7.0.2.007 build for S905

• fastriker i had the same issue with this box, mine was Leelbox Mxq Pro 4k, it seems that some of this crap box sellers use a different uboot version to block multi boot, i finally fixed it with flashing this update

Download Android Lollipop 5.1.1 stock firmware for MXQ Pro TV Box - China Gadgets Reviews

download it extract everything to an USB Stick which you then plug in to USB Port 4, then in Android use the Update & Backup app and select p201-ota-20160331.zip to flash it, take note it could be that when it is in recovery that it writes out an error, if that happens choose the p201-ota-20160331.zip again in recovery, then after flashing boot logo changed, which seems to be the real stock firmware for this device, after that i finally was able to use libreelec from sdcard and also was able to flash it on the nand.

Edited once, last by cHarOn (September 14, 2016 at 1:03 PM).

• I had this. Issue the only thing I could do was put a fake update.zip (any zip file) on you sdcard and then use the android update program, choose your take zip and let it reboot. It will then boot from the sdcard, after that it will boot done without doing the update trick.

Craig

• fastriker i had the same issue with this box, mine was Leelbox Mxq Pro 4k, it seems that some of this crap box sellers use a different uboot version to block multi boot, i finally fixed it with flashing this update

Download Android Lollipop 5.1.1 stock firmware for MXQ Pro TV Box - China Gadgets Reviews

download it extract everything to an USB Stick which you then plug in to USB Port 4, then in Android use the Update & Backup app and select p201-ota-20160331.zip to flash it, take note it could be that when it is in recovery that it writes out an error, if that happens choose the p201-ota-20160331.zip again in recovery, then after flashing boot logo changed, which seems to be the real stock firmware for this device, after that i finally was able to use libreelec from sdcard and also was able to flash it on the nand.

I had this. Issue the only thing I could do was put a fake update.zip (any zip file) on you sdcard and then use the android update program, choose your take zip and let it reboot. It will then boot from the sdcard, after that it will boot done without doing the update trick.

Craig

Thank you both for the fast answers. I choose Craigs tip, because it was faster and can't brick the box. It worked perfect for me :)

• I just flashed 7.0.2.007 to my MXQ PRO 4K (with the matching mxq pro 4k dtb), via a boot to sd and installtointernal via ssh. Everything works perfect with one exception. after about 2 minutes of librelec being booted my WIFI drops off. Any suggestions?

• kszaq: from your latest development build, Audio stuttering both on SD and HD content is evident. It makes the video totally unwatchable.
    It is affecting all the video content no matter which source. Any idea what you might have changed in the latest dev build ?

awaiting fix for this. Thanks in advance.

• kszaq: from your latest development build, Audio stuttering both on SD and HD content is evident. It makes the video totally unwatchable.
    It is affecting all the video content no matter which source. Any idea what you might have changed in the latest dev build ?

Same here.

Sent from mTalk

You haven't mentioned audio stuttering, only a strange noise from time to time... but about stuttering, I am experiencing something similar on my dev build right now: with fresh install everything is OK, with my everyday data audio stutters. I will let you know when I have a fix for this.

kszaq well Im confused, works like a charm now, what did you change (or is this a placebo effect on my part from an bad flash)?

Thanks

I recompiled the tree with fixes from gxbb_p200_1G_100M_RealtekWiFi. I forgot to add them to MXQ Pro.

• Hi guys

I am trying to install LE to nand via SSH (I have never used SSH before) ...I have downloaded PUTTY and when i open it up it is asking me for a user and a password....please can someone advise what this is??? Once I get this do I then just type in

Code
    installtointernal

and wait for it to do its thing?

cheers

• Hi guys

I am trying to install LE to nand via SSH (I have never used SSH before) ...I have downloaded PUTTY and when i open it up it is asking me for a user and a password....please can someone advise what this is??? Once I get this do I then just type in

Code
    installtointernal

and wait for it to do its thing?

cheers

User: root
    password: libreelec

and then type "installtointernal" and follow the instructions

• Its ok guys....worked it out....all sorted now and working great. Just one simple request....please make it easier to load to nand....please.

Thanks for all the help to get me sorted much appreciated.

• Its ok guys....worked it out....all sorted now and working great. Just one simple request....please make it easier to load to nand....please.

There are 2 ways to load to NAND and I don't think I can make it any easier: it would be possible only if I built a dedicated version for every single box on the market. Because these builds are "generic", it takes some effort to install them, unfortunately.

• I have a question about TV/broadcasting:

Since this build (007) the playback of TV streaming
    per SimpleTV is not smooth anymore or in other
    words: Every 20 - 30 seconds there is a stuttering
    or loss in sound and picture.

Playing the files from my NAS as usually, is working
    though without a problem. It is just the TV thing.

• kszaq - did you incorporate this into your build to accommodate S905X?
    (notwithstanding perhaps there is more to be done with respect those devices?)

Thank you for all your incredible work to benefit the community - it is most appreciated.

• kszaq - did you incorporate this into your build to accommodate S905X?
    (notwithstanding perhaps there is more to be done with respect those devices?)

Pulsar's patch is not about including but removing important functionality of framebuffer console. This is a workaround and not a solution and I cannot accept it to my builds. That said until I get my S905X box (which should be a few weeks from now) I will be building a second version of kernel for S905X boxes with the workaround included.
    [hr]

I have a question about TV/broadcasting:

Since this build (007) the playback of TV streaming
    per SimpleTV is not smooth anymore or in other
    words: Every 20 - 30 seconds there is a stuttering
    or loss in sound and picture.

Playing the files from my NAS as usually, is working
    though without a problem. It is just the TV thing.

Please read this topic and reply there if solution provided fixes your issue: LibreELEC
    [hr]

kszaq: from your latest development build, Audio stuttering both on SD and HD content is evident. It makes the video totally unwatchable.

By last development build do you mean: 2016-09-13-devel ?

Please use 7.0.2.007 for now, as development builds contain untested changes. When you experience audio stuttering, please go to Audio settings, and choose "Fixed" configutation for sampling frequency.

Edited once, last by kszaq (September 14, 2016 at 8:11 PM).

• By last development build do you mean: 2016-09-13-devel ?

Please use 7.0.2.007 for now, as development builds contain untested changes. When you experience audio stuttering, please go to Audio settings, and choose "Fixed" configutation for sampling frequency.

Yes, I meant latest dev build. I also meant audio stuttering. For me fresh installation also didn't help. Finally I resorted to 007 stable build.
    I will wait for your next stable version. Thanks for all your hard work.
    Take care.

• I had this. Issue the only thing I could do was put a fake update.zip (any zip file) on you sdcard and then use the android update program, choose your take zip and let it reboot. It will then boot from the sdcard, after that it will boot done without doing the update trick.

Craig