[S812] MIII Plus 2Gb\16Gb eMMC

• mark2

Do I understand correctly that the image version Minix 20170605 in the list set visible and available WiFi hotspot ? If you try to connect to Wi-Fi TV box hangs ? You can connect to the LE via SSH and run multiple commands ?

To All

Pay attention - check to run when you run "clean" system (when running from external media). If you try to run through the upgrade of an existing system, very often the old settings interfere to determine exactly where the error is.

balbes150 Yes that is correct Minix image 20170605 when I switch Wifi on it finds my connection

It also finds other connections nearby but when I select connect it does say ready it does not say online

I just tried again selected wifi and connect rebooted with Ethernet disconnected

It won't reboot past the Kodi v17.3 screen just freezes

I then pull power cord insert Ethernet cable reboot fine and runs fine until I go in settings

Also after restarting I went in LibreElec settings to turn off wifi then the box freeze

• mark2 that's really strange- I'm using the 20170605 build indeed, I have even reinstalled it.

BT is switched on, but when going to the Bluetooth tab in Settings, "No Bluetooth adapter found".

No LAN, no Wi-Fi, which is why I'm now using the MKIII_Plus build of 20170605 which works smooth and with fast LAN at least and otherwise works smoothly.

It is strange that BT is working on your Minix, because both BT and Wi-Fi are on the same AP6335/BCM4339.

Arcee Yes this is a strange one as we both have same boxes you can try this

Make sure Wifi turned off in LibreElec settings reboot box then try BT also connect LAN

IF it crashes or freezes pull power cord then restart

I have also had LibreElec settings not ready yet all problems from Wifi switched on

• balbes150

P: /devices/platform/aml_sdio.0/mmc_host/sdio/sdio:0001/sdio:0001:1

E: DEVPATH=/devices/platform/aml_sdio.0/mmc_host/sdio/sdio:0001/sdio:0001:1

E: DRIVER=bcmsdh_sdmmc

E: MODALIAS=sdio:c00v02D0d4335

E: SDIO_CLASS=00

E: SDIO_ID=02D0:4335

E: SUBSYSTEM=sdio

E: SYSTEMD_WANTS=brcmfmac_sdio-firmware-aml.service

E: TAGS=:systemd:

E: USEC_INITIALIZED=22134042

Module Size Used by

hidp 11852 1

hci_uart 41035 1

8021q 16069 0

bnep 9412 2

mali 161349 5

btsdio 2450 0

bluetooth 194838 30 bnep,hidp,btsdio,hci_uart

hid_logitech_dj 9583 0

dhd 659559 0

cfg80211 204414 1 dhd

• balbes150 The update tar (Minix\20170606) booted

I went into LibreELEC settings no Wifi option in Network only wired BT as now stopped working

line of script under LibreELEC (community) - version: 17.3 says

[FAILED] Failed to start Load Kernel Modules.

See systemct status systemd-modules-load.service for details

Thanks again for your efforts

put the update tar from (20170605) working fine again BT working no Wifi must keep Wifi switched off otherwise box freeze

Edited once, last by mark2 (June 6, 2017 at 5:04 PM).

• A friend has brought me his Kazoo Box, which I believe is an M8S, 2g8g with the AP6335 chip in it. Is this image " LibreELEC-S812.LAN1000.arm-17.3.img.gz" suitable version of Libreelec for this box?

• Official Post

Added another test image (Minix\20170607).

The chances of this working, not much, but try this option. It uses the dtb from the new Minix firmware 5.1.

A friend has brought me his Kazoo Box, which I believe is an M8S, 2g8g with the AP6335 chip in it. Is this image " LibreELEC-S812.LAN1000.arm-17.3.img.gz" suitable version of Libreelec for this box?

Try all options, perhaps there are different added to the network.

• Added another test image (Minix\20170607).

The chances of this working, not much, but try this option. It uses the dtb from the new Minix firmware 5.1.

Try all options, perhaps there are different added to the network.

Thanks Balbes150 for this image. I had tried the last May image and this Kazoo Box just never seemed to work properly. I then tried this June image and the box started up properly and seems to be working excellently. WIFI and Ethernet are working well. All other functions I have tried seem to be working as they should.

Thanks for keeping this processor/box up to date with Libreelec.

• Added another test image (Minix\20170607).

balbes150 You are correct (Minix\20170607) did not work i tried tar and img.gz

after reboot nothing wont boot to LibreELEC at all

thanks for trying

• 1. The model on the board itself is M8 v8.9 - the firmware it uses, stock, is cyx_m8s_v8.6_bcm4335_8g2g_kodi_addons_160125_USB - there was a newer release but it wouldn't flash for me...odd that the firmware it uses is 8.6, while the board is labeled 8 .9. My dtb file is somewhere earlier in the thread, and as a patch in my fork of your LE repo.

2. idUI

3. I guess it would have to be 4.4, no versions beyond this have been functional.

I have this same board but v8.8, runs the same libreelec versions you have mentioned. I can flash this and wifi, Bluetooth all work but old version kodi. LibreELEC_8.0.0-Begicj-M8S_S812_4335

I installed the mxIII s8x2 version successfully but clearly this doesn't support my bcm4335 chip so wifi and Bluetooth doesn't work but kodi 17.3. Have you had any success with merging the 4335 support to a .tar update file?

• I have this same board but v8.8, runs the same libreelec versions you have mentioned. I can flash this and wifi, Bluetooth all work but old version kodi. LibreELEC_8.0.0-Begicj-M8S_S812_4335

YEEESSSSSS!!!!!!!

I installed this build on my Minix X8-H Plus and, for the first time EVER I've got Wi-Fi working in Krypton!!!!

So happy!!

But, this is a really old beta version of Krypton. So, if we can get the drivers of this one working in the latest build of balbes150 then problem solved, Wi-Fi will work!

Problem with this build LibreELEC_8.0.0-Begicj-M8S_S812_4335:

- The Ethernet/LAN doesn't work on the Minix X8-H Plus

But, since Wi-Fi works, I'm now connected with SSH through Wi-Fi. Some of the entries that may be of use:

1. udevadm info /sys/bus/sdio/devices/sdio* output:

2. lsmod

Code
    LibreELEC:~ # lsmod
    Module                  Size  Used by
    8021q                  16193  0
    btsdio                  2426  0
    dhd                   658942  0
    bluetooth             193100  1 btsdio
    wifi_dummy               737  0
    mali                  161091  5
  • I'm testing this build LibreELEC_8.0.0-Begicj-M8S_S812_4335 a bit more on my Minix X8-H Plus:

- Ethernet is not working. I've tried to configure the connection manually by setting IP and gateway in the connections screen. But no connection.

- Wi-Fi works straight away on first run and it's fast.

- The best news: also 4K works! I've got full screen and it's really 4K and 4K x264 videos do play fine.

- Didn't test Bluetooth because I wouldn't know what to test it with - and I don't need it to be honest.

So basically, everything I need works in this build.

Problem is that installing this one erases everything, my sources.xml and advanced settings and stuff, all gone ;(

But hey, anything that helps getting Wi-Fi to work on my Minix X8-H Plus..!

If we'd get the drivers from this build working in the 17.3 build of balbes150 then we've got the perfect Kodi for me and the Minix X8-H Plus is back alive!

• You need to activate the new option of multi-boot (using the files that are included in your new way). Now you have enabled the old scheme, which can only run older images.

Code
    bootcmd=run startfromext; run storeboot

This line should look like this

run start_autoscript; run storeboot

LibreELEC.tv/aml_autoscript.src at Amlogic-Krypton · 150balbes/LibreELEC.tv · GitHub

I have the current version of your git built, do I actually need to modify some files? The scripts etc are all from the image I built using your master branch.