is really ok, I would bet on Python update (from 3.7 to 3.8). LE settings addon has some fixes for that.

I updated to the latest nightly image (2020-09-23, 4722b9e for Orange Pi Lite 2) and I haven't encountered any network issues so far (using Wi-Fi). I didn't upgrade to the problematic nightlies so I wasn't having the issue in the first place.

• jernej

Image: LibreELEC-H3.arm-9.80-nightly-20200923-4722b9e-orangepi-pc.img.gz

# WiFi

1) I boot it and see "Welcome to LibreELEC" wizard, I press next several times till it offers me to choose a wifi network with a list containing only my home wifi network (so scanning works fine). I press on it, choose "Connect", but nothing happens afterwards, no prompt for a wifi password appears.

2) I go to settings, choose LibreELEC, then "Connections". My home wifi network is shown, I press on it, choose "Connect", no prompt for a wifi password appears.

This wifi adapter works fine in Armbian so I don't think there is any problem with it on the hardware level.

# Sound

No sounds in the menu of Kodi, tried all ALSA-devices offered by Kodi.

• What do I miss of how to install this image ?

I have a Beelink GS1 and downloaded the latest nightly build.

I use the LibreElec USB SD creator tool to install this build on an sd card.

After switching on my Beelink with that SD card inserted, I only see a black screen.

No idea how to get it installed on this device.

Any suggestions ?

Edited once, last by Piet200 (September 25, 2020 at 11:57 AM).