Early community images for H3, H6 and A64

• tothb001

No, there is no any other image with kernel 3.4.113, only OE 7. It would be hard to make a newer one, since some packages rely on some kernel features which weren't present 7 years ago.

Regarding RPi with 512 MiB of RAM check this post #209

Ohh. I'll stay at htpc then. OPi will be a torrent server with Armbian. Thank you for all your help to Jernej!

• BTW, streaming was not actually well tested. Just few seconds once. I guess error handling has to be improved, but that is known already.

Zattoo works pretty decently here, including dash streaming.

So far the best zattoo client for me.

• Hello.

According to Your recipe I created Libreelec for Bananapi A20 arm. I applied patches from kernel/git/next/linux-next.git, but I am confused about support for DRM format modifiers. Please, can You suggest a path?

Thanks in advance

• There are no ffmpeg patches for this yet. Maybe wait until they are ready? Or you want to be proactive and help us with programming?

Hi,

I would like to help but I am not an expert in this field (ffmpeg, hw video acceleration and so on).

/shrug

When it comes to drm format modifiers patches i found this: [RESEND,v5,04/23] drm/sun4i: frontend: Pass DRM format info to input format helpers - Patchwork I do not know if it's all and if it's enough.

• Hello. I want to connect orange pi pc to the old TV. How to make an analog TV output on this assembly.

Google Translate. I am Russian-speaking and it is very difficult for me to understand the text on this forum.

Здравствуйте. Хочу подключить orange pi pc к старому телевизору. Как сделать аналоговый тв выход на данной сборке.

Я рускоговорящий и мне очень сложно понимать текст на этом форуме.

• Hello. I want to connect orange pi pc to the old TV. How to make an analog TV output on this assembly.

Google Translate. I am Russian-speaking and it is very difficult for me to understand the text on this forum.

Здравствуйте. Хочу подключить orange pi pc к старому телевизору. Как сделать аналоговый тв выход на данной сборке.

Я рускоговорящий и мне очень сложно понимать текст на этом форуме.

I think the best solution will be hdmi to analog adapter like this:

• I think the best solution will be hdmi to analog adapter like this:

I've thought about it, but there's a more budget option

%D0%9A%D0%B0%D0%B1%D0%B5%D0%BB%D1%8C-%D0%BF%D0%B5%D1%80%D0%B5%D1%85%D0%BE%D0%B4%D0%BD%D0%B8%D0%BA-%D0%90%D1%83%D0%B4%D0%B8%D0%BE-%D0%94%D0%B6%D0%B5%D0%BA-Jack-3.5-%D0%BC%D0%BC-%D0%BD%D0%B0-%D0%A2%D1%8E%D0%BB%D1%8C%D0%BF%D0%B0%D0%BD%D1%8B-RCA.jpg

Analog TV out driver is not yet completed, although anyone with some Linux driver skills could use existing but old patches for that functionality.

To my great regret, I am very unfamiliar with Linux. I found instructions on how to turn on the TV output to Arabian. Here is the reference Настройка ТВ выхода/TV out на Orange Pi PC под Armbian - MicroPi . I don't know if this will work on libreelec. So realistically do or driver need to wait?. How long to wait for the driver?

Thank you for answering so quickly.

• Installed the system on an orange pi pc and got a few problems.

The remote is not working. There are 2 remotes, one of them works with Kodi 18 on 905 CPU and the settings (conf) remote I have. Tried manually re-create the console database via shh.

"Now hold down button "key_power".

Something went wrong: Cannot decode data

Please try again. (23 retries left)"

My TV(Samsung) does not see HDMI-SEC. 905 although on the console it works. Orange can only turn my TV on and off, which is very strange.

In system settings I did not find the item hdmi-sec.

The most important thing is why the remote control does not work, it is inconvenient to control the mouse.

What am I doing wrong?

• Bought today Orange Pi PC board to mess around with. Built an image from jerjejsk git. First impressions:

1. It can actually play video! :)

2. Tested with my DVBSky S960 satellite DVB tuner. It works well. I used VDR + VNSI + OSCam.

GUI is slow compared to RPi3 - looks like it is limited to 10 fps of something like that. On RPi there is an option in "Player"-->"Videos"-->"Processing"-->"Limit GUI updates during playback" and when it is set to "Unlimited" - GUI is very smooth. Is it possible to implement it here?

Edited once, last by smp (February 20, 2019 at 6:03 PM).

• There is very easy way to have success!

According to Infrared Remotes [LibreELEC.wiki] and my experience

Delete the file: \storage\.config\lircd.conf if exists.

Find your remote in \usr\lib\udev\rc_keymaps\

If You want to change something in found file; copy it to folder \storage\.config\rc_keymaps\ and there you can do it.

Run command: ir-keytable

You should see something like:

Found /sys/class/rc/rc0/ (/dev/input/event1) with:

Name: sunxi-ir

Driver: sunxi-ir, table: rc-empty

lirc device: /dev/lirc0

Supported protocols: other lirc rc-5 rc-5-sz jvc sony nec sanyo mce_kbd

Create file \storage\.config\rc_maps.cfg with this content:

sunxi-ir * tevii_nec

• I do it, but my OrangePi PC don't get RC commands =(

My rc_maps.cfg:

Code
     $> cat /storage/.config/rc_maps.cfg
    sunxi-ir * my_remote

My keymap

After boot my ir-keytable dont read setting:

Code
    $> ir-keytable -r
    scancode 0x002a = KEY_COFFEE (0x98)
    Enabled protocols:
    Code
    $> ir-keytable
    Found /sys/class/rc/rc0/ (/dev/input/event0) with:
            Supported protocols: other rc-5 rc-5-sz jvc sony nec sanyo mce_kbd rc-6 sharp xmp
            Enabled protocols:
            bus: 25, vendor/product: 0001:0001, version: 0x0100
            Repeat delay = 500 ms, repeat period = 125 ms

And If I load my keyfile manualy, Kodi dont see comands (but ir-keytable read and decode key to command) =(

• I do it, but my OrangePi PC don't get RC commands =(

My rc_maps.cfg:

Code
     $> cat /storage/.config/rc_maps.cfg
    sunxi-ir * my_remote

My keymap

After boot my ir-keytable dont read setting:

Code
    $> ir-keytable -r
    scancode 0x002a = KEY_COFFEE (0x98)
    Enabled protocols:
    Code
    $> ir-keytable
    Found /sys/class/rc/rc0/ (/dev/input/event0) with:
            Supported protocols: other rc-5 rc-5-sz jvc sony nec sanyo mce_kbd rc-6 sharp xmp
            Enabled protocols:

And If I load my keyfile manualy, Kodi dont see comands (but ir-keytable read and decode key to command) =(

Sorry, I forget one important line in my previous answer:

Code
    # ir-keytable
    Found /sys/class/rc/rc0/ (/dev/input/event1) with:
            lirc device: /dev/lirc0
            Supported protocols: other lirc rc-5 rc-5-sz jvc sony nec sanyo mce_kbd rc-6 sharp xmp
            Enabled protocols: lirc nec

You have to see some enabled protocol (nec)

If there is nothing to see, You can enable it manually:

Code
    # ir-keytable -s rc0 -p NEC

Why not allowed when loading is a great secret!