Posts by Cael

i havent had to deal with this issue in a verry long time as i after so long my last remaining CRT finally kicked the bucket, and generally any 480i/p content i watched in a window on my desktop/laptop. i hadnt been here since mid /late 2019 and that was when 5schatten's RetroReborn builds were the best ones to be using w/ a Pi 3 /3B+. ( and was a minor persisting bug even then.)

fastforwardingto now i've moved way down south, and roommate's got a big old honker of a CRT in the livingroom we want to make use out of. my Pi 3B+ has been collecting dust since 2019, looked to see LE 10+ 's new Graphics Driver does not support Composite out, so i grabbed the last build up on the old builds for 2/3 grabbed, plex addon, and realised holy F** does this old tv have one hell of a bad overscan problem. (about the length of your thumb, enough that it starts cliping the ever so bits of the gear pixels for settings.)

after adjusting for this horrible overscan, i save, notice i got no sound ( because its defaulting to the pi's HDMI,) i set to analog and reboot. and to my surprise like old builds, like with the last builds back then i had used with 5schatten, theres that annoying bug where overscan adjustments are not saved.

was there ever a workaround/fix found besides just migrating to LE10? and has 5schatten continued thier builds much since 2019 for the Pi4 and or the pi400?

haven't been ontop of things but updated recently, that pesky Time sync problem seems to be gone for damn good!

but i don't know if this is a RetroArch thing or not while it DOES have an Auto config for an OG Xbox controller, it's all sorts of messed up, (connected over a handmade connector cable)

attaching a Config that Adheres to Xinput mappings (X is X on Gamepad, A is A etc) but in Cores? the functionality isn't duplicated, but the button naming IS , like for D Pad up and Down its listing as HAT # 0 Up HAT # 0 Down but, it shows Key Up for both, you haveto assign manually per Core via the function Icon rather than Name.

(i know this is Niche-case not many are going to go mutilate a spare Breakaway cable to make this or spend 10$ on a cable just to use a OG Xbox S / Duke controller, and i'm only trying it out as i had to get a replacement for my OG Xbox's controller)

Microsoft X-Box pad v1 (US).zip

In Retroarch I am unable to download cores and there are no cores preinstalled either. How am I able to download them?

is this the recent build he posted at my request? (edit tested on my Pi4, the only thing that indeed doesnt work is "Download a core" (which understandably wont work, No Pi4 cores reside yet on the libretro buildbot server, thus if you could, no core you downloaded or overwrote would launch)

if you are using the 10/17/19 build, go hit the Releases , a new build was posted at my request to MagicSeb (again thankyou MagicSeb i still cant get a new VM up n running, a problem i'll haveto face when im back home X_X)

I was able to successfully build for a RPi4 from your dev-RR branch. 😀

The system booted to Kodi successfully. The default of 4Kp30 display setting seemed a bit glitchy and sluggish. I tried changing to 1080p60 but it was only displaying as the upper left quarter of the screen. I tried to start emulationstation and retroarch from the home screen and both relaunched Kodi (I'm guessing both crashed and your script/systemd relaunched Kodi).

To see if these were LE issues or just your build I reflashed the SD card with the current 9.2 beta (9.1.501). The default of 4Kp30 did not feel sluggish and changing to 1080p60 did not result in only the upper left corner display.

I didn't pull logs yet but want to give you a heads up on a couple early issues. Hopefully I can review more this weekend and get some logs as well. I understand this is from the dev branch and you are likely actively working on changes.

Back to my S905X for now.

if you ask me Raspbian Buster which is the core to base Lakka/LibreELEC for the 4, needs more time to mature. theres alot of Issues for video playback under it with its default WM. (ones i get even under Lakka) the Pi4 has felt Rushed and so much atm is showing how rushed it was.

Do I have to install it by writing directly to the sd card or is it possible to update an existing installation by throwing your image into the .update folder?

just like any LibreElec version except vanilla, you update by tossing either the .img or .tar into the Update foldervia network or on-device over a USB storage etc. i would say much like with 5schatten 's builds for the 2 and 3, w/ first time updating, flash the .img to the SD card rather than trying to update from vanilla "Lakka" , after that as above, is all good n golden to toss either archive into the Update folder.

however if you start compiling updates yourself. big ones start from scratch (make clean & PROJECT=RPi DEVICE=RPi4 ARCH=arm make image ) initial/from scratch builds will take along time on older hardware/limited VM's so beware of that (on my System an AMD FX 8320E 16GB Ram, with a VM given only half that and a 120GB HDD Image. times are in the ballpark of 7 HOURS for a fresh image, significantly less when its a small update.

gonna go out of the limb Escalade, your users are likely primarily PC Users (reguardless the manufacture,) so if thats what users want for x86_64 generic platforms, fine let em choose which they want. but 5schatten builds target not just the average PC but various SBC's as well, if he so called had to switch to full wayland (and do honestly correct me if im wrong on this), thats shooting out a likely large chunk of those who choose to use his builds. Personally i perfeer RR on my Pi 2 3 and 3B+ while i use Magicseb's for the 4 untill everything eventually smooths out for the 4.

just my two cents *shrug*

Standalone Windows version for RPCS3, i can tell you i had no issues w/ my AMD FX 8320E CPU/ GTX 760 OC (before it died, but i had alot of studders while it built shader caches.) and even better performance w/ my newly installed GTX 1650. i'd put the bar sadly for acceptable performance however atleast a 900 GTX Series GPU for Nvidia, cant say for AMD.. all my AMD GPU's are old AF.(Radeon HD5750 is the newest i got)

You can also build the images on Ubuntu 18.04 I updated last week for Generic and RPI. S905 did not build though build errors Im guessing this is down to the updates to linux ?

if you mean about my comment about manually updating" then its not that they haveto be built, but that you haveto place the nightlies down on the Update folder n reboot, cant use the update function in the LibreElec Program App,

4 hours in No crashes. BUT one problem Has regressed, Wifi refuses to work ("Input/output Error") but the fact we've narrowed it down to either it's the later firmware OR its the newer Kernel, gives a huge leap to fixing the real issue. (and even helps make your image more stable and Lakka even better,)

i finally captured lastnight a Kernel Panic (Deadlock) after 2hrs30Mins of playing a SNES game and usally when idle or playing for about that long if i exit to Kodi and reboot its good. and i Haveto if it just Quits-to-Kodi (becomes verry crash/Kodi-restart Prone if i dont) i had this morning as i passed out w/ a game running, and Kodi Rebooting caused a similar Kernel panic (was first time it's failed to properly reboot)

Here's the one from RetroArch crashing:

and the one from Kodi:

i have copy over the cores from your current build to raspbian-buster and they seems to work well there for hours.so i think it`s not a problem with the cores it self

it sgotta be something that RetroArch is doing once a core is loaded and running. atleast within LibreElec. what Device model are you using? (1GB 2GB or 4GB?) if we can get a testing sample size and see if its locked to a particular Ram variant, we might find out whats causing these OutOf Memory/Deadlock Kernel panics

MagicSeb retroarch is causing the issues doesnt look like it's the cores directly had Snes9x 2010 and Gambette (pokemon rando's) at the same time, 2 to 2nahalf hour crashes. my guess is RetroArch is slowly leaking. what Pi4 Models do you have? and/or can you get anyone to test w/ reducing system ram in config.txt if it solves it?
    (cause if this base OS image libreelec is using is the 64bit kernel, this might explain it.. the raspberry pi development team have stated the 64bit kernel is a WiP and breaks/becomes unstable on the 4GB model when more than 1GB Ram is enabled.

when you launch a video that use smaller resolution than your display can support, kodi use a filter to adjust image to the screen

but bilinear filtering cause strange bars, tearing etc, other filters seems to be ok but slower.

This kodi build is specific to rpi4

GitHub - popcornmix/xbmc at leia_pi4

i get it given that the 7inch waveshare has a oddball Resolution of 800x480, thats what hid the issue