Posts by MusicPi

Banana Pro is not supported, only BananaPi (non-pro). If you used that image then that's probably the reason why you're experience problems.

I guess SATA and IR should work (never tested it). Wifi would probably work, if proper config file is added. Not sure what you mean with touchscreen. I enabled most drivers in kernel. So, if it is already supported in mainline kernel, then it works.

Thanks for your reply.

I've been playing around with the bananapro images.

Here is what I did yet:

BananaPro support:

- I added platform parameter for bananapro, which links to bananapro.dtb instead of bananapi.dtb

-> HDMI output freezes while booting, no green LED flashing

-> has to be done more than just adding dtb file?

AHCI problem:

- Created a folder "allwinner" in http://LibreELEC.tv/packages/tools/u-boot/patches and created patch in there (link below).

-> Still no Sata drive found

-> is that folder the right location for u-boot patches?

-> has to be done more than just creating a patch file?

Touchscreen driver:

- I'm using the original 5" LCD touchpanel from LeMaker.

-> touch: They have ft5x_ts driver in their own kernel (link below).

---> is there any way to migrate that driver from the manufacturer's repo, e.g. as additional package?

-> screen: The screen is connected via DSI. LeMaker replaces script.bin by fex / bin files in boot partition to enable that.

---> is there any way to access the script.bin file available at /boot/ in standard file systems?

---> is there any way to cange outputfrom HDMI to DSI?

WLAN driver:

- I'm using the onboard AP6210 chip. There exist a firmware and a driver in LeMaker's repos.

-> same question as above: is there any way to migrate driver and firmware from the manufacturer's repo?

IR driver:

- not tested yet

I'd appreciate you can add support to kernel or show me further information / links!

regards

Links:

AHCI problem: U-Boot - Banan Pro (ahci-sunxi) SATA port stopped working after switching to U-Boot v2016.01

LCD touchpanel: BananaPro/Pi:LCD Module - BananaPro/Pi

LeMaker fex files: GitHub - LeMaker/fex_configuration

LeMaker kernel: GitHub - LeMaker/linux-sunxi: Linux kernel for Banana Pro and Banana Pi

LeMaker ft5x-ts driver: linux-sunxi/drivers/input/touchscreen/

LeMaker ap6210 driver: linux-sunxi/drivers/net/wireless/ap6210/

LeMaker ap6210 firmware: linux-sunxi/firmware/ap6210/

Hi guys,

I'm new in this forum and I'm very happy there are still people keeping the A20 alive.
    Today I compiled an image for my BananaPro successfully (LibreELEC (community): devel-20200512111359-cf26681 (A20.arm)).
    Since I want to use it für my music collection only, I'm interested in this features:
    - SATA support for SSD (AHCI)
    - touchscreen support (fex-files)
    - IR-remote control support (sunxi-ir)
    - on board WLAN support

I know what changes are needed on standard debian systems, but I don't know what changes are needed for this special LE filesystem.

I'm new to LE, but I keep on learning.

First I experienced problems with AHCI:

dmesg | grep -i ahci gave me:

LibreELEC:~ # dmesg | grep -i ahci

[ 0.364898] ahci-sunxi 1c18000.sata: 1c18000.sata supply ahci not found, using dummy regulator

[ 0.365011] ahci-sunxi 1c18000.sata: 1c18000.sata supply phy not found, using dummy regulator

[ 0.365089] ahci-sunxi 1c18000.sata: 1c18000.sata supply target not found, using dummy regulator

[ 0.421045] ahci-sunxi 1c18000.sata: PHY power up failed.

[ 0.426876] ahci-sunxi: probe of 1c18000.sata failed with error -5

Some users of armbian forum experienced the same issue...

Is there planned any support for these issues?
    Maybe some of you may help getting this to work.

Greetings

PS:
    Thanks a lot to those guys who thought of banana pi support and to those who push this project forward!