7.0.2.006 build for S905

• Just make sure you dont do what i did when following NAND installation. LibreELEC
    All good now.

This sounds like the exact same thing I did mate could you explain how you eventually got back into recovery? My head is battered here lol
    bearing in mind I can't get into android no more either just a loop of libreelec trying an automatic repair every 120 seconds

Edited once, last by gazrob (September 4, 2016 at 2:47 PM).

• Hi,
    I've just installed this 7.0.2.006 build for S905 on an MX Plus with 1Gb Ram / 8Gb Rom (MXplus_S2), using minimx.dtb and the toothpick method and the setup was very smooth, and so far everything seems to be working great. It is running from SD. I didn't try audio passthrough yet.

This tv box is to be located on other house and I need to connect to my home vpn, but so far didn't find out how to do it. Is it possible to install / config this box as a vpn client? My NAS can be configured to accept OpenVPN or PPTP connections.
    Thanks

• This tv box is to be located on other house and I need to connect to my home vpn, but so far didn't find out how to do it. Is it possible to install / config this box as a vpn client? My NAS can be configured to accept OpenVPN or PPTP connections.

A friend of mine used this: OpenVPN for Kodi

(but he was on x64, so please try and tell us if it works with the amlogic kernel )

• This sounds like the exact same thing I did mate could you explain how you eventually got back into recovery? My head is battered here lol
    bearing in mind I can't get into android no more either just a loop of libreelec trying an automatic repair every 120 seconds

just bumping this guys as im really stuck

• Minimxiii mate,how do you make a bootable twrp? Just copy image to sd or burn it? Funny thing is libreelec boots from sd but I can't seem to get anything else to nor can I enter recovery

You put Twrp on root of sdcard and rename it recovery.img

To flash via otg...
    1)Download & Open Amlogic USB Burning Tool
    2)Using male USB-A to USB-A cable connect the OTG Usb port to a PC while holding toothpick
    3)USB Burning Tool will recognize the device, select Android image file
    4)Click Start, wait 2-5mins..

This may help...

How to use the Amlogic USB Burning Tool to manually update firmware - AndroidPCReview

Edited once, last by iCanuck (September 4, 2016 at 6:20 PM).

• You put Twrp on root of sdcard and rename it recovery.img

To flash via otg...
    1)Download & Open Amlogic USB Burning Tool
    2)Using male USB-A to USB-A cable connect the OTG Usb port to a PC while holding toothpick
    3)USB Burning Tool will recognize the device, select Android image file
    4)Click Start, wait 2-5mins..

This may help...

How to use the Amlogic USB Burning Tool to manually update firmware - AndroidPCReview

Thanks mate,appreciate it :)
    [hr]

Thanks mate that firmware will come in handy

Edited once, last by gazrob (September 4, 2016 at 6:41 PM).

• Am I using the right device tree?

When I say speeds are slow, its when I'm import local library or installing repos/addon, like anything where it might need to save to storage.

I'm pretty sure this is the box:
    Beelink MiniMXIII II Amlogic S905x RAM 2GB EMMC 16GB Up to 32GB - Android TV BOX - Beelink - Mobile - Powered by Discuz!
    I got it from Amazon here:
    link removed

But I think seller had some bad info in title.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

Edited once, last by kszaq (September 4, 2016 at 9:49 PM).

• I also tried the image included device tree, same results.

Here is a log of me copying files, I see some errors, not sure if they help
    Dropbox - log-2016-09-04-19.44.07.zip

[hr]

So I tried again from USB, initial boot time is much longer than SD, but LE does not seem to hang inbetween read/writes as much.

I also get odd/mixed results copying from:
    Network to USB & USB to network
    USB to SD & SD to USB
    SD to SD & USB to USB
    Copy always starts out quick, im guessing that is mem-cashing, but then pauses and slows to 2MBs - 8MBs

When I do a local media scan (even only using local .nfo's, not movie.db), it will hang for over 1min inbetween movies, and as you should know this is notmally about a 1sec deal. So im not sure if its when its trying to save thumb or update DB.

Thanks, Nathan

Edited once, last by Nathan909 (September 4, 2016 at 9:21 PM).

• gxbb_p200_2G_t95n_2g.dtb

Device tree above worked for the T95N MiniM8s Pro.

I have tried BOTH update and fresh install methods. Both worked.

Well i haven't realised but the wifi is erratic. I dont normally use it and today my wife took it into another room without ethernet and the box keeps un hooking itself from network and freezing just using UI. the signal goes from really strong to weak and then no throughput. In LE settings i get the wheel of death spin when with no networks showing up.
    Eventually i unplug and replug device until it hooks up to my network but the signal is really weak.
    Whilst it is connected to my network i go into LE Settings and when i look into connections no other networks appear except the one i am connected to.
    I may have a wifi driver issue/missing?
    My question is ? Can this be that i am using a device tree from a different box?
    I uploaded device tree for the MiniM8s Pro 17/8/16 but it is not the one listed in device trees link.
    LibreELEC
    The device tree for the minim8s (gxbb_p200_mini_m8s.dtb) freezes on logo.
    Same thing has happened to my other identical box with SD Card install.
    I thought it was only the related to NAND install.

Edited once, last by kostaman (September 5, 2016 at 10:46 AM).