Posts by StaticallyLinked

@StaticallyLinked, I guess you are seeing that a specific Armbian inet image is not available. This paste hastebin shows why I think Armbian will boot inet1 without further compile, but perhaps I am over optimistic. Good luck.

Thank you for all your posts! The last one got me searching again for the dtb file and I found it over at kali.

After trying again I realized I had a screen issue all along (which invalidates all my tests), but I fixed it and after that I realized I probably need to do this, since my battery is dead (it's been dead for a long time, but I thought if I just plug the power cord it would work... the way a notebook does... but in this case it just shows the battery animation for a couple of seconds and turns itself off).

I can confirm sun4i-a10-inet1.dtb exists on a current Armbian image. I noticed that "the board differs slightly". So you could think about just booting Armbian to test it and/or following my recipe above.

inet1 appears to be supported within libreelec sources and should compile.

We plan to do a compile overnight Sunday.

Thanks for the info! Do I have to compile it myself or is can I download the image from somewhere?

I'm sorry to hear neither image has worked for you - it's frustrating testing an image with an incorrect dtb.

We have now compiled a Cubieboard A10 image from LibreELEC sources. Thinking of compiling a PengPod image, in a quick search, I have not found all needed resources.

What experience have you had of running a Linux distro on it? Have you any evidence that it is supported elsewhere?

When I got it back in... I think it was 2013, there were some debian/ubuntu based images that I successfully used, but unfortunately they are no longer available. If I have time I'll try running some generic armv7 image, but if you have the knowledge and are willing to play around with libreelec, I think it's worth trying a inet1 dtb file,

PengPod 1000 - linux-sunxi.org -> here it says they the boards are somewhat similar

InstallingDebianOn/Allwinner - Debian Wiki -> here they mention the sun4i-a10-inet1.dtb file (but I have no idea how to get hold of it)

In any case - thank you very much!

Let me rephrase it. If you include links to external sites, it's very likely your post will be put in moderation queue. It seems that you almost always post link to some kind of log...

Forgot to say I also have this message:

But to be honest I don't really care, so let's leave it at that. Thank you for trying to clarity it :)

On the more important side - I tried 20201018 and the TV remote issues seem to be gone (only after a fresh install though, or in my case - upgrade directly from 20200905, because of the wifi password issue). But there is another issue now (well, since a few commits ago - I think it started around 2020105), there is a problem with the addons. It's a bit difficult to explain, but I install the youtube addon, it works, then after a restart it's gone from the UI, if I reinstall it it works again, but funnily enough it there is a "reinstall" prompt.. so it might be a UI issue... also something similar is happening with the Weather addons (Gizmeteo might be broken for different reasons, but Oz Weather works, until I restart - after that it disappears from all lists and effectively I have no Weather info at all). Here are some logs:

http://ix.io/2B99 -> system log after installing youtube

http://ix.io/2B9a -> crash log after installing youtube

http://ix.io/2B9b -> system log after install and restart

http://ix.io/2B9c -> crash log after install and restart

Is there anything I can do to provide more info about those issues (password and addons)? Is it possible for me to somehow help with bug fixing?

Gass  jdww it seems that boot procedure is stalled if there is no working network connection in current nightly image. If board has ethernet connector, I suggest to connect it for now until issue is solved. If there is only wifi, there is possibility to manually add config for it over console but I'm not sure how to do that.

EDIT: Fix was just merged, next nightly image should boot normally. Actually this fix solves several issues.

AVC is just another name for H264. XviD is not HW decoded (see OP).

This is extremely old build and many packages were updated from that time. I guess some kernel change is at fault but I have no clue which one.

1. I updated to 20201016 and the boot problem seems to be gone.

2. Now I have the following problem: the tv remote doesn't work. I think the CEC settings may have been deleted. Is there a way to reinitialize the CEC settings?

Logs: Kodi, Crash, dmesg.

EDIT:

Most posts are not moderated. I suggest you remove links from your signature, it's probably the reason why system puts your posts in moderation queue.

Well, I have removed the links and I still get it. Now that I think about it, it was like that from the get-go... it's not a problem for me, I was just commenting on it... anyway, in this case I'll return the version with the links.

The problem maybe related to UBoot, the weird thing is that a freshly compile nightly of Armbian works but a LibreELEC one doesn't, I don't know of they are using different UBoot sources. I would compile myself an older version of LibreELEC but I don't know which commit broke things.

Thanks for the hint about Armbian nightlies, I didn't know those things existed.

Currently I don't have a Linux desktop, but once I get some free time on my hands I will try and set something up, so that I can also compile things from source (and hopefully I can provide more info about the bugs that way).

I've happily browsed folders in Libreelec installation on Pi4 from my win10 desktop for months. Last night it stopped working after I did nothing more (I think) than enable and later disable Samba through the UI. Windows network diagnosis tells me ""Windows cannot access \192.168." etc., and "Problems Found The remote device or resource won't accept the connection. Detected"

Everything else is fine. What should I look for first? Cheers.

Sounds like something was changed (automatically?) in the samba configs. Is it possible you have to setup the shares again? I have not tried LibreELEC server -> Windows client, but Windows server -> LibreELEC client demands to set the maximum version to Samba Protocol v2, could that be a factor here too?

If all else fails, please have a look at these posts:

Sharing additional folders from LibreELEC via SMB [LibreELEC.wiki]

SMB not working

EDIT: Probably you should set the minimum version to v2 as well, since you're using Windows 10.

It seems I'm also late to the party...

Firstly, kudos to @jernej for all the work!!

I have PengPod 1000 based on AllWinner A10 lying around doing nothing. I was stoked when I learned about efforts being put into supporting it.

I'll do what I can to help with testing. I tried the mele image and it didn't work out of the box... Unfortunately the board comes only with a mini HDMI output. When I get such a cable I will try again with an external display.

At first glance it doesn't seem to be related to Armbian's problem, the logs attached there show that the kernel at least boots, in our case the kernel fails to boot because of that SRAM mapping error.

I edited my last post, but it was after you had posted this (that's the risk involved with having to approve all replies).

I tried SPI with a different image (one that works), and it has the same "couldn't map SRAM to device" error, but after that it loads the kernel...

I think the problem is not related to those messages and instead happens when uboot tries to load the kernel... but alas, I think there is no way see what happens.

Yes, that's the correct way to do it. You should instantly get a log if you did it right.

Thank you!

I was able to do it and I can confirm the issue is the same and hasn't been fixed as of version 10.10.

hastebin

EDIT: I played around a bit and it seems to happen with a fresh install too (first boot decompresses the image, second boot hangs up). On a side note, something similar has been happening with Armbian for a while now, not sure if it's the same cause or not.

EDIT2: So I tried SPI with a different image (one that works), and it has the same "couldn't map SRAM to device" error, but after that it loads the kernel...