7.0.2.006 build for S905

• I've checked the log file and you're right, it's the same problem as you.
    I've tried your solution b) and it works perfect.

Thanks a lot for your help.

You're welcome.

Good to have a confirmation for my theory that mysql rejects clients with too much difference in time/date AND it can be solved by the sleep command for all ppl with that problem.

Edited once, last by azido (August 22, 2016 at 6:18 PM).

• Hi, thanks to the HDMI-CEC function I only control the device using the remote of my TV (or a wireless keyboard in some cases) and I always unplug the power adapter after shutting down.

If I find the original remote I will test and report back when I get a chance.

Tested - the original remote does not turn the device back On after shutdown. As I said earlier, not an issue for me.

• kszaq mentioned already that there are no drivers for internal KI-Plus DVB yest.

There are working drivers at alex's openelec 6.95.3.2 ( 6.95.3.2 )
    But sadly this version not play smooth the 23.976 videos, just play at 24p and double one frame every minutes.
    And some reason kszaq can't implement it to this version. I am noon at Linux, but I think alex don't give the source.
    Other guy, called vitmod maked too working openelec/enigma version vitmod os 2.0rc6 with working drivers, but this version has problem with play 23.976 videos, and hd audio PT

Is here another version, the xtreamer openelec 7.0.3 with the same problem as the alex's build:
    40109-xtreamer-mxv-operating-systems-for-separate-installation

• I just found a .dtb file for mini m8s from another LE build. Note that I tried it "as is" but it doesn't work. I hope it can help you modify it for us mini m8s users.

Device tree for Mini M8S is already available.

• Ok...I don't expect anyone will help me but nevertheless I'll descibe my failed attemps to bring v006 into MXQ Pro Quick Play. As a side note - installing v005 works fine.
    I tried all the method...even more then in official guide:

• Toothpick - didn't work. Even if there is a switch on the board and it is soldered into it still it won't boot into recovery this way.
    • Boot to recovery:

• Android - there's no official option to do that but it's possible through some app. So I did boot into menu but all I've got was message that there's a corrupted file system or something like that. Check attachement to get the idea.
      • LE v005 - I tried to reboot recovery from SSH but unfortunetly it can't be rebooted this way. I think it's a known issue when device has LED on but nothing is happening.
    • Update from android - this method works for v005 and it is only way I could install v005. I used SD to put there contents of zip file with additional files that are required for v006 and then select this zip from Update&Recovery in Android. It rebooted as usuall but instead of installing update I saw Amlogic S905 logo (something that doesn't normally show up), then screen went black for ~1s and again Amlogic S905 logo has appeared. After that device booted as usuall into Android.

And that's all. I don't know if I'm missing something here.

• Boot to recovery:

• Android - there's no official option to do that but it's possible through some app. So I did boot into menu but all I've got was message that there's a corrupted file system or something like that. Check attachement to get the idea.

I think this is the method you should use. Have you tried using a different SD card, made from scratch using e.g. Rufus? Do not replace dtb.img on LE SD card at this point, your box should boot with device tree that is supplied in image. Does it also tell about filesystem corruption on new SD card?

• Cannot get .006 to boot past teddy-bear screen with USB (with and without holding in button with pin) and I am using MiniMX. I can get it to work on SD card but, as with all builds I have tried, I get random freeze ups. Therefore, and unfortunately, I'm unable to use LibreElec on my box as I dont wont to destroy the NAND. What to do ? Dont know, tried everything I think. Oh and yes I did try both USB slots (only 2 on this box) and I did use the correct dtb.img (which is the one that works for the SD card).

• Cannot get .006 to boot past teddy-bear screen with USB (with and without holding in button with pin) and I am using MiniMX. I can get it to work on SD card but, as with all builds I have tried, I get random freeze ups. Therefore, and unfortunately, I'm unable to use LibreElec on my box as I dont wont to destroy the NAND. What to do ? Dont know, tried everything I think. Oh and yes I did try both USB slots (only 2 on this box) and I did use the correct dtb.img (which is the one that works for the SD card).

its its freezing with the sd card its probably a bad or slow sd card

did/does .005 work well?

• unfortunately not.
    Tried with M8sII.

But seems Kernel related?!

at least kszaq could give more information about, why it's not working :)

Guys you purchase a brand new chip s905X and anticipate it to work anytime soon ?
    Answer is "NO" it wont.
    The s905 has had more time out in the market so more developers have had time to iron out bugs.
    I dont believe the s905x has been out there long enough or is being worked on by enough Devs for it to progress with great speed.
    Be patient and the rule when buying a box with a new chip is be prepared to wait for fixes.
    I have an S905x box and it has gone in the drawer. Not even the stock Android works properly
    But i knew that when i purchased it. Personally the S905x is pretty useless considering it has no real advantages over the S905
    except for minor codec abilities. None are needed by me.
    Be patient it may or may not ever happen.

• I think this is the method you should use. Have you tried using a different SD card, made from scratch using e.g. Rufus? Do not replace dtb.img on LE SD card at this point, your box should boot with device tree that is supplied in image. Does it also tell about filesystem corruption on new SD card?

I always use Rufus to things like that. ;)
    I'll try your suggestion later because I'm at work right now. Thanks!

• I didn't ask for an ETA. I didn't complain about that its not working. I knew that it won't work for a while when buying the box.
    Nobody asked WHEN it will work.
    So why being so rude?

Wanted just to know if he knows WHY, because kszaq said, he would need testers, because he doesn't own a 905x box.

So I would not start to bother someone, as you did.
    But well, you seem to be in the right position to do that, I guess......

Edited once, last by lama0900 (August 23, 2016 at 8:01 AM).

• I didn't ask for an ETA. I didn't complain about that its not working. I knew that it won't work for a while when buying the box.
    Nobody asked WHEN it will work.
    So why being so rude?

Wanted just to know if he knows WHY, because kszaq said, he would need testers, because he doesn't own a 905x box.

So I would not start to bother someone, as you did.
    But well, you seem to be in the right position to do that, I guess......

Sorry if i sounded rude.
    Sincere apology.
    I think you have answered your own questions.