LibreELEC-RR 9.x [ Emulationstation | Retroarch | Pegasus | DolphinQT | Moonlight | Chrome | Spotify ]

• Hi, since I updated LE with the nightly build from 10th of july the screenshots in my easyrpg core look like this:

axse4jqi.png

Didnt have this issue before. I also tried to reproduce it with retroarch on windows but the screenshots look normal there. So I think it might be related to this LE build.

• Hi, since I updated LE with the nightly build from 10th of july

EDIT: Ah ok, I see now, there are not nightly builds for s905, the build from 10 july are for others systems :)

Can you tell me where can I find the lastest nightly build? The only repo that I know is this Index of /builds/

And the last build is from 24 April

@5schatten It is possible activate Bluetooth on the chip RTL8723BS?, the WiFi module works great and the Milhouse build have the Bluetooth working also.

Thanks!

Edited once, last by Vapor (July 27, 2019 at 9:24 PM).

• Hello! This Librelec build is awesome?But I have a couple questions

1) How can I control volume in frontend? The RR addon works fine but i wanted to change volume dynamically

2) When will you publish new builds?Will update overwrite manually changed retroarch config?

3) How can I hide spotify from Kodi menu?

• Hi Guys... Love your images.. using it for PC and one of my Raspberry Pi 3b+'s,,, (would love to see it for my rock Pi 4b (rk3399) that's a different thread)... anyways.. I just wanted to point out that I'm cheap.. and i don't want to pay for Spotify.. (I'm 38 I've got allllll the mp3's/FLAC I need) BUT I use a free account on the PC using your Libreelec image.. I was able to cut down on the ad's (not all) by applying my HOST file from my rooted android phone which has Ad-away... seems to block alot of the banner ads.. still a few video ads.. Figured you guys know what I'm talking about so i shouldn't have to go into details on how... BUT... msg me if you have questions... thanks again for the great images.

• I cannot get VLC to compile for the RasPi4. No matter what I try I get "cannot find -lGL" errors.

It's clearly an opengl related error due to the pi switching to Mesa with the 4.

Since I'm still learning the build system, do you have some thoughts or guidance to provide?

• I cannot get VLC to compile for the RasPi4. No matter what I try I get "cannot find -lGL" errors.

It's clearly an opengl related error due to the pi switching to Mesa with the 4.

Since I'm still learning the build system, do you have some thoughts or guidance to provide?

I now have Pegasus and Skyscraper left to work through compile errors (due to qt/gstreamer gl errors).

Aside from those, I was able to build a full RPi4 image. Pull requests have been sent for everything that I have been able to fix so far.

I tried to boot it just now and the initial boot was ok (resizing the partition) but after rebooting the libreelec-rr logo remained on screen. Though I could hear kodi navigation sounds when I hit up, down, left, right, and enter keys.

Progress...but definitely not usable on a RPi4 yet.

• Hi,

i have a problem with my 8bitdo SF30 Pro Bluetooth Controller.

I paired it with the system using the LibreElec Addon in Kodi and it works great in Retroarch, Pegasus and EmulationStation. But it wont work in Kodi itself for some reason.

Log shows the following trying to rempad the kodi controller input (which times out):

I tried creating a udev rule as i read about it in another thred (99-gamepad.rules) with no success:

Code
    SUBSYSTEM=="input", ATTRS{name}=="8Bitdo SF30 Pro", KERNEL=="event*", MODE="0666", ENV{ID_INPUT_JOYSTICK}="1"

Change the input driver in kodi from linux to udev doesnt help as well.

Any idea how to get this working?

Im using the latest build for the Khadas VIM.

Edited once, last by ntuseracc (August 13, 2019 at 10:51 AM).

• Just curious, and I hope I don't come across as ungrateful but any idea as to when the April builds will be being updated? Thanks for all your hard work on this absolutely outstanding project. I love it!

• Just curious, and I hope I don't come across as ungrateful but any idea as to when the April builds will be being updated? Thanks for all your hard work on this absolutely outstanding project. I love it!

i think those are considered the stable builds you'll haveto manually update to nightly for latest updates.

• You can also build the images on Ubuntu 18.04 I updated last week for Generic and RPI. S905 did not build though build errors Im guessing this is down to the updates to linux ?

if you mean about my comment about manually updating" then its not that they haveto be built, but that you haveto place the nightlies down on the Update folder n reboot, cant use the update function in the LibreElec Program App,

• have atomiswave and naomi folders been added to the rom directory?

they appear in batocera linux and recalbox,but both of those operting systems use an older version of kodi and dont have a web browser.

• I now have Pegasus and Skyscraper left to work through compile errors (due to qt/gstreamer gl errors).

Aside from those, I was able to build a full RPi4 image. Pull requests have been sent for everything that I have been able to fix so far.

I tried to boot it just now and the initial boot was ok (resizing the partition) but after rebooting the libreelec-rr logo remained on screen. Though I could hear kodi navigation sounds when I hit up, down, left, right, and enter keys.

Progress...but definitely not usable on a RPi4 yet.

Built again with all the latest changes. It now boots but the screen gets scrambled shortly after booting, making it unusable. I am guessing this is largely due to the state of RPi4 support in LibreELEC which in turn is largely based on RPi4 in Linux 5+ kernels. At least for now, I can take my time getting the full build to compile for RPi4.

• Hi 5schatten.
    In past i report that issue in Odroid C2.

The MPEG-2 decoding not work good.
    I test the version of COREELE and MPEG-2 is fluid and in your release it not render fluid.
    It have many glitch and frame drops.

I tested older version 8.2.5 from KSZAQ, and image is fluid too.
    I don't have many know-how for help you but i can test if you can investigate it.

Fluid Version of MPEG-2
    Index of /s905/8.2/8.2.3.1/

PS: Original version from LIBREELEC release for odroid C2 have this issue too in MPEG-2

Only coreelec and KSZAQ builds have no this issue.
    Thanks a lot for your builds ;)

• Build RR-20190825-d0375d5 | uploaded for Generic & RPi2 | Index of /nightly/

• updated to latest LE 9.80
    • updated Generic kernel to 5.2.9 | RPi kernel to 5.2.8
    • updated Mesa to 19.2.0-rc1
    • updated Nvidia driver to 430.40
    • updated Vulkan to v1.1.120
    • updated SDL2 to 2.0.10 for Generic
    • updated FluidSynth to 2.0.6
    • updated vlc to v3.0.8
    • updated Emulationstation to 2.9.0-dev & backported some patches -> threaded system loading speeds up start drastically
    • updated Retroarch to 1.7.8-dev
    • updated moonlight-qt to v1.1
    • updated Skyscraper to 3.2.6
    • updated amiberry -> fixed "greyish" fonts
    • updated all libretro-cores
    • updated citra & dolphin
    • updated PCSX2 image to v1.0.3

Download & copy the tar file to the update folder of your system for manual updates. Until mainline support for RK & AML arrives I won't update the update channel.

• This is Kodi 18, Kernel & Amlogic related and not fixable by me.

have atomiswave and naomi folders been added to the rom directory?

they appear in batocera linux and recalbox,but both of those operting systems use an older version of kodi and dont have a web browser.

Just add your atomiswave & naomi games to the dreamcast folder & get a proper bios file. This is entirely core related and has nothing to do with dedicated folder. Read the flycast documentation for further details.

You can also build the images on Ubuntu 18.04 I updated last week for Generic and RPI. S905 did not build though build errors Im guessing this is down to the updates to linux ?

Mainline Kernel for AMLGX & AMLG12 so basically all Amlogic projects is still wip & until Kernel 5.3 isn't released you won't see any new builds.

Just curious, and I hope I don't come across as ungrateful but any idea as to when the April builds will be being updated? Thanks for all your hard work on this absolutely outstanding project. I love it!

Just use nightly builds /shrug

I own two of them and they worked flawless in the past but you have to configure a controller profile in Kodi too. If they work in ES & RA they're properly paired. Also make sure you use the Switch mode otherwise you'll end up with analogue stick mouse input.

EDIT: Ah ok, I see now, there are not nightly builds for s905, the build from 10 july are for others systems :)

Can you tell me where can I find the lastest nightly build? The only repo that I know is this Index of /builds/

And the last build is from 24 April

@5schatten It is possible activate Bluetooth on the chip RTL8723BS?, the WiFi module works great and the Milhouse build have the Bluetooth working also.

Thanks!

There will be no Amlogic builds until Kernel 5.3 or later. Maybe the RTL8723BS will be supported otherwise ask in common LE sections for support.

Unfortunately I still have the problem that I have no sound under Moonlight. In Emulatorstation etc it works fine.

Check out the current build if we're talking about Generic & moonlight-qt -> there have been audio fixes in moonlight-qt v1.1