7.0.2.007 build for S905

• @kzsaq - Definitely a BCM4335...not sure why it's not working in your LE build.

M8s+ 4k - Android output.txt

I think there must be something different in the bootloader or kernel as the firmware that was supplied did not get the wifi working in Android. I had to make a dd copy from a working box and dd back to the non-working android wifi box the bootloader, boot, reserved and misc blocks in order to get the wifi working again in Android.

Weird.

Edited once, last by edit4ever (October 1, 2016 at 9:45 PM).

• Was same effect.
    after execute

Code
    echo 1 > /sys/module/di/parameters/bypass_all

effect gone.

Thanks!

It looks like that has fixed it. You can use "0" to switch back whilst watching live to see the difference.
    [hr]

edit4ever Have you identified your WiFi chip?

Guys with deinterlacing issue: can you please post a sample? Can be a very short one but I need to be able to reproduce it. Thanks. Yuri666 Doesn't bypass_all turn off deinterlacer?

I'll PM you a sample to try. But what Yuri666 posted works.
    Edit, your PMs are turned off.

ran-Boxen_-WM-Kampf-J_rgen-Br_hmer-vs.-Nathan-Cleverly_2016-10-01_21-40.ts - Google Drive

Very obvious around the red shorts.

Edited once, last by ant_thomas (October 1, 2016 at 10:28 PM).

• Still hunting for my wifi issue...I did a dmesg dump from Android - interesting stuff on the wifi around 17.5 seconds into boot.

Dropbox - M8s+ 4k - Android dmesg.txt

Also - here is the zipped 4335 folder with the files referenced in the dmesg.

Dropbox - 4335.zip

FYI - had to use dropbox as attachments were not working for some reason.

I'll figure this out eventually!

I think the issue has to do with the power on and maybe interrupt pins?? I believe my power on pin is 238 and interrupt on 239. The KII.dtb that exists is set to 234 and 235.

of course - I may be heading down the wrong road. :)

Edited once, last by edit4ever (October 2, 2016 at 1:50 AM).

• I'm sure others have posted this but with 7.02.007 on a 1G/8G MiniMX (S905) there are odd issues with 1080i H264.

I'm playing a BBC One HD off-air DVB-S2 recording which is H264 (MBAFF) with 1080i25 (aka 1080/50i) motion and output at 1080p50 (aka 1080/50p). It looks to me like the chroma is being deinterlaced to 25p not 50p, though the luminance is being deinterlaced to 50p, either that or the chroma and luma are offset.

Saturated areas of colour on an interlaced source judder with this build.

Everything looks fine on material shot 25p (drama, documentary etc.) but fast motion interlaced content shows the issue.

ALL S905 devices using updated AML S905 Kernels will exhibit this issue. I've seen and confirmed it with LE on the S905 Hub & Play2 as well.
    The common LibreELEC linux-amlogic Kernel has this problem. Its a recent AML SDK update that has introduced the judder issue.

My LE 7.1 on the ODROID C2 does not exhibit this problem as I've held back updating the Kernel completely.

It's such a serious issue that needs to be addressed sooner rather than later otherwise 1080i25 fast motion Sports TV viewing is basically unusable for me and many others with S905 devices using the common linux-amlogic Kernel, or variants of that Kernel source.

EDIT: I will test the bypass_all param as well.

Edited once, last by wrxtasy (October 2, 2016 at 9:10 PM).

• Hi,

I tested the "judder" issue by watching BBC One HD, BBC Two HD and NHK World HD, using the latest devel build from September 28th. I did not notice anything particularly annoying (besides the contents, BBC used to be more interesting). Could you provide a small recording that exhibits the problem?

• Hi, expecting delivery of a Nexbox a95x any day
    Slightly confused by the instructions (happens a lot ;) )
    ie step 4. S905X only: Keep dtb.img that is provided on SD card.
    So what do I do with the device tree file? ie p212_2g
    Thanks!

Hello, so what did you do with the dtb file? I was wondering this myself...

• With the image from 2016-10-03-devel and this dtb gxbb_p200_2G_beelink_minimxIII.dtb on a Beelink mx III CEC doesn't work anymore:

Code
    mxIII:~ # dmesg | grep -i cec[    3.394487@0] input: cec_input as /devices/virtual/input/input2[    3.394693@0] cectx aocec: aml_cec_probe(): no hdmirx reg resource[    3.394696@0] cectx aocec: aml_cec_probe(): no hhi reg resource[    3.394805@0] cectx aocec: aml_cec_probe(): can't find hdmirx[    3.395949@0] cec: wake up flag:0

And

Code
    mxIII:~ # grep -i cec .kodi/temp/kodi.log 11:31:28 T:548185489408  NOTICE: Register - new cec device registered on cec->AOCEC: CEC Adapter (0000:0000)11:31:28 T:547828908256   ERROR: CecLogMessage - AllocateLogicalAddresses - failed to allocate device '0', type 'playback device'11:31:28 T:547828908256   ERROR: CecLogMessage - failed to find a free logical address for the client11:31:28 T:547828908256   ERROR: CecLogMessage - failed to register the new CEC client - cannot allocate the requested device types11:31:28 T:547828908256   ERROR: CecLogMessage - failed to register a CEC client11:31:28 T:547820519648   ERROR: OpenConnection - could not opening a connection to the CEC adapter

The topology is mxIII -> Onkyo receiver -> Samsung TV. It was previously working quite well, but after upgrading it by putting the img.gz in ~/.update CEC stopped working.

• Hello, so what did you do with the dtb file? I was wondering this myself...

I have a NexBox A95X 2gb/16 gb and was able to install Librelec 7.0.2.007 SD card version WITHOUT replacing the dtb.img file. I didn't even have to use the toothpick method. I just inserted the card in the slot, powered the box on and it booted right up. It is working fine so far.
    I also have another NexBox A5 2gb/16gb box and was not able to install librelec with the dtb.img file on SD card. I am going to replace the dtb.img file with p212_2g and see what happens.

• ***EDIT*** i've managed to get the old android firmware to load using a bootcard maker.

Hello guys,

Im running 007 fine for a while now on my t95n mini m8s pro (s905) from internal nand.
    But i now is see that there is a new android firmware i would like to check.
    download-android-lollipop-5-1-1-stock-firmware-t95n-mini-m8s-pro.html

But i can't seem to get the box in recovery mode. i've tried what the first page tells me to do.
    CAUTION (S905): To boot into recovery after installing LE to internal memory use this procedure:

• prepare a clean, FAT32-formatted SD card or USB drive
    • copy recovery.img and dtb.img from your Android firmware to SD card (don't use dtb.img for LE!)
    • use "toothpick" method to boot from SD card/USB drive

But it doesn't work. i've tried the recovery and dtp img from the newest firmware, i've tried the dtb.img from previouse android firmware (the one you guys needed to for the new device trees) and i've tried the dtp from LE eventhough you say i shouldn't

Am i missing something here?
    Thanks in advance and keep it up. learning every day!

Edited once, last by DjTeaser (October 5, 2016 at 9:56 AM).

• You don't need recovery SD card. Recovery already is on internal flash. Simple use "toothpick" method without any SD card in slot. It will start recovery with menu.

Edited once, last by afl1 (October 5, 2016 at 10:12 AM).

• You don't need recovery SD card. Recovery already is on internal flash. Simple use "toothpick" method without any SD card in slot. It will start recovery with menu.

You don't need recovery SD card. Recovery already is on internal flash. Simple use "toothpick" method without any SD card in slot. It will start recovery with menu.

Even with LE installed?

• Even with LE installed?

Yes. Recovery has special partition on internal flash.

But for install LE there is another problem. Android install script is checking if the image is for box by reading file build.prop and this file is not included in LE installation.

Code
    !less_than_int(1470708872, getprop("ro.build.date.utc"))) || abort("Can't install this package (Tue Aug  9 10:14:32 CST 2016) over newer build (" + getprop("ro.build.date") + ").");
    getprop("ro.product.device") == "ki_plus" && getprop("ro.platform.ddrsize") == "1G" || abort("This package is for \"ki_plus\" devices; this is a \"" + getprop("ro.product.device") + " ddrsize=" + getprop("ro.platform.ddrsize") + "\".");

kszaq: It wiil be nice add to "installtointernal" preserve build.prop file.

Edited once, last by afl1 (October 5, 2016 at 10:38 AM).

• But i can't seem to get the box in recovery mode. i've tried what the first page tells me to do.
    CAUTION (S905): To boot into recovery after installing LE to internal memory use this procedure:

• prepare a clean, FAT32-formatted SD card or USB drive
    • copy recovery.img and dtb.img from your Android firmware to SD card (don't use dtb.img for LE!)
    • use "toothpick" method to boot from SD card/USB drive

I am not sure what you are trying to achieve with new Android Firmware ?
    But anyway here are the files to boot to recovery from LE nand install.
    Link below.
    If you look at my signature i have had this firmware before LE was installed.

MEGA

Edited once, last by kostaman (October 5, 2016 at 2:04 PM).

• Yes. Recovery has special partition on internal flash.

afl1 Not true. If you have LE with modified dtb.img installed in internal memory, recovery won't start using toothpick method. That's why you need to have both recovery.img and dtb.img on SD card.

• Another possibility . Copy from LE SD card aml_autoscript and s905_autoscript to Recovery SD Card, rename recovery.img to kernel.img.
    Recovery SDcard will now boot after power-up. If not use toothpick method.

• I am not sure what you are trying to achieve with new Android Firmware ?
    But anyway here are the files to boot to recovery from LE nand install.
    If you look at my signature i have had this firmware before LE was installed.
    The files are packed in a zip for upload purposes.
    UNPACK and copy to sd card. Sorry if i am sounding like you don't know much
    but i have had some members skip my short instructions and end up with a bad result. ;)

I wanted to know if a certain android app would work after the update which didn't work on the old firmware. And if maybe the audio drops where fixed when using passthrough on dts files (s905 bummer). But in both cases it didn't. So no more trying using android on this box, back to libreelec and enjoy almost all the DTS and dolby digital variaties :)

New test box just arived. the mxii-g, lets play around with this one!

• With the image from 2016-10-03-devel and this dtb gxbb_p200_2G_beelink_minimxIII.dtb on a Beelink mx III CEC doesn't work anymore:

Code
    mxIII:~ # dmesg | grep -i cec[    3.394487@0] input: cec_input as /devices/virtual/input/input2[    3.394693@0] cectx aocec: aml_cec_probe(): no hdmirx reg resource[    3.394696@0] cectx aocec: aml_cec_probe(): no hhi reg resource[    3.394805@0] cectx aocec: aml_cec_probe(): can't find hdmirx[    3.395949@0] cec: wake up flag:0

And

Code
    mxIII:~ # grep -i cec .kodi/temp/kodi.log 11:31:28 T:548185489408  NOTICE: Register - new cec device registered on cec->AOCEC: CEC Adapter (0000:0000)11:31:28 T:547828908256   ERROR: CecLogMessage - AllocateLogicalAddresses - failed to allocate device '0', type 'playback device'11:31:28 T:547828908256   ERROR: CecLogMessage - failed to find a free logical address for the client11:31:28 T:547828908256   ERROR: CecLogMessage - failed to register the new CEC client - cannot allocate the requested device types11:31:28 T:547828908256   ERROR: CecLogMessage - failed to register a CEC client11:31:28 T:547820519648   ERROR: OpenConnection - could not opening a connection to the CEC adapter

The topology is mxIII -> Onkyo receiver -> Samsung TV. It was previously working quite well, but after upgrading it by putting the img.gz in ~/.update CEC stopped working.

This seems to be a side effect of running from eMMC, running from uSD doesn't show this problem. And better, running from uSD will use eMMC as storage, so all my settings and libraries are being picked up.