Nightly images for A64, H3, H5, H6 and R40 boards

• What do you mean by active? Mali is GPU and without it, you wouldn't see GUI, ever. But if you mean if mesa is used, yes it is. Binary driver was replaced few months back with mesa.

Regarding deinterlacing, no it's not in yet. It needs some more debugging.

Sorry of course i meant the lima driver, not the mali hw. I suppose by mesa you refer to lima?

Its just too exciting seeing how many communities are working hand in hand on mainlining all aspects of SOCs. Now seems pine phone is about to get embedded controller support (crust).

I wish this would also happen at the same pace with other vendors SOCs.

• The Kodi v19 with Pylon 3.0 would not work with addons with Pylon 2.1.0. So new Kodi users want the old addons can not use Libreelec any more. Should there be a place for the final version of the last Kodi version (eg: version 18) for download? If not, do any one have the latest Kodi 18 for Orange Pi (PC, Lite, One-Plus) and Banana Pi A20 that I can download? Thank you. (There was a big debate on Pylon 3.0 with or without 2.1.1 on Kodi v19 release last month, but at this moment, the without wins.)

Libreelec 9.80 moved to matrix about november 2019. Oldest nightly build I got is 20191019. It's with Leia I'm sure.

But it's img.gz compiled for orangepi-pc. There's no H3 tar. :(

Image I saved you can download from here

http://www.besit.ru/shared/LibreEL…ngepi-pc.img.gz

If you know when they stopeed python2 support, I can search my storage for more fresh images.

• Hi,

At this day, Libreelec seems to be the only distro to have mainline kernel, lima and hardware acceleration working on Olimex A64 and A20(I don't know about the other boards if the problem is present in all allwinner board with mali gpu). Is it possible to get this working on another distribution like debian or gentoo ?

• Official Post

Is it possible to get this working on another distribution like debian or gentoo ?

Sure, "just" pick patches from LE build system. Note, Kodi on LE does HW video decoding with patched ffmpeg and proper use of it. This probably won't work with random video player. I think that mpv needs only one small patch but I didn't try it in a long time. There is also an effort to make proper VAAPI layer which would be useful for most players but it currently doesn't work with latest kernel and wouldn't work with HW decoding improvements from LE without modifications. That's because kernel API for this kind of VPU HW is not yet stable and changes from kernel to kernel.

• Libreelec 9.80 moved to matrix about november 2019. Oldest nightly build I got is 20191019. It's with Leia I'm sure.

But it's img.gz compiled for orangepi-pc. There's no H3 tar. :(

Image I saved you can download from here

http://www.besit.ru/shared/LibreEL…ngepi-pc.img.gz

If you know when they stopeed python2 support, I can search my storage for more fresh images.

Thank you, but I can't get to the site to download. Please verify.

• Hi guys,

I'm new in this forum and I'm very happy there are still people keeping the A20 alive.
    Today I compiled an image for my BananaPro successfully (LibreELEC (community): devel-20200512111359-cf26681 (A20.arm)).
    Since I want to use it für my music collection only, I'm interested in this features:
    - SATA support for SSD (AHCI)
    - touchscreen support (fex-files)
    - IR-remote control support (sunxi-ir)
    - on board WLAN support

I know what changes are needed on standard debian systems, but I don't know what changes are needed for this special LE filesystem.

I'm new to LE, but I keep on learning.

First I experienced problems with AHCI:

dmesg | grep -i ahci gave me:

LibreELEC:~ # dmesg | grep -i ahci

[ 0.364898] ahci-sunxi 1c18000.sata: 1c18000.sata supply ahci not found, using dummy regulator

[ 0.365011] ahci-sunxi 1c18000.sata: 1c18000.sata supply phy not found, using dummy regulator

[ 0.365089] ahci-sunxi 1c18000.sata: 1c18000.sata supply target not found, using dummy regulator

[ 0.421045] ahci-sunxi 1c18000.sata: PHY power up failed.

[ 0.426876] ahci-sunxi: probe of 1c18000.sata failed with error -5

Some users of armbian forum experienced the same issue...

Is there planned any support for these issues?
    Maybe some of you may help getting this to work.

Greetings

PS:
    Thanks a lot to those guys who thought of banana pi support and to those who push this project forward!

Edited 3 times, last by MusicPi (May 12, 2020 at 10:47 PM).

• It's not hard to build addons. You may take it here

pvr.iptvsimple-4.12.0.1.zip

Thank you for your efforts to help and advise.

But that's useless at the moment. See:

Addons should be updated now.

And I can confirm that. Since then, the Simple PVR Client has been working again.

Regards

Luboš

• Sure, "just" pick patches from LE build system. Note, Kodi on LE does HW video decoding with patched ffmpeg and proper use of it. This probably won't work with random video player. I think that mpv needs only one small patch but I didn't try it in a long time. There is also an effort to make proper VAAPI layer which would be useful for most players but it currently doesn't work with latest kernel and wouldn't work with HW decoding improvements from LE without modifications. That's because kernel API for this kind of VPU HW is not yet stable and changes from kernel to kernel.

Thanks for your answer.

I would like to try that.

So in theory I need to apply the patches from 'http://LibreELEC.tv/packages/multimedia/ffmpeg/patches' ?

The player i would like to use is indeed mpv. Do you know where i can find the patch ?

Would I also need patches from libreelec for the kernel ? It seems so because when looking at linux/patches/amlogic/ there is some patches linked to lima.

Should I also use the patches from projects/Allwinner/devices/A64/patches ?

The build i would to try first is OLIMEX/build.

• Tested the Banana Pro with LibreELEC-A20.Arm-9.80..., could not get audio on HDMI. Is it a setting error or just not support the HDMI Audio yet? I could not install Addons for Exodus Redux or Exodus on Kodi v19 for Pylon 3.0.0, any advise? Wait for Addons update? Kodi would include Pylon 2.... addition in the future? Or find a way to modify addons or kodi on pylon? Thank you.

• Hello i tested the A64 image and it functions very well; however, audio seems a bit *low* - is this a limitation of the A64(+) board? On Raspberry it sounds much louder (with same standard settings - although on openelec). Thank you.