Posts by glenrunciter

I'm using a Mini M8S(S905) to access files on my home server. I've recently started using 4k content and the 100Mbit ethernet port on the M8S doesn't seem to have enough bandwidth for some of the higher bitrate files, resulting in buffering every 10-15 seconds or stuttering.

The same files play back fine if put on a USB 2.0 hard drive so the best solution I've though of is a USB Gigabit ethernet adapter. I won't get the full gigabit but hopefully I can use the bandwidth available at the USB port.
    Does Libreelec have support for any USB Gigabit ethernet adapters or 802.11ac wifi adapters?

Any recommendations on an adapter would be appreciated.
    Thanks.

I have a long shot you might try. Is yours a scenario with an AVR involved ? You might want to confirm your audio settings are defaulted to 2.0 speaker settings. Kodi is counter intuitive when it comes to surround settings, if you run a 5.1 rig you're bound to select 5.1 settings..but you shouldnt. This results in the "appearently bandwidth related" issues.

I use ethernet for all my devices.
    The s806 has a fast ethernet and a basic n wifi card, both low end connectivity.If your inlaws live in the desert they might be a able to combine 2 bands and achieve 150mb/s, but usually an ap6220 wificard like on the cxs806 means 72mb/s max.
    HD over wifi requires ap6335 or better, and an "ac" router/mesh.

I was brave because i bought a cheapo T95x - which works fine with kzaqs build.

Not sure what you mean with the mxiii build. You mean the mxiiiG build? That one has gig ethernet an a ap6330.. specced above the cx s806.

Is there any chance this s812 build would work with the CX-S806 boxes running Amlogic s812 chips?

They're setup as: 2GB RAM, 8GB NAND, 100-Mbps NIC + WiFi is the standard ?6230? (not the Realtek)

Kerber previously had some builds for this box, labeled 806-812, but eventually stopped releasing them.

Thank you in advance!

Former Kerber user myself.

I successfully installed LE 7.2.0.6. on my cx-s806 (812 edition) just now.
    Wifi and LAN are fine.
    Only consideration is that during boot-up the led briefly shines blue, and then turns to red while the device happily continues to boot. I have a youtube movie playing on the CX as I type this ... but the LED stays red. No biggy for me as this box is now my backup, I use a T95x (1/8) as my main rig for VP9 / HDR / 10bit reasons.

I used this file from Balbes work using a thumbdrive and a recovery.img that I extracted from one of Kerber's builds.
    Just don't forget to modify "sdcard" to udisk in the aml file, like this :

--update_package=/udisk/LibreELEC-S812.MXIII_Plus.arm-7.0.2.6-update.zip

thank you Balbes, and thank you Kerber