[S812] MIII Plus 2Gb\16Gb eMMC

• glenrunciter - this is excellent info, thank you!

Did you also try the S812 MXIII release published in this post, with positive / negative results?

If only I could find any compatible firmware for the CX-S812 (S812-H chip) in .ZIP format, I would use the Amlogic Bootcard Maker to restore from bricked attempts.

Because I've searched dozens of hours and never found anything I can use in conjunction with the Bootcard Maker to create a restore flash, I have never been brave enough to try non-compatible releases as you have done here.

My biggest concern is the WiFi. I'm configuring this for the in-laws (I have also upgraded to s905 boxes myself) and the Kerber version's WiFi is not working good. Are you using a hard-wire LAN or WiFi with that firmware?

Thanks again!

• I use ethernet for all my devices.
    The s806 has a fast ethernet and a basic n wifi card, both low end connectivity.If your inlaws live in the desert they might be a able to combine 2 bands and achieve 150mb/s, but usually an ap6220 wificard like on the cxs806 means 72mb/s max.
    HD over wifi requires ap6335 or better, and an "ac" router/mesh.

I was brave because i bought a cheapo T95x - which works fine with kzaqs build.

Not sure what you mean with the mxiii build. You mean the mxiiiG build? That one has gig ethernet an a ap6330.. specced above the cx s806.

• glenrunciter -
    Yes, I'm strictly an Ethernet guy myself. However, 72mbps WiFi would be more than enough for any standard x264/x265 scene/internal rip.

I believe scene compliance for 720p is between 4 and 8 Mbps (or just over 2 for animation). For 1080p it's about 8 to 14 Mbps or about 5 Mbps for animation. If you're into streaming 4k (I definitely am not) - that's all x265 and very well compressed. In my case, other than a few key movies, I don't watch anything in formats over 720p and have never, not once, had an issue with the six s802-H devices currently at my inlaws, with one exception (which is why I'm sending them an old s812).

Not sure what you mean with the mxiii build.

I was just referring to the ROM mentioned in this post we're accidentally hijacking (sorry about that, but it will be helpful for many others who stumble on this looking for an s812 release and wondering). The original poster's ROM is an s812 ROM, although it's a 16GB eMMC (our CX-S806's are s812-H with 2 GB / 8 GB). So you're right, sticking with the MXIII build you mentioned is probably the best way to go.

Thanks again!

• Hi,

Thanks for your great job.

all is ok with my MX3-G S812, Android 5.1.1 and dual boot from SD with LibreElec 8.0.0

i have only one issue : i can't read video file from USB Key or Disk

in fact, i don't find the usb when i choose video -> File

can you help me please

-----------

Edit 1 : I mount my usb key manually with the command : mount /dev/sda1 /var/media/

i will check if it will mount automatically after reboot or not

Edit 2 : ok with the command mount, i find my USB key and i can play video but after restart i need to do the command manually

Edited once, last by tounsi9_4 (January 3, 2017 at 11:09 AM).

• Have you tried the version from this directory ?
    dF7ASRFGygDMj

You need to download and burn to SD card these two file. Next, use the toothpick or use the app "Update&Backup".
    Yandex.Disk

Activation multi-boot is possible only with SD card. After activating multi-boot, the system will be able to run images from SD cards and USB flash drives. Please note, the initial activation of the multi-boot is possible ONLY with SD card.

Hello Balbes150,
    i download this 2 files and copy to sdcard.With toothpick i try activating multi-boot but i see only blinking logo for my m8s+ box...My sdcard is 16gb formated in fat32.

• Hello Balbes150,
    i download this 2 files and copy to sdcard.With toothpick i try activating multi-boot but i see only blinking logo for my m8s+ box...My sdcard is 16gb formated in fat32.

We seem to be at the same stage with the same problem.
    My card is 2GB, formatted as FAT, with label of BOOT. Copied both of those files to the card and tried toothpick, but only see "Google TV" before the box restarts.

• A question to the owners S812 and S802 in which the activated multiboot. Can anyone help me in initial testing Linux\Ubuntu platform s802\s812 ? The task is simple - download the image, burn to USB stick or card you need to copy the dtb and try to start the system. I am interested in overall health (presence of images on the monitor have different models).
    Test images can be downloaded here.
    Yandex.Disk

• A question to the owners S812 and S802 in which the activated multiboot. Can anyone help me in initial testing Linux\Ubuntu platform s802\s812 ? The task is simple - download the image, burn to USB stick or card you need to copy the dtb and try to start the system. I am interested in overall health (presence of images on the monitor have different models).
    Yandex.Disk

Hi balbes150,

I'm currently using on Nand your libreelec 8.0 version on my Tronfy Telos MXIV (=S812 MIII Plus 2Gb/16Gb).
    All works like a charm. :cool: ... Great job dude.
    I am interested to help you and for my part to discover ^^ , your ubuntu arm release.
    But i'm a newbie regarding the dtb file?
    I burn your img on my usb stick with rufus.
    I saw the directory dtd with lot of dtb, but what do I have to do excatly ?
    FYI, i've tried to boot on usb without any change, doesn't work at , except the libreelec (on nand) restart in 720P resolution.

Thanks for your help, your time and your patience.

Yandex.Disk

Hi Bebles,

Linux works on S812.

Exist. system is: S812 + 2Gb ram + 8gb emmc + 100 mbps ethernet on android 5.1.1 - M8S + Your Libreelec/KRYPTON-17 - works in Multiboot from USB/SD card

Your: Yandex.Disk - Desktop version
    extract: Armbian_5.24_Vegas812_Ubuntu_xenial_3.10.33_desktop_20170106.img - use 7ZIP
    Used - HDDRawCopy1.10 to transfer to USB (kignston 16 gb). Note: Use good quality USB or SD card otherwise linux would not boot or black screen.
    Add: dtb.img file to root of USB. (I already had mine dtb.img file but anyone can use from dtb folders based on your M8S - copy that file to root folder of USB & rename to dtb.img
    Delete - aml_autoscript (I already had multiboot)

Insert USB to M8S & wait for screen to go off & on. After 2 to 4 mins - typ. linux cmd line scrolling - then ask for login/password.
    login - root
    password - 1234
    & now change password (requirement)

Now you will have desktop of armbian.

----
    - Ethernet works
    - WiFi not checked
    - Bluetooth - not working - says no adapter installed
    - screen resolution - 720p only on hdmi - could not change to 1080p. tried h3disp without sucess.
    - hdmi audio - do not wotk - only has analog audio in hardware - do not know how to change audio to hdmi
    - two demo video on desk top - both works in vlc
    - firefox works -
    - youtube works in 360p. 720p plays with difficulies - choppie, 1080p - does not play
    - normal no software running - cpu 1% usage & 151M memory usage. (in uxterm)
    - firefox + 720p youtube - all 4core cpu go to 99% usage -
    ------

Edited once, last by MakaaiD (January 7, 2017 at 6:02 AM).

• Hello guys,

i resolve my problem

it was the type of usb the problem, it was vfat and i formated it in exfat and now it is working fine

• We seem to be at the same stage with the same problem.
    My card is 2GB, formatted as FAT, with label of BOOT. Copied both of those files to the card and tried toothpick, but only see "Google TV" before the box restarts.

Hello,
    i have the same problem in the beginning and now it's work
    so you can find in my site a tuto (in french) with picture (Dualboot Android et LibreElec sur MX3-G - IT Tutorials)
    and here i put you the main procedure quickly :

1- formated your micro SD carte with SD Formater
    2- copy the 2 files in the SD card (aml_autoscript ans aml_autoscript.zip)
    3- insert the sd card in the box
    4- Go the apps Update/Backup
    5- do the update, your box will reboot in android system
    6- Take the microSD, and now create the LibreElec card with win32 disk image
    7- delete the two file (aml_autoscript ans aml_autoscript.zip) from the card
    8- put the sd card in you box and reboot it
    9- if all is ok you will have the LibreElec logo boot

i hope it will help you

• You need to copy the dtb from a directory in the root of FAT partition file "meson8m2_n200_2G.dtb" and rename it to "dtb.img". If You have not yet activated multiboot, it will need to be activated.

• You need to copy the dtb from a directory in the root of FAT partition file "meson8m2_n200_2G.dtb" and rename it to "dtb.img". If You have not yet activated multiboot, it will need to be activated.

Boot OK.
    Quick Summary:
    - HDMI Res: 720P only
    - Videos on desktop works but no sound.
    - No Network. Probably drivers for Eth100Mb. My Eth is 1000Mb

Feel free to let me know if you want more information or do some more tests.

Thx

• Hello,
    i confirm for m8s+ is not working......

• I followed your guide and this is now working for me, thank you so much. :)
    (Tested with "LibreELEC-S812.LAN1000.arm-7.0.2.6_20161130.img" on an SD card).
    [hr]

Updated General version 20161229 (catalog LAN1000). An additional way to "Test" it changed the files for the WiFi network. If at the start of the image LAN1000 WiFi network will not work, please check how will the network work in the form of "Test".

I have updated from LE 7.0.2.6 to 7.0.3.2, chose Programs > LE Configuration > System > Update Channel = 7.0.
    After this my System page is now blank. Is there a way I can restore this?

Edited once, last by winnyuk (January 7, 2017 at 6:41 PM).

• Hello,
    i confirm for m8s+ is not working......

Hello,

so after some test, it's not work with sd card dualboot

but it work fine if you write the LibreElec image in USB key and do the boot from USB

so you need to update the bootloader with sd card

and then use USB key for libreelec image

good luck

• hello,
    thanks for help....yes it working on usb but on sdcard no...only blank screen...I have fast sdcard and prefer sdcard boot so maybe balbes150 can update universal multiboot for my m8s+ box..thanks again....

Edited once, last by stupin (January 8, 2017 at 6:43 PM).