Trash-talk vol 2

• Nobody owes me nothing. :)

I fully agree with vpeter - if you simply want a working Amlogic device an don't care if it uses an old kernel with a ton of hacks (as a user you shouldn't care!), you should switch to CoreELEC.

All of us here know what you did good!

Very kind of you.

Surely I could find CoreELEC better if the same support I'm seeing now with N2. was made for other models.

I can still change more,

It just just blew people down the same path!

What we have with Coreelec with 3.14.

We have with LibreELEC with 3.14.

• why are you dealing with this empty debate. Who wants to use the course of the device. amlogic kernel same, patches same, kodi same. Therefore we will comment on coreelec and write to the corresponding forum. It is wrong to compare the two versions.

• OK, you stand out as one in a hundred for whom it didn't work.

Btw, I didn't see your posts on CE forum mentioning this mysterious error/bug. Can you point me in the right direction ?

• So, you are KodiKing on CE forum ? If so, then your ethernet IS working, as KodiKing there explained, but in his case only 100Mbit/s, not 1000Mbit/s like mine or everybody elses.

• So, you are KodiKing on CE forum ? If so, then your ethernet IS working, as KodiKing there explained, but in his case only 100Mbit/s, not 1000Mbit/s like mine or everybody elses.

Yes that was i'm talking about yeah.

But how to use 100Mbit/s at boot?

• This CE 3.14 vs LE 4.x/5.y really is a *stupid* debate, fueled by some insecure folks !

The comparison is just damn wrong. LE 3.14 also works, if you forget. If balbes150 et al are trying to move the goalposts by experimenting with the new kernel (and calling it *experimental*) we should appreciate these efforts.

Remember all these dev folks are volunteers. They owe you nothing, but you as user owe them a lot !🐵🐵

• This thread is for balbes150 testing LE releases which are now focussed on the mainline kernel. If you want to run CE releases and discuss CE topics please take the chatter to their forum. If you want to experiment with mainline kernel images and LE things feel free to hang around here.

• CoreELEC is moderating any threads not related to the Odroid-N2 or legacy boxes, there's no free speech over there... LibreELEC is at least trying to keep universal support mainline for the SoCs themselves, CoreELEC is focusing their efforts on the old SDK instead...

That's the difference.

This is a bullshit statement. LE dropped support for AML boxes (and this is still the status of LE on AMLogic), this was the very reason why CE branched. All of the current leia builds running LE are highly experimental and largely unstable compared to CE and are not officially supported.

If dropping support for the huge number of people running AMLogic boxes is universal support then you live in astrange sub-universe. People who have been in this game a lot longer than you are simply pointing out the reality that CE is the only fully supported and stable solution for AMLogic boxes - and that reality is entirely down to LE's policy decisons.

Shoog

• CoreELEC is moderating any threads not related to the Odroid-N2 or legacy boxes, there's no free speech over there... LibreELEC is at least trying to keep universal support mainline for the SoCs themselves, CoreELEC is focusing their efforts on the old SDK instead...

That's the difference.

Simply not true, you can discuss any AMLogic box and will receive support for you question. At the moment developer attention is on the N2, mainly because CE for S905/S912 is stable and simply works, but support for N2 is a work in progress.

Shoog

• Shoog I couldn't of said it better myself.

It is no secret that the admins here have never liked Amlogic with all its "hacks" and now they have sent kszaq to do their dirty work and remove it.

Goodbye Amlogic 3.14 by kszaq · Pull Request #3458 · LibreELEC/LibreELEC.tv · GitHub

You only have to look at who has liked this pull request to realise how out of touch the admins here are with their userbase.

This is the exact reason CoreELEC was created.

• Everything is much simpler. Nobody here forbade doing Amlogic builds, but if there is no official support, then no one will share the donate. And if you can do something, why do it for free? Therefore, the CE resource was created. It's just like a clear day ...

• 1. Everyone can use the system that he considers necessary.

2. This topic is about LE and specifically about the version with kernel 5 (at the moment), so all discussions of coreelec are not relevant here. Want to talk to the coreelec - go on an appropriate forum or create its subject. I'm not going to read a bunch of useless posts unrelated to this topic.

3. Request to the moderators to strictly prevent all flood post.